Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Breakout Year from a Non-rookie?

funktacious2

Who do you think will have the biggest breakout year from a non-rookie?

For now I'm going to say Ben Banogu. Rewatching some moments of last season has me really optimistic on the guy. 

As an additional note I wish I could say Okereke, but he'll probably still have a backup role, but wow, the kid really flashes some high end potential.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Rock was playing really good at the end of last season.

I'm thinking Campbell has the best shot at really "breaking out."

If he cleans up the fumbles he seemed to have problems with last year, he could see a LOT of passes. And he has the ability to score a lot.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Campbell will be the 3 and be the slot guy. Plus all the other ways we can use him. The only receiver we have under 6 ft is TY I believe.

was thinking about Hines too, he had a lot of catches with Luck 

17 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I would like to see Parris Campbell used like San Fran is using Deebo Samuel. Campbell could be very effective in that role. 

On defense I'll go with Rock. The added pressure up front will make things easier on him. 

Yep I think that is what we will see. He was basically used just like that in the Steelers game. We can use him in so many ways.

Too many to name but here’s my top 3:

Rock - beefed up dline means the DBs job should be easier.  Rock was coming into his own after be thrusted into the role his rookie year.  With the improved dline and pass rush, he should be better

Campbell - same reason as rock.  Beefed up supporting cast.  Pittman and ty will be able to demand attention which should allow Doyle and Campbell to eat underneath.  If he’s healthy, he should produce big time for us.

Turay - played 4 games last year and had 1.5 sacks and 5 qb hits before his season ended. With the beefed up line and a fully year of rehab and conditioning, turay should be picking up where he left off last year

2 hours ago, smittywerb said:

Turay - played 4 games last year and had 1.5 sacks and 5 qb hits before his season ended. With the beefed up line and a fully year of rehab and conditioning, turay should be picking up where he left off last year

I'm starting to think he might eclipse 8 sacks. For me, that is more than serviceable as a starter as long as his run defense is avg

My predictions....

On D......

Hooker will improve his 2019 PFF (69.5) back to 2018 levels (79.1).

Rock's 76.1 coverage grade the last half of 2019 will be his norm in 2020. 

Autry, while likely playing more DE this year, will get back to his 2018 level of play.

Turay will return to form vs the pass. If he can emerge vs the run, could be special.

On O....

Hines will surpass his near record setting rookie stats from 2018. He'll also be a top 5 returner.

Campbell if healthy will catch at least 700 yards.

If TY's health continues to be an issue, Fountain will emerge.

MAC will emerge as our detached TE. 

5 hours ago, EastStreet said:

My predictions....

On D......

Hooker will improve his 2019 PFF (69.5) back to 2018 levels (79.1).

Rock's 76.1 coverage grade the last half of 2019 will be his norm in 2020. 

Autry, while likely playing more DE this year, will get back to his 2018 level of play.

Turay will return to form vs the pass. If he can emerge vs the run, could be special.

On O....

Hines will surpass his near record setting rookie stats from 2018. He'll also be a top 5 returner.

Campbell if healthy will catch at least 700 yards.

If TY's health continues to be an issue, Fountain will emerge.

MAC will emerge as our detached TE. 

Was his 63 catches for 425 yards near a record?

I'm going with Hines.  Rivers knows how to use backs like him.  As long as Reich has him on the field more, I can see 75 catches for 750 yards.  

2 hours ago, Myles said:

Not for overall NFL.  Barkley had 91 receptions to take over from Reggie Bush's 88 as rookies.

Edit:  I think he meant Colts rookie record for RBs:

https://packinsider.com/2018/12/27/nyheim-hines-is-only-5-receptions-away-from-colts-rookie-record/

but it looks like he did beat Edge by one on that.

7 hours ago, Myles said:

I'm going with Hines.  Rivers knows how to use backs like him.  As long as Reich has him on the field more, I can see 75 catches for 750 yards.  

I’m feeling Hines too. Not sure why, but it just feels like this could be a big year for him in the passing game with Rivers at the helm. 

11 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Breakout from prison?

his record isnt that bad tbh, he had got in trouble for some strange incidents but the charges were mostly dropped and nothing that bad actually happened 

Archived