I’d rather , sign another vet and draft someone in the second round. RYS was very raw and often penalized a lot because he played very aggressive. Although he was injured for most of his tenure with Oakland when he did play it wasn’t that well.
Since Richardson is looking like the most likely pick imo, I watched more tape on him. Here's what I see.
- Super strong in the pocket
- Very athletic
- Hard to bring down rather it's in the pocket or running
- Strong arm and very physical runner
- Very inaccurate
- Floats too many passes
- Locks on his first read too much
- Feet aren't set when he throws which leds to a lot of overthrows
- Release point looks very awkward and unnatural
- Ball does not look effortless coming out of his hands.
AR is probably the best athletic prospect in the draft, but in terms of QB he's raw. Imo, he needed another year of college to work on his accuracy. Can he play right away? Depends how we're using him. If we use him similar to how Hurts was used then yes, but there needs to be a lot of patience.
Ceiling - Cam Newton
Floor - Tim Tebow
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.