Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This is Marlon Macks world

RockThatBlue

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, King Colt said:

A Mack Attack nearly 100 yards should warrant him playing all four quarters of every game especially when you look at the alternative RBs. I never saw what others see in Turbin. 

Near-guaranteed short yardage conversions

3 minutes ago, King Colt said:

A Mack Attack nearly 100 yards should warrant him playing all four quarters of every game especially when you look at the alternative RBs. I never saw what others see in Turbin. 

Turbin laid out a good block for Brissett's touchdown.

Mack has wheels and a little juke, but not much in power. He is THE quintesintial change of pace back.  The reason he gets these long outside runs is because Gore/Turbin pound away at the middle, wearing the front 7 down.  They are doing exactly what is needed for success when it comes to the RB personel.  

Just now, RockThatBlue said:

I can't wait to watch him play alongside Luck. Will be Lucks best running threat of his career, IMO.

You can clearly see what speed does to an O. Gore is solid, but the O just clicks with a guy who actually has some speed.

1 minute ago, Lawrence Owen said:

Mack has wheels and a little juke, but not much in power. He is THE quintesintial change of pace back.  The reason he gets these long outside runs is because Gore/Turbin pound away at the middle, wearing the front 7 down.  They are doing exactly what is needed for success when it comes to the RB personel.  

When you use each back to their strength you get good results

1 minute ago, Stephen said:

When you use each back to their strength you get good results

Exactly my point.  150+ total ground yards today say's it all.  Without Gore's inside pounding (which is what he does best), Mack doesn't have 91 yards running to the edge.  I honestly think they should have more split backfields with both Gore and Mack in the backfield together.  Make a defense commit to one or the other.

25 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

Is a serious weapon on this offense, especially as defenses get tired. Kid's got wheels. I honestly think any game now he going to hit a home run like all those times in USF, only if Chud/Pagano use him more.

You said the key word there Chud/Pagano and we all know that Mack wont get the touches he needs.

9 minutes ago, Lawrence Owen said:

Exactly my point.  150+ total ground yards today say's it all.  Without Gore's inside pounding (which is what he does best), Mack doesn't have 91 yards running to the edge.  I honestly think they should have more split backfields with both Gore and Mack in the backfield together.  Make a defense commit to one or the other.

The coaching staff likes to bring injured guys back slowly

29 minutes ago, Lawrence Owen said:

Said the same thing to my buddy during the game.   

47 minutes ago, MTC said:

For those saying he should get more carries over Gore, Mack has only shown ability on outside runs. 

He took an inside run and bounced it outside on his first TD run, unlike Gore who would've battled for 2 or 3 yards up the middle. See below.

8 minutes ago, Everyone said:

I agree that Mack is not the inside runner that Gore is, but his production is too good to not warrant more touches.

He got the perfect amount of touches today. I thought it was mostly a good mix of all three backs. I could see giving Mack more and more reps as time goes on, but he's been out of the lineup and he is known to fumble from time to time. Keep mixing him in for now, but there will be a game at some point where he gets 20+ touches.