Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022: Eagles at Colts Postgame Thoughts

EastStreet

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Colts pulled a classic Colts - offensive line penalties every drive that matters, sack on all 3rd downs that matter, blow leads in 4th quarter, etc.

I told my wife if we weren’t up by 3.5 touchdowns we’d lose.  When it was 4th quarter and we were only up by 13 I was 95% certain we would lose.

So disappointed, they needed the touchdown sitting there in the 4th. 1st and goal. Just go for broke 3 points won't win it. Show some gusto amd get it in

1 minute ago, Catloaf said:

Colts pulled a classic Colts - offensive line penalties every drive that matters, sack on all 3rd downs that matter, blow leads in 4th quarter, etc.

I told my wife if we weren’t up by 3.5 touchdowns we’d lose.  When it was 4th quarter and we were only up by 13 I was 95% certain we would lose.

It's like a train on track

How do you completely evacuate the middle of the field? Doesn't even matter who the QB is. Matt Ryan would have ran through that hole.

Offense squandered every possible opportunity. Countless penalties destroying drives. Poor run blocking for a majority of the game.

- Defense has to be getting frustrated at this point, playing lights out all season and offense has scored more than 20 points only 2 times this season.

- Oline had one week of the "new coach boost" and they are back to being terrible. Rainmann especially got bullied also 3 penalties.

- Our kicking situation has been another Ballard fail since his tenure along with QB and LT. We have the recipe for disaster, no QB and a roster not good enough to make noise and not bad enough for a high pick. 

I know the Ballard supporters are going to say our roster is good and it is just missing a few pieces but im sick of the delayed gratification, I want a fresh start. 

Honestly props to the defense and Gus Bradley they are the only reason we are even getting close in these games.

BigQ 20mil is just nasty also Suh and Linval off the couch played a lot of minutes and made huge plays. Offense is pathetic man it’s really sad to see. S/O to the defense this game was winnable they don’t deserve this man.

And at the end 4th and 21 dump off? Might as well toss it up give someone a chance right?

Missed field goal. 
All the 75-79 penalties killing drives. 
Pass blocking sucked. 
Run game died in the 2nd half. 
Missed face mask. 
JT fumble. 

Some of you can blame Ryan all you want, but when he had time to throw, he did. 

Offense got stagnant and conservative when the pass blocking and run game died. 

Sucks. It is what it is though. 

3 minutes ago, Turftoe said:

Offense is the main reason for this loss but the defense collapsed when given the chance to save the game.

defense  held  , offense fault that a fact.   had ball at mid 3 times pass that dum  run and run . no pass all 3 downs . when go on 30 yard matt does same old then get sack and lose yards and that cause a miss fg .

3 minutes ago, DougDew said:
  • Different HC, same performance
  • Jeff needs to hold Raimann and Fries "accountable"....bench them...for Pryor...oh wait!
  • I guess its back to DKelly and Pinter.
  • Can we get an outside run call!

Yeah I  thought once Frank was gone , they would turn the corner. The Oline is a disaster. Its not the scheme, this Oline is lacking talent. The talent they do have has regessed big time.If they have a good Oline, man this team may have 2 losses. 

JT cost another game. Many to blame but MATT RYAN isn't one to blame. He played a good game. 

Penalties stooping the drives. Refs not calling facemasks. Franklin tackling a WR. Missed FG ( bound to happen kicking lots of 50 yarders).

I have never seen a whistle not blown for that long. 

Missed field goal.....lots of rookie penalties....refs missed a face mask that could of made a difference on that possession.

Uggggghhhhh!! Get those rookies to write on paper 1 million times....that shalt not commit penalties!! :(  Have to play better!  Missed tackles... etc.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Team the same with Reich or Saturday on offense. Doesn't matter. Only difference is this time we started fast and fizzled out. Always a one-half team. Not even worth watching.

One of those guys didn’t come up with the sign a soon to retire vet QB policy. 

This team is dead in the water until they make the leap and draft them next QB. Why is Foles on the team? He’s 

Just now, Indyfan4life said:

Missed field goal. 
All the 75-79 penalties killing drives. 
Pass blocking sucked. 
Run game died in the 2nd half. 
Missed face mask. 
JT fumble. 

Some of you can blame Ryan all you want, but when he had time to throw, he did. 

Offense got stagnant and conservative when the pass blocking and run game died. 

Sucks. It is what it is though. 

Bad teams find ways to lose these type games 

Archived