Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Mutual interest between Colts and Andre Johnson (merge)

Dustin

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree somewhat, Gore hasn't missed a game since 2011 and hasn't been under 1000 yards since then either. Johnson has missed 1 game since 2011. He had 85 catches last year for almost a thousand yards with dog doo doo throwing to him. They don't need to be the players they were, they just need to be the players we need them to be. Gore needs to balance the offense by getting 4 yards a clip so the next time we play the patriots they don't just play the pass the entire time. Johnson just needs to create separation for short 3-4 yard routes while TY and Moncrief blow the top off the defense. Two guys who actually have a chance to compete for a title (Gore had a 3 year window that since shut). For the right price I'm down with this, just draft another RB though.

I'm hoping we get gore, so I can see what people say when he can't run behind our line. Probably the same thing they are now, that he is to old. Even though he's had, like you said, a 1000 yard season every season of his career except one, but it's Def him not us.

I'm hoping we get gore, so I can see what people say when he can't run behind our line. Probably the same thing they are now, that he is to old. Even though he's had, like you said, a 1000 yard season every season of his career except one, but it's Def him not us.

Again, Boom Herron and Ahmad Bradshaw have proven that a halfway competent RB can run behind the Colts line. Frank Gore has just about the best vision in the game (compared to TR with about the worst, if not the worst), so don't hold your breathe on him supporting your erroneous theory.

Again, Boom Herron and Ahmad Bradshaw have proven that a halfway competent RB can run behind the Colts line. Frank Gore has just about the best vision in the game (compared to TR with about the worst, if not the worst), so don't hold your breathe on him supporting your erroneous theory.

Ya, because those 3 are the exactly same type of running back styles.

Sooooo you would rather give 9M$/year to a 34 year old wr, when there are many many many other wr out there that could catch 1000 yards from our QB, vs give 8M$/year to last years leading rusher, when our 3M$/year RB can hardly make it back to the line of scrimmage? I'm just making sure I understand your logic..

AJ has been doing it for YEARS regardless of who has been throwing him the ball. Murray had one good year behind the arguably the best OL in football. You proved my point. Why are you wanting to give a one year wonder money over someone who has proved themselves regardless of the circumstance. On top of that our offense goes through Luck, so again why are you paying a RB that kind of money who MIGHT get 20 carries a game. Excellent logic chief....

By the way remind me how good our OL is..

AJ has been doing it for YEARS regardless of who has been throwing him the ball. Murray had one good year behind the arguably the best OL in football. You proved my point. Why are you wanting to give a one year wonder money over someone who has proved themselves regardless of the circumstance. On top of that our offense goes through Luck, so again why are you paying a RB that kind of money who MIGHT get 20 carries a game. Excellent logic chief....

Our OL is bad, on a good day. However, it seems like we are trying to make it mediocre on a good day. My point, is that almost any WR can  get 1000 yards in our system. Nicks could get 1000 yards if he was our #2 WR from day one. Moncreif can get 1000 yards if he's our #2 from day one. I bet Carter could get 700 yards if he was our #2 from day one. Nicks will cost half of 9m$ and Moncreif/Carter make less than 1M$ each I think.

When you look at our running backs, you have Trich who is terrible, but yet Donald Brown and Bradshaw made our line look good. Maybe our OL isn't as much of an issue as it seems? Maybe if we had a "good" running back we would have a "good" running game. Maybe we lose some of our games because we can't run the ball. I don't think we're losing many games because Luck has no targets. Let me give you some stats.

When Luck throws for 300+ yards, 7W 3L

When Luck throws for less than 300 yards, 4W 2L

When our leading rusher has 60+ yards, 6W 1L

When our leading rusher has less than 60 yards, 5W 4L

When Luck throws for 300+ yards AND our leading rusher rushes for 60+ yards, 6W 0L 

If the Colts want to go to the SB they need to be able to run the ball. 8M to Murray RATHER than 9M to Johnson will help us win more games.

Want some more stats?

Of Green Bays 4 losses, only once their leading rusher ran for 60+ yards

Of New Englands 4 losses, only once their leading rusher ran for 60+ yards

Of Seattles 4 losses, only once their rushing leader did NOT run for 60+ yards. In contrast, Wilson only threw for 250+ yards 4 times.

Again, the Colts will win more games with Murray than Johnson. 

Agreed, Gore and AJ has been doing it for years and without an established QB at the helm imagine these Vets with Luck a dangerous combination and will open other WRʻs and the TEʻs even more, 

I will definitely say...I don't know that you'll get much better locker room guys in terms of work ethic and character than Gore and Johnson....it's a HUGE win for the Colts both ON and OFF the field if they lock these two guys down for the highlight of their twilight....