Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Early Colts record predictions? **MERGE**


Solid84

Recommended Posts

I have 6-11. Wins over Tennessee at home, sweep the Texans, beat Falcons, Pats, and Raiders. The rest are respectable losses, with the only blowout loss coming against this year’s Super Bowl champion Cincinnati Bengals. A respectable year with solid defense, a return to form for JT, and promising upside and some flash from AR.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, chickenMan said:

I have 6-11. Wins over Tennessee at home, sweep the Texans, beat Falcons, Pats, and Raiders. The rest are respectable losses, with the only blowout loss coming against this year’s Super Bowl champion Cincinnati Bengals. A respectable year with solid defense, a return to form for JT, and promising upside and some flash from AR.

You're not only @chickenMan , but also @FromtheFutureMan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

9-7-1 OR 9-8

I have 8-8-1 chuckling homer simpson GIF- 2nd in division play only behind Jacks. I think Tennessee and Houston both are 7 win teams (early projection). Jacks probably 10-7. My uncle who is a huge Tennessee fan told me Derrick Henry needs to get out of there before he starts going downhill/totally used up. He says they will never win anything with the QB's they have. To him, winning something is winning the AFC or SB. They did make the AFC Title Game with Tannehill (2019) but we all knew he wasn't beating Mahomes, that was that teams ceiling. Henry carried that team during those playoffs. To me Tannehill is average, not bad but will never get you to a SB. Levis is going to be really interesting to see how that plays out. My uncle wanted Hendon Hooker, he thinks Levis is going to be a bust. I tend to agree. Derrick Henry is going to be in the Hall of Fame after he retires but career wasted because that team has no grasp on getting the right QB. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/3/2023 at 11:42 PM, rockywoj said:

Adam Rank at NFL.com predicts 3-14 for the Colts.  I think they will do better than that. 

If they finish 3-14 against that schedule, then time to pull up the tent and fire everyone from Irsay to the equipment manager because something is seriously wrong with the DNA make up of this team

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

If they finish 3-14 against that schedule, then time to pull up the tent and fire everyone from Irsay to the equipment manager because something is seriously wrong with the DNA make up of this team

There is no way in hell we go 3-14. I don't think some of these guys take into account Taylor and Leonard missed the whole season. Taylor close enough - in the games he played he was injured. You have to realize outside of Indiana most of the media doesn't follow our team. They just see 4-12-1 and a rookie QB so they say 3-14 without 0 of knowledge of our team or circumstances that took place in 2022. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I will bet Adam Rank anything he wants that we win more than 3 games. I would bet he would not bet me. chuckling homer simpson GIF

 

2006….  You’ve made a number of good points in this thread.    
 

And to add to them,  I honestly think Rank made his prediction with a bit of trying to do Indy a favor.   Another bad year giving the Colts another very high pick and all the good the Colts can do with that.   I think you’re right that I don’t think Rank would buy what he himself was selling.  I think he knows the Colts should be better than that, perhaps much better. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

2006….  You’ve made a number of good points in this thread.    
 

And to add to them,  I honestly think Rank made his prediction with a bit of trying to do Indy a favor.   Another bad year giving the Colts another very high pick and all the good the Colts can do with that.   I think you’re right that I don’t think Rank would buy what he himself was selling.  I think JM he knows the Colts should be better than that, perhaps much better. 

I hate losing but I would love to be able to draft Marvin Harrison Jr. By the way I noticed you were gone for a while, glad you are back. If you hadn't posted for another week, I would have been asking about you :thmup:. It is slow in here anyway and good to get away for a week or 2. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/12/2023 at 12:22 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have 8-8-1 chuckling homer simpson GIF- 2nd in division play only behind Jacks. I think Tennessee and Houston both are 7 win teams (early projection). Jacks probably 10-7. My uncle who is a huge Tennessee fan told me Derrick Henry needs to get out of there before he starts going downhill/totally used up. He says they will never win anything with the QB's they have. To him, winning something is winning the AFC or SB. They did make the AFC Title Game with Tannehill (2019) but we all knew he wasn't beating Mahomes, that was that teams ceiling. Henry carried that team during those playoffs. To me Tannehill is average, not bad but will never get you to a SB. Levis is going to be really interesting to see how that plays out. My uncle wanted Hendon Hooker, he thinks Levis is going to be a bust. I tend to agree. Derrick Henry is going to be in the Hall of Fame after he retires but career wasted because that team has no grasp on getting the right QB. 

 

I agree with you except for maybe the jags. They ended up in first in the south last year by default. The titans & colts imploded and won a total of maybe like one game or so in the second half of season.....someone had to end up in first place. They barely squeaked by titans with a third string QB they got off the streets. Knowing the jags organization I'm thinking last year they reached their pinnacle for awhile and may degress  to what their past history is. 

 

I think 2023 will be the texans/colts turn to have decent seasons in a weak and winnable division.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/14/2023 at 3:43 PM, coltsfanatic24 said:

I think we go 11-5 this season if the top players stay healthy. 

I love your enthusiasm!

 

I am a bit less optimistic with a rookie QB

 

I like your numbers, but would reverse them

 

5 wins  12 losses  - I think the number you are looking for is 17 games

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 6 months later...
On 5/8/2023 at 10:18 AM, KB said:

I put 8 wins. That's really not that tough of a schedule imo. Bengals will be the hardest team to beat from a talent standpoint. NE and Pittsburgh are teams we always struggle with. Jags are the team to beat in the division. We could mess around and slip into a decent season. Could fall flat on our faces.

This is fun to look at but I hope I'm wrong by two games lol. Yay we beat NE and Pitt. Boo we got swept by the Jags. I'd say we slipped into the decent season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A lot of these predictions are based on Leonard and Taylor being the players they were before the injuries. If people knew they would be zeroes this year nobody would have thought the colts would have done as good as they have this year. Maybe the gm has done a lot better job building a team than a lot here think! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/12/2023 at 5:35 PM, Moosejawcolt said:

If they finish 3-14 against that schedule, then time to pull up the tent and fire everyone from Irsay to the equipment manager because something is seriously wrong with the DNA make up of this team

This is Classic from the Wanna B GM from Canuckville!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/16/2023 at 1:18 PM, MikeCurtis said:

I love your enthusiasm!

 

I am a bit less optimistic with a rookie QB

 

I like your numbers, but would reverse them

 

5 wins  12 losses  - I think the number you are looking for is 17 games

What a glass half empty weenie….who would predict such a pathetic win total????

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • you’re correct, and I honestly don’t know why that’s the case lol.   i even remember the chiefs game and was thinking to myself how he may be our guy at FS.  He even had 4 picks in ‘22.   im definitely not going to go back and watch any film on him so I’ll write it off as me having blue colored shades on due to a 7th round rookie having some bright moments lol
    • FWIW:   The consensus around here is that Thomas had a nice rookie year for a 7th round pick out of the Ivy League.   But then he suffered through a very disappointing second season.      But for that crowd, here is a head scratcher from PFF.   Thomas’s grades are almost identical.  His second season might even be fractionally higher.  
    • I’m sorry, I agree with @Hoose on this one.  FS is a glaring weak spot for us right now.  Thomas regressed a lot last year.  Cross, he’s ok but I’m not sure if he’s the answer and I too would feel a lot better with Simmons back there.   I really don’t understand how our corners catch flak on here and the FSs get away clean lol.  Brents would grade out either ok or good when he played and Jones was getting recognition asking rookie corner.  Thomas was bad and cross would look solid and then would show us he’s not ready to be that safety blanket.  I will say, I do have some faith cross can be.  But Thomas, idk.  He was good first year, horrible last year.  
    • YOU are probably wrong regarding all of this.
    • Thomas was one of the few bright spots in 2022. I’m not sure why he regressed so much last year in both coverage and tackling.    Cross played good last year.  I’m not so sure he’s a FS though.  I always thought of him as more of a SS.  Having two safeties that can play both free and strong will help them disguise coverages though. Cross “Mossing” Pickens last year was impressive.  They traded up for him so they may feel now is the time for him or it never will be as a Colt.     I would feel better with Simmons or Diggs though.  I would also prefer a vet corner that pushes Baker off the 53. 
  • Members

    • KB

      KB 1,156

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • CR91

      CR91 12,963

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...