Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Browns Game Day Thread, October 11, 2020, 4:25pm

NFLfan

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Margin of error was too thin and all their offense  had to do was make one play at the end. Feels like a wasted effort from our defense in the second half. Our offense just choked our chances.

If our defense showed up in the first half we wouldnt be in this mess....

Just now, bluebombers87 said:

Something to remember guys. Rivers played poorly. Defense in the first half played poorly. Rivers cost us 9 points but the defense cost us 20.

giving up 20 to a team averaging 35 a game is not bad .  the defense is not able to carry the team every single game . the offense has to score more then 16 points that is a fact .

2 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

If our defense showed up in the first half we wouldnt be in this mess....

you cant expect the defense to hold the team to 14 every single game .  the offense has to be able to score more then 16 points . this is the modern nfl the offenses have a huge advantage .  this game is on rivers he is really bad .   he gave up 9 points while scoring 16 points on offense  .  the offense only had a plus minus of 7 points  that is horrible .

Well we lost 23-29, if it wasn't for a pick 6 and a safety it would be 23-20 but you really can't think like that.

This is my biggest take aways from the game

-the offense still doesn't have any explosive plays 

-Offense had 1 touchdown and 3 Field goals we need to do better

-2nd half Defense kept us in the game with 2 picks and looked better (could be contributed to better play or more conservative play call)

-While there was a lot of hate on the defense, The offense lost us this game 

Personally I don't see this offense getting better with Rivers at the helm

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Has anyone who has been paying attention to Latu or to Gus Bradley learned if Latu will play the LEFT defensive end or the LEO, the RIGHT defensive end?      Has that been confirmed by anyone?!?      Asking for a few thousand friends here…..   Thanks in advance….  
    • Chad Kelly’s only real impact for the Colts was the pre-season, something Sam has been better at since he’s been here.  Even then we saw how over whelmed Sam looked playing in a real game.  The logically conclusion is Kelly would have too.  Don’t fall for the pre-season trap.  The jump from back up to third string pre-season QB to NFL starter in a regular season game is the size of the Grand Canyon.  Let’s not forget Curtis Painter once looked good enough in the pre-season that some fans actually thought he could be developed into Peyton’s replacement and we all saw how that played out.     Rather anyone likes Kelly or not is irrelevant to the fact he’s had a tone of tape out there for NFL teams to see.  We know NFL teams will give just about anyone they think can be a franchise QB a chance to at least look at him.  The fact no NFL teams have come calling for even a tryout since the Colts released him tells you what teams think of him.     Fans can like him all they want that and $20 will get you a “value meal” at McDonalds.  He’s not some superstar who never got his chance, he’s a pre-season darling who isn’t good enough for regular season football.  Those are a dime a dozen in the NFL.  It’s not that people don’t like or aren’t a fan, in fact I’d argue he’d be a major underdog that most people would cheer for, it’s they have seen this before and recognize it for what it is.  
    • He runs faster than I can watch!!!!!!!
    • Yeah, we both have a chance now. I'd love our teams to face in the NBA finals. Would be a lot of fun. Hopefully we keep winning.
    • I don't think we will have 3 QB's on the active roster. The 3rd QB will be on the PS and not impossible that both Sean and Slovis are both kept as you suggest . I just doubt either will be on the 53 man roster . Especially considering that it would be unlikely that the Colts would lose their choice for QB 3 to the waiver process.
  • Members

• Knuckles79

Knuckles79 244

• Solid84

Solid84 6,857

• NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan 21,336

• Hammer

Hammer 327

• Gyworks

Gyworks 13

• Dickerson29