Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Early Colts record predictions? **MERGE**

Solid84

So, a few people had some (to me) surprising win predictions for the 2023 season. These are early preditions of course and I will do a new poll later after training camp and another after the preseason games. These are our opponents this season:

Home

Houston Texans

Jacksonville Jaguars

Tennessee Titans

Cleveland Browns

Pittsburgh Steelers

New Orleans Saints

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Las Vegas Raiders

Los Angeles Rams

Away

Atlanta Falcons

Baltimore Ravens

Carolina Panthers

Houston Texans

Jacksonville Jaguars

Tennessee Titans

Cincinnati Bengals

New England Patriots

1 hour ago, Solid84 said:

So, a few people had some (to me) surprising win predictions for the 2023 season. These are early preditions of course and I will do a new poll later after training camp and another after the preseason games. These are our opponents this season:

Home

Houston Texans

Jacksonville Jaguars

Tennessee Titans

Cleveland Browns

Pittsburgh Steelers

New Orleans Saints

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Las Vegas Raiders

Los Angeles Rams

Away

Atlanta Falcons

Baltimore Ravens

Carolina Panthers

Houston Texans

Jacksonville Jaguars

Tennessee Titans

Cincinnati Bengals

New England Patriots

I put 8 wins. That's really not that tough of a schedule imo. Bengals will be the hardest team to beat from a talent standpoint. NE and Pittsburgh are teams we always struggle with. Jags are the team to beat in the division. We could mess around and slip into a decent season. Could fall flat on our faces.

• Like 1

suppppper easy schedule. 2 hard teams to face this year, Bengal's and ravens. other teams are average or not good. Unfortunately we aren't good either so around 7 wins could be more depends on who's healthy and how well our rookies play.

This league is very very balanced.  It’s become common for teams to go from last to first in a division.  Our division is not a strong one.  It wouldn’t surprise me at all if we went from 3rd to 1st.  9-8 could get us a wild card easily.  This roster is too good to have another losing season.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

This league is very very balanced.  It’s become common for teams to go from last to first in a division.  Our division is not a strong one.  It wouldn’t surprise me at all if we went from 3rd to 1st.  9-8 could get us a wild card easily.  This roster is too good to have another losing season.

I think if Shaq Leonard comes back to his former dominant self then winning the division is certainly a good possibility. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, stitches said:

At this time I will give it 7 wins... but I reserve the right to change my mind depending on how training camp goes and what Richardson looks like. 

It's just early predictions of course. I fully expect to see some movement depending on what we hear from training camp and what we see during the preseason games.

I hope the schedule is as easy as some think. But, the Texans and Titans also got young promising QBs and both teams improved their Olines. I think we're losing both games to the Jags. The Steelers are the Steelers. We're not beating the Patriots with a rookie QB. The Bengals and Ravens are contenders...

My view on this may change, but right now I don't see a reason to expect a winning season.

• Like 1

We don’t have a pass rush, thin on proven corners and safeties, our All-Pro OL and LB are coming back from injuries, no established bonnafide #1 WR and a rookie QB. 5-6 wins will be a good year. Anything more is exceeding expectations…anything less means we have some roster decisions to make.  Going to be a fun year I look forward to watching. 

• Like 3

Home

Houston Texans W

Jacksonville Jaguars

Tennessee Titans W

Cleveland Browns

Pittsburgh Steelers

New Orleans Saints

Tampa Bay Buccaneers W

Las Vegas Raiders W

Los Angeles Rams

Away

Atlanta Falcons W

Baltimore Ravens

Carolina Panthers W

Houston Texans

Jacksonville Jaguars W

Tennessee Titans

Cincinnati Bengals

New England Patriots

As of early May…..

Id say 6 or 7.    I think it’s possible to have more, but I think it’s much less likely.

It'll be interesting what we all think after the pre-season in the 2 week window before the regular season starts.   About 4 months from now. 

• Like 1

Home

Houston Texans W

Jacksonville JaguarsW

Tennessee Titans W

Cleveland Browns

Pittsburgh Steelers

New Orleans Saints

Tampa Bay Buccaneers W

Las Vegas Raiders W

Los Angeles RamsW

Away

Atlanta Falcons W

Baltimore Ravens

Carolina Panthers W

Houston TexansW

Jacksonville Jaguars 

Tennessee Titans

Cincinnati Bengals

New England PatriotsW

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I voted 9-8 and think Houston will match it. 

I don't know if tie breakers will give colts the division or if 9-8 will be good enough for a wild card.

Going to awfully tough to win a lot of games with a totally new coaching staff and a rookie qb. Richardson won 7 games once in high school and 6 with the Gators last year. Is the SEC tougher than the NFL? Just kidding around!

3 hours ago, Blueblood23 said:

Going to awfully tough to win a lot of games with a totally new coaching staff and a rookie qb. Richardson won 7 games once in high school and 6 with the Gators last year. Is the SEC tougher than the NFL? Just kidding around!

That's one way to look at it but I think he has alot more talent to work with than he did in HS and as a Gator. 

6 hours ago, King Colt said:

The real issue this year is who will win the AFC South!?

Jags are the favorite but they lost chark. Titans not sure what to think of them. Texans should be better if stroud starts. Honestly we are the biggest wild card

• Like 1

10 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

That's one way to look at it but I think he has alot more talent to work with than he did in HS and as a Gator. 

He does have more talent to work with and more talent to play against. Coaching staff has to mesh and will be a learning curve for them. The staff needs some continuity as does an offensive line. I’m afraid it will be a long year. 

The 6-7 wins will most likely be where we end, because there will be growing pains for the young secondary. Not to mention, I expect AR's comfort level to get better as the year goes on, so get used to some early setbacks.

16 hours ago, Blueblood23 said:

The SEC may be tougher than the AFC South and the NFL schedule plays more games LoL.

But I think the coaching should be better than last year and key players more healthy. But probably most of all  I think its the colts turn  to have a decent year.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, King Colt said:

The real issue this year is who will win the AFC South!?

I think the TITANS are on the downside and the Jags could very well return to being the Jags again. They weren't that impressive last season and wound up in first place by default... and how often do the jags put up back to back winning seasons?

That leaves the Texans OR Colts.

14 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

How many games were we predicted to win in 2012?

I'm NOT trying to compare AR to AL.  I'm really just trying to remember what the braniacs thought back then.

I don’t remember the win totals, I joined after the 12 draft.   But I do remember the Colts were ranked 32nd in the first post-draft power ranking.   Yes, dead last. 

Pagano had T-shirts made for every player. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BigO said:

4-13. Rookie QB, rookie head coach with a lot of inexperienced coaches. No changes in the OL, no no. 1 WR, very inexperienced secondary. We will be picking high again next year

Not sure about the O-line yet.  RG is open for competition, Rainman showed improvement at the end of the season, new O Line coach, added depth.  Also hoping for Q, Kelly, and Smith to return to form.

So, while there's no certainty that it will be better, it's definitely not the same as last season.  Heck, it improved just by losing Pryor.   (Add in a mobile QB, which also helps).

• Like 1

On 5/12/2023 at 12:55 PM, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I think the TITANS are on the downside and the Jags could very well return to being the Jags again. They weren't that impressive last season and wound up in first place by default... and how often do the jags put up back to back winning seasons?

That leaves the Texans OR Colts.

The Colts have to be the biggest question not only in the AFC South depending on how they use which QB and when and successful or not. I'm a little surprised to see most pickers have the Texans in the basement. Texans fans are used to that spot.

• Like 1