Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Browns Game Day Thread, October 11, 2020, 4:25pm

NFLfan

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Does the Brissett convo start?

Maybe. Honesty I can't stand watching Brissett play the way he stops looking downfield as soon as a little rush comes his way. As a fan I want Eason but I know for sure that is not the smart move and Rivers will most likely start every game as long as he isn't throwing 3 picks every game

Our offense is stale and boring. It doesn’t seem that much better then last year. This is why Eberflus takes a bad rap. He adjusted in the second half but looked like he didn’t know what he was doing the first half. Reichs play calling is just terrible. Where was MO. Why not take advantage more of Dulin speEd. Not even going to get into Rivers because the offense has no imagination. Do we even try to use the middle of the field.

Just now, bluebombers87 said:

And they scored 20 in 2 quarters, which forced us to change the offensive plan.

Soft and bad D in the first definitely changed the tone of the game. And seemed we waited till it was too late to start blitzing. 

Their O game plan (aggressive early, conservative late) should have been our O game plan to.

Oh well, that was very disappointing. 

Still think we had chances to win the game, but poor decision making on and off the field cost us. 

Anyway, off to bed as it is after 12.30am. 

Looking forward to seeing what the reaction is when i get up tomorrow. 

Still not writing off the season, but offence needs to improve. 

2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

rivers cost us two games. with two pick sixes and 4 picks in those two games and a bad safety .

I don't remember the other pick six - he had 2 interceptions at Jacksonville, but neither of the went to the house.

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Soft and bad D in the first definitely changed the tone of the game. And seemed we waited till it was too late to start blitzing. 

Their O game plan (aggressive early, conservative late) should have been our O game plan to.

not impressed with our coaches and scheme... on both sides of the ball... 

1 minute ago, Rolltide_gocolts said:

So last yr we had an over the hill kicker cost us about 6 games and this yr our over the hill Qb cost us our only 2 losses.... see a pattern? 

It’s time to stop trying to plug the hole with old guys. It’s time to give Eason a shot. Can’t keep plugging the damn like this and expecting great outcomes.

9 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

They scored 23.

holding a team to 23 is good in todays nfl .   the rules favor the offense , the browns average 35 points a game .  the browns score 23 today and if we had a offense that could move the ball and score more the browns would have had the ball at least 2 or 3 times less then they did and scored less .    all the problems are on rivers with a top ten QB this roster is going deep into the playoffs .

1 minute ago, Rolltide_gocolts said:

So last yr we had an over the hill kicker cost us about 6 games and this yr our over the hill Qb cost us our only 2 losses.... see a pattern? 

Can we just pretend that the D is banged up and TY blows ??? I’m not ready to punt on the season as depressed as I was 5 min ago 

Final thoughts: we adjusted exteremly well on defense. We realized we couldn't get home with 4 so we blitzed and pressed and it knida worked. Our offense can not play from behind as it brings out the real phillip rivers. We need him to be a game manager, alex smith, not pat mahomes. Good but not great defense like the stats say and a very limited offense compounded with injuries all over the place. We'll be 8-8 or 9-7 when all is said and done unless Phillip Rivers stops being Phillip Rivers.

2 minutes ago, Riversrun said:

Ok maybe Rivers just needs better weapons and a healthy D !!! I’m over it Browns are a scary team now honestly 

Or maybe Reich needs to use the talent he has. Look st how fast Dulin was on that catch. Where was cox. It is a huge coaching error and makes practice not to use the talent you have.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know AC didn't play but the hell is wrong with our O.Line. We looked the 95 Huskers last year and now we can't even run??

Taylor was 4.8, so no that bad. IMO, it's more play calling and personnel. Seeing Hines run it up the gut again was frustrating though lol. The one edge run he had was decent. IMO, the OL did better run blocking that pass blocking. Rivers was pressured all game.

6 minutes ago, TrueBlue12 said:

Mistakes, mistakes, mistakes. Rivers especially.

I would have benched him and brought in JB... at least he can escape and hopefully he has learned from Rivers to get rod of the ball quicker... He has more connection with the receivers ... he had a last year... i

t certainly wouldn't hurt

Just now, bestQBever said:

Final thoughts: we adjusted exteremly well on defense. We realized we couldn't get home with 4 so we blitzed and pressed and it knida worked. Our offense can not play from behind as it brings out the real phillip rivers. We need him to be a game manager, alex smith, not pat mahomes. Good but not great defense like the stats say and a very limited offense compounded with injuries all over the place. We'll be 8-8 or 9-7 when all is said and done unless Phillip Rivers stops being Phillip Rivers.

My question is why did it take Eberflus a entire half to adjust. This is why he gets a bad wrap. He comes in in prepared.

:agree:

so if your the gm knowing the team cant win with rivers , would you start eason?  we have nothing to lose . or at least let jacoby play .  jacoby is a game manager with mobility that does not throw picks . rivers is a game manager with zero mobility and throws picks

5 minutes ago, CS Coltsfan said:

there was no receiver in the area... He had 2 receivers wide oepn in the middle

Pretty sure one ran the wrong route. Rivers immediately signaled was supposed to a curl instead of a post, or vice versa. Was also talking to the WR right after the play.

3 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

holding a team to 23 is good in todays nfl .   the rules favor the offense , the browns average 35 points a game .  the browns score 23 today and if we had a offense that could move the ball and score more the browns would have had the ball at least 2 or 3 times less then they did and scored less .    all the problems are on rivers with a top ten QB this roster is going deep into the playoffs .

Yea but when 20 of those points come in one half, you change the tempo of the game. In a vacuum yes 23 points is good. But games aren’t played in vacuums.

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

so if your the gm knowing the team cant win with rivers , would you start eason?  we have nothing to lose . or at least let jacoby play .  jacoby is a game manager with mobility that does not throw picks . rivers is a game manager with zero mobility and throws picks

I wouldn't say that the team can't win with Rivers, when they've only dropped 2 games out of 5.

2 minutes ago, bestQBever said:

Problem is, the adjustment was too late, or probably shouldn't have been an adjustment in the first place. Everyone knows the Browns have a top 5 OL and getting pressure with 4 wasn't likely going to happen. And in the 2nd, Browns started going run heavy and conservative.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Pretty sure one ran the wrong route. Rivers immediately signaled was supposed to a curl instead of a post, or vice versa. Was also talking to the WR right after the play.

the problem with that play was hines was wide open for a 5 yard gain .  hines was running to the same side rivers threw it to . rivers panicked the pocket was folding in but a check down is a faster throw .  his vision was bad .

Just now, Lancer1 said:

I wouldn't say that the team can't win with Rivers, when they've only dropped 2 games out of 5.

do you honestly think the team can beat a playoff team with rivers?  i think the only teams we match up well with are teams with good defenses and bad QB play like the bears .  how can this team beat the chiefs or the packers with rivers .  last year could of been a fluke beating the chiefs .  to be a good team the team has to be able to win in different ways and the team can only win if the defense plays light out right now .

Archived