Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

QB Controversy

hawkeyes

Haven't actually compared the stats of the two, but come on - QB controversy or what?

What if Luck comes back and starts getting hammered again?  Who will continue to blame an OL that has kept MH basically clean the last two games?

WTG Hasselbeck!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't actually compared the stats of the two, but come on - QB controversy or what?

What if Luck comes back and starts getting hammered again?  Who will continue to blame an OL that has kept MH basically clean the last two games?

WTG Hasselbeck!

I'm going with what.

What if Luck comes back and starts getting hammered again? Who will continue to blame an OL that has kept MH basically clean the last two games?

WTG Hasselbeck!

In the famous words of General McCullough, "Nuts"

Luck will be the starter against the Pats. I just hope he learn from Hasslebeck these past two weeks and took notes on spreading the ball around. Literally Hasslebeck threw the ball to Hilton, Johnson, Moncrief, Fleener, Allen, Dorsett, Tipton, Doyle, Gore(maybe). Everyone was involve on the offense tonight.  

We saw Luck can run the same style offense which he did with a bum shoulder in the fourth quarter of the Titans game.  He's the man for sure, the OL looks much improved with shorter plays, feed Gore, ect.  That being said, what Matt has done is incredible for a 40 year old QB.

No controversy.  But Matt has played better than Luck this season.  Hasselbeck played two full games without throwing a friggin pick.  Luck hasn't come anywhere close to that achievement.  lol  Also Hasselbeck's completion percentage has been much better.  Matt plays within himself.  Luck forces stuff.  Last two weeks have been refreshing.  Funny how solid our offensive line looks with Hasselbeck but we say it's trash when Luck's been behind center.  Still want Luck to get healthy and play closer to the QB we all know him to be.  Let's go Andrew.

No controversy.  But Matt has played better than Luck this season.  Hasselbeck played two full games without throwing a friggin pick.  Luck hasn't come anywhere close to that achievement.  lol  Also Hasselbeck's completion percentage has been much better.  Matt plays within himself.  Luck forces stuff.  Last two weeks have been refreshing.  Funny how solid our offensive line looks with Hasselbeck but we say it's trash when Luck's been behind center.  Still want Luck to get healthy and play closer to the QB we all know him to be.  Let's go Andrew.

You mean when the colts play with the right offensive line and the correct play calling? Ya know, like last year in the playoffs against the bengals and Broncos.....

You mean when the colts play with the right offensive line and the correct play calling? Ya know, like last year in the playoffs against the bengals and Broncos.....

Last year is over. All we have to go by is what's going on this year.  Luck's been stinking it up.  And I'm sure he'd agree.  I'm sure Luck has input into the playcalling as well.  He likes the deep shots as they play to his strong suit.  Accuracy isn't his calling card.  But I fully expect him to turn it around...soon if healthy.  I think sitting down for a couple of games and watching  Matt handle this offense will actually help him.  The overall team has more confidence now since they have experienced some success playing without their best player.  I'm sure they were sick of hearing how much the OLine sucked this year or that the Colts team was so bad aside from Luck.  I think this will galvanize the whole team and Luck will respond in kind. 

Yah Im totally serious too eh?   GEEESH some of you guys need to lighten up a bit!

Fact is Hasselbeck has played a whole lot better than Luck with the same team around him.... What I was really getting at is I hope Luck has learned a great deal from watching from the sidelines the last two games.  If he is truly a football genius he should have .... we shall see.  If he comes out and continues to throw horrible picks and get hit/sacked half a dozen times we will know for certain that he is not as smart about learning from his mistakes as some would like to think he is!

Fact is Hasselbeck has played a whole lot better than Luck with the same team around him....

Everyone is saying pep this and pep that...

No one wants to admit what REALLY happened is Hasslebeck showed that in comparison Luck has little skills at making play calls and adjustments at the line at all.

Nearly every big play were from Hasslebeck reading the D and making audible changes at the line, not something Pep did.

Everyone is saying pep this and pep that...

No one wants to admit what REALLY happened is Hasslebeck showed that in comparison Luck has little skills at making play calls and adjustments at the line at all.

Nearly every big play were from Hasslebeck reading the D and making audible changes at the line, not something Pep did.

THIS. I was very impressed with Hasselbeck at the line, his checks, his anticipation on his throws, his accuracy. It goes to show you that as much as we all like to blame and credit coaching, it really does come down to the players on the field.

Matt has looked better but it was against two of the worst teams in the league. Luck played against two top 5 defenses. 

Use Tenn as the comparison game then.  Andrew still made some bad decisions against a bad team.  I think the point is that Andrew has much to learn still.  He can't be a gunslinger all the time.  When the Colts don't turn the ball over, we're still pretty good.  Take the 5-6 yard short throws and move the chains.  Then stretch the field.

Luck had 152 passer rating in 4th quarter of Titans game while hiss passer rate we 29 in first three quarters. I'm not worried, offense completely changed playcalling, expect more short gains, shovels and screens from Luck. 

On the other hand, I wanna see him playing only if he's completely recovered and ready. Besides I don't think coaches are rushing him back.

Hasselbeck played great and deserves ALOT of credit, however the difference in the performance of the team has alot to do with 0 turnovers, limiting penalties (specifically from the OL) and actually having a mobile QB.  I didn't think MH could move that well!  Whether by design or not Luck would try to be Stonewall Jackson in the pocket, only running when he absolutely had to.  Pep did a great job with the gameplan on doubling JJ and Jadeveon.  (both were pretty much irrelevant), then called play action rollouts to stay a step ahead.  When JJ went outside Gore went inside.  This should've been a similar gameplan as we've played top notch defenses all year! 

Luck will be the starter against the Pats. I just hope he learn from Hasslebeck these past two weeks and took notes on spreading the ball around. Literally Hasslebeck threw the ball to Hilton, Johnson, Moncrief, Fleener, Allen, Dorsett, Tipton, Doyle, Gore(maybe). Everyone was involve on the offense tonight.  

Ya, Luck has never spread the ball around his entire career :facepalm: