Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Does Pat Mcafee actually think he is funny?

Pacergeek

On 1/4/2016 at 1:51 AM, Pacergeek said:

Found this clip of Pat attempting to do stand-up comedy. Painfully unfunny to watch. Lots of sympathy laughter in the crowd. I think Pat needs to stick to football, because he is honestly terrible at being a comedian. 

Guess you won't be seeing him at any of the 4 shows he's playing around Indiana starting next month. I'd like to see him if I lived closer. My wife and I like him and he's pretty funny.

I thought that particular clip was pretty funny. Dudes getting a lot of mileage out of his canal thing. If that's his whole bit then he may be in trouble. 

Our last punter was/is in a band and an author. Nothing wrong with branching out. 

I do think he's funny on twitter but I've never watched him perform in person. If you listen to or read any interview that the great stand up comedians do, they all say that stand up is something you have to do constantly to be truly good at. Clearly, he doesn't have that much time on his hands so you have to cut the guy some slack. My guess is that he will get better on the performance end of it as he goes along but you have to admire someone like him for going for his dream.

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 8:28 PM, jaybird95 said:

Get him Colts fan forum, he has a differing opinion!

Ha, having a different opinion is fine, but creating a thread suggesting that a popular Colts player who moonlights as a comedian in many different outlets, (i.e. social media, a popular syndicated comedy radio show, and now stand-up), as not funny, on a Colts forum, is it any wonder that Colts fans are going to attack the premise of the thread???

On January 4, 2016 at 1:51 AM, Pacergeek said:

Found this clip of Pat attempting to do stand-up comedy. Painfully unfunny to watch. Lots of sympathy laughter in the crowd. I think Pat needs to stick to football, because he is honestly terrible at being a comedian. 

I will acknowledge that different people can find humor in different forms & what appeals to 1 person may not appeal to another PG & you are entitled to your POV naturally. However, being a skilled comedian is always more about the delivery of the joke than the actual punchline itself & Pat excels at creating the perfect storyline in his material. He places the audience right there like you're best friends with McAfee right in the epicenter of this comical hurricane. 

Also, telling jokes is like writing short stories as an author. Very few stories are blockbusters off the cutting room floor just keep honing your material until it has a good rhythm, tempo, & flow to it. Pat gets this & because of that he is almost always well received. Plus, as your clip illustrates, the quickest way to become beloved by the masses is to make fun of yourself because it humanizes you & it makes the audience feel like you're 1 of us a cool, normal guy not a special teams icon. The dude is just naturally at ease telling others about his successes, his shortcomings, & his mishaps. I love the guy personally. JMO.

On 1/4/2016 at 2:51 AM, Pacergeek said:

Actually I think the Boomstick is funny that was the first time I 'v heard his stuff I remember the canal coverage it was over the top & just made our punter beloved by all .

On 1/9/2016 at 11:28 PM, jaybird95 said:

Get him Colts fan forum, he has a differing opinion!

Get Him ?  HUH

Nothing wrong with a differing opinion if you have 1 to offer you sound as though you have an opinion your response indicates your disapproval yet your unable to articulate a reasonable opinion , So can I put you down as in agreement with the OP ?

6 hours ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

Get Him ?  HUH

Nothing wrong with a differing opinion if you have 1 to offer you sound as though you have an opinion your response indicates your disapproval yet your unable to articulate a reasonable opinion , So can I put you down as in agreement with the OP ?

I don't know how to read this, heckuva run on.