Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Early Colts record predictions? **MERGE**

Solid84

On 5/12/2023 at 2:11 PM, NewColtsFan said:

I don’t remember the win totals, I joined after the 12 draft.   But I do remember the Colts were ranked 32nd in the first post-draft power ranking.   Yes, dead last. 

Pagano had T-shirts made for every player. 

Our over/under wins before 2012 was 5.5 in Vegas. I remember espn and Nfl.com had us winning 5. I had us winning 8 because I figured Luck was NFL ready and he would be good. We won 11 lol.

We were 2-14 in 2011 and almost in complete rebuild mode, no Peyton is why we were ranked 32nd by espn. I figured Luck would give us 6 more wins, he gave us 9.

Home

Houston Texans W

Jacksonville Jaguars L

Tennessee Titans W

Cleveland Browns L

Pittsburgh Steelers L

New Orleans Saints L

Tampa Bay Buccaneers W

Las Vegas Raiders W

Los Angeles Rams L

Away

Atlanta Falcons W

Baltimore Ravens L

Carolina Panthers W

Houston Texans L

Jacksonville Jaguars W

Tennessee Titans L

Cincinnati Bengals L

New England Patriots L

Home

Houston Texans W

Jacksonville Jaguars L

Tennessee Titans W

Cleveland Browns L

Pittsburgh Steelers W

New Orleans Saints L

Tampa Bay Buccaneers W

Las Vegas Raiders W

Los Angeles Rams W

Away

Atlanta Falcons W

Baltimore Ravens L

Carolina Panthers W

Houston Texans W

Jacksonville Jaguars L

Tennessee Titans L

Cincinnati Bengals L

New England Patriots L

On 5/14/2023 at 7:07 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Our over/under wins before 2012 was 5.5 in Vegas. I remember espn and Nfl.com had us winning 5. I had us winning 8 because I figured Luck was NFL ready and he would be good. We won 11 lol.

We were 2-14 in 2011 and almost in complete rebuild mode, no Peyton is why we were ranked 32nd by espn. I figured Luck would give us 6 more wins, he gave us 9.

There's another very big reason why the 2012 Colts were ranked 32nd leading up to the season opener…..

Irsay and Grigson gutted the roster.  The Colts were operating with a huge amount of Dead Cap Money.   The Colts had a roster full of inexpensive vets who were short term guys.   There wasn’t much to point to that said “winning season”.  

The NFL community remembered Peyton’s rookie year (3-13) and there was little reason to think the Colts were going to be 11-5, or even anything better than 8-8.   Props to everyone who made that happen.  (Grigson, Pagano, Arians, Luck, and others).    I’m just saying it was much more than no Peyton. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, hambone35 said:

I believe we will do much better but I am going to say 7-10 I do think we will win minimum of 7 rolling with Richardson!

We’ve had like 60 of these threads now. Do we need another?

• Thanks 1

I'm going 8 to 10 - dependent upon who is under center - AND - how quickly our offense picks up Shane Steichens custom-made offensive system.

The defense is the 2nd year of Gus Bradley's system - so I look for them to take a step forward.

6-11.  I think Richardson starts the season and progresses throughout.  I feel there will be at least 3 games decided by 3 points or less.   Finally,  I think this season will be exciting to watch!

On 5/24/2023 at 7:41 PM, csmopar said:

We’ve had like 60 of these threads now. Do we need another?

Merge?

13 minutes ago, Never_Quit said:

You guys are delusional lol. Peyton's rookie year they went 3-13, and I am not convinced this is a dramatically better team.

5-6 wins, and I'm taking the under.

I don't know how many wins we will end up with, but think this team is way in front of Manning's rookie year team.

Our D is arguably top 10 in the league.

One of top RBs on the league

And Richardson is a dual threat, so he will win a couple game with his feet alone

• Like 5

We will be picking in the top 10 of the draft.  Possibly top 5 if a few position groups don’t step up. Honestly, if that puts us in position to draft a legit WR or DE, I am all for it. This is a good roster in many areas but it lacks impact players at some key positions. 

• Like 1

On 5/12/2023 at 1:54 PM, Smonroe said:

How many games were we predicted to win in 2012?

I'm NOT trying to compare AR to AL.  I'm really just trying to remember what the braniacs thought back then.

On 5/12/2023 at 1:54 PM, Smonroe said:

How many games were we predicted to win in 2012?

I'm NOT trying to compare AR to AL.  I'm really just trying to remember what the braniacs thought back then.

albundy-married-with-children.gif

no comparison.

• w87r changed the title to Early Colts record predictions? **MERGE**

I don’t know why the local media (and some fans) think the playoffs are “unrealistic”.
    The NFL is changing and there definitely is parody across the league. Teams can go from bad to good (or visa-versa quickly.
  And there’s such a fine line between winning and losing. A dropped pass here, and interception there and games are won or loss on a few critical plays.

I like the talent on the Colts and I know there’s question marks but being a “glass half full” kinda fan, I’m hoping for a 10-7 or better year.

13 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

I don’t know why the local media (and some fans) think the playoffs are “unrealistic”.

If you're being neither optimistic nor pessimistic, but just realistic, have the Colts done enough to improve the glaring weaknesses, QB and OL, from a 4-win team? People are skeptical because they will have a very raw rookie or a career backup starting at QB behind a suspect offensive line. When have the Colts ever been below average at QB and made the playoffs?

• Like 1

On 5/8/2023 at 11:29 AM, tweezy32 said:

suppppper easy schedule. 2 hard teams to face this year, Bengal's and ravens. other teams are average or not good. Unfortunately we aren't good either so around 7 wins could be more depends on who's healthy and how well our rookies play.

It really comes down to Richardson and the Oline.  I think the D will be pretty good and Taylo,  the receiver and TE group will take a step up.  Taylor will have a bounce back year and I think Rainmann will take that next step. I am honestly more concerned about the interior of the Oline then the peripheral Oline players. LG, C and no starting RG are concerning. Nelson took a huge step back and that regression started in 2021 even though he was 2nd team all pro. Kelly looks done, but he went through a lot of emotional trauma in 2021 and it carried over to 2022. Is he  phyiscally done or will he bounce back and the birth of his children may assist in that endevour. . There is still no starting RG but I think they will be able to pick one up and/or trade for one. I do find it kind of funny that going into the season, I am most concerned about Nelson and Kelly, They are 2  of the highest  paid players on the line.  I really don't know what our record will be honestly, If all things come together, Richardson could still go out there the 1st game and it could be evident that he has no business being in the NFL. We shall c as that was the case with the Titans rookie last year. The first series it was evident, this guy doesnt have it and now they  cant wait to ship him out of town. Am  I going to give him more than a game to evaluate him? I absolutely will but there is no doubt that a player can go out  there and you are like "oh boy did we ever make a mistake". You can tell early one. Look at Lance. Shannahan knew after preseason that  he is not the guy.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, rockywoj said:

Adam Rank at NFL.com predicts 3-14 for the Colts.  I think they will do better than that. 

Wasn’t Rank the guy Manning told to turn down the music?

Still butthurt…

On 5/8/2023 at 11:31 AM, Solid84 said:

So, a few people had some (to me) surprising win predictions for the 2023 season. These are early preditions of course and I will do a new poll later after training camp and another after the preseason games. These are our opponents this season:

Home

Houston Texans

Jacksonville Jaguars

Tennessee Titans

Cleveland Browns

Pittsburgh Steelers

New Orleans Saints

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Las Vegas Raiders

Los Angeles Rams

Away

Atlanta Falcons