Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Does Pat Mcafee actually think he is funny?

Pacergeek

His comedy awkwardness is his appeal. McAfee twists the average person's perspective of the boring weak punter, approaching these comedy shows with the mantra he's smarter and tougher than people give him credit for. The irony of listening to a punter glorify his accomplishments is funny, because there's a running joke in the NFL that punters are not NFL athletes, and that it's a "skilled position."

His comedy awkwardness reminds us he's a punter people can relate to, and that punters are people too, but when he speaks so awkwardly about it, you sense he's hiding his insecurities over his position, and it's funny seeing him wrestle with this.

4 hours ago, Pacergeek said:

Found this clip of Pat attempting to do stand-up comedy. Painfully unfunny to watch. Lots of sympathy laughter in the crowd. I think Pat needs to stick to football, because he is honestly terrible at being a comedian. 

He is very funny actually.    To those with a sense of humor 

Found this clip of Pat attempting to do stand-up comedy. Painfully unfunny to watch. Lots of sympathy laughter in the crowd. I think Pat needs to stick to football, because he is honestly terrible at being a comedian. 

After the season that the Colts just had, is this really something that you're legitimately concerned about?

I think he is funny, but you might be a better comedian than him. I will let others be the judge of that....

Two things:

1.  He is funny, but that is a matter of taste.

2.  You do not know what the term "sympathetic laughter" means.

The guy is/was a regular on Bob & Tom, two highly regarded & syndicated radio "comedians" who DO comedy on a DAILY basis, and have worked with hundreds of comedians...

They love Pat, and comedians can be a tough crowd...

Pat may not be the funniest comedian out there, but hes 100 times funnier than Dane Cook, Carlos Mencia, or Kevin Hart...

Plus hes the best punter in the league...

Someones just a hater...

5 hours ago, Pacergeek said:

I think he is very funny and I support his efforts.   He does most of it for charity too.  

You seem like someone who likes to knock someone for things you do not understand.

6 hours ago, Pacergeek said:

I guess you need a sense of humor to understand it?

11 minutes ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

The better question is, "Does anyone actually believe Pacergeek is an actual Colts' fan?"....while Pat may not be the next Eddie Murphy he isn't that bad. I also can't recall seeing a positive post from "Pacergeek"........hmmmmmmmmmm?

It's possible that he/she is a Cots fan, but an extremely negative one.  Bordering on troll like.

11 hours ago, Pacergeek said:

There is a chuckle or two. I believe comedians, like most professions, takes a few years to hone your skills.
 His antics on the field are a little over the top, but that is how the world works these days.

9 minutes ago, Buck Showalter said:

Ha, he's joking about that whole ordeal actually... 

So not so sure it's off of his mind, but regardless, he's still a pretty funny guy & the OP is just hating...

I'm pretty sure he got in trouble for that when he first got to indy

1 hour ago, jet1968 said:

I'm pretty sure he got in trouble for that when he first got to indy

Right, have you watched the clip the OP posted? Pat explicitly explains the scenario, it's been a few years so I forgot the exact details, but according to Pats stand-up routine, I guess he was fined $40,000...