Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022: Eagles at Colts Postgame Thoughts

EastStreet

18 minutes ago, stitches said:

On a serious note - in this league without a great QB, you are going nowhere. Our defense has actually been performing on a relatively high level. And... so what? It matters naught if you cannot score and move the ball. We need a franchise QB. The sooner people realize this is PRIORITY No. 1, 2...5...10, the better. And we are better off losing games right now than winning. I'm sorry. Call me a tanker, call me a loser. I want this team to lose EVERY SINGLE GAME until the end of the season. We need a QB. We need the highest pick possible to get that QB. Nothing else matters right now. Until we have the QB nothing else matters. You can have the best defense in the league and it still won't matter at the highest level. 

Yup. QB or bust.

After that you need to figure if Rainman is the answer or not because LT may be priority number 2.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

Honestly though. I think Frank could have put up 16 points. This was a great effort by Gus and the defense.

Frank couldn't score a point vs Jax in game 1. 

If you want a good comp... Denver's defense is similar.. 

We had zero TDs, 6 sacks, and 2 INTs... all FGs.. scored only 12... 

Thank god Denver's O sucks.. 

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Honestly though. I think Frank could have put up 16 points. This was a great effort by Gus and the defense.

i dont get the praising saturday for this game we lost .   offensive line was horrible the only reason we were in the game was defense .  jeff is not messing with the defense so he had no effect on it .    i doubt he even knows the playbook in two weeks .  the talent is the issue with frank or jeff the team is probably a .500 team .    you cant expect coaches to win games with a horrible line and a aging average QB  with very young wrs

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If Ryan hadn’t taken that big sack that could have been a spot to go four it on 4th. But he took away that opportunity. The play calling in the red zone was horrific on that series too.

Ryan took it away? Ryan let two guys through the oline within a second of the snap? Okay. 

I like that we brought in Saturday as HC.

The problem is... We are still stuck with Frank Reich's offense.

Notice how Parks Frasier was given the title "Play Caller"

...but the team is without an "Offensive Coordinator"

Perhaps the plan is to ride out the season with this group of coaches, then retain Saturday, but bring in an entirely new Offensive Coordinator with new schemes and plays?

What I'm finding confusing is we just went toe to toe with the team that has the best record in the league and yet our team still has "numerous holes and weaknesses" huh? If our team is so bad how bad is Philadelphia? Keep things in perspective people. If one team sucks so bad they need to fire the gm the other team that won by one point really can't be much better! The missed facemark (as obvious as it was) changed the complexion of the game from that point on. Colts would of had a first and goal and the Eagles maybe would have had to use all their timeouts. And let's not forget we could have went up 20-10. That's the 2nd game this year that turned disastrously on a missed facemask(Tennessee). It's ok though, the refs have sucked for over 60 years.

Just now, coming on strong said:

i dont get the praising saturday for this game we lost .   offensive line was horrible the only reason we were in the game was defense .  jeff is not messing with the defense so he had no effect on it .    i doubt he even knows the playbook in two weeks .  the talent is the issue with frank or jeff the team is probably a .500 team .    you cant expect coaches to win games with a horrible line and a aging average QB  with very young wrs

I think it's Ballards fault

and its the first time i've straight up put the blame on Ballard

3 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

Ryan, it’s not the answer it’s another stop gap quarterback. I agree we need to go all in on a quarterback will be lucky to win two  more games the rest of the season so we need to trade up.

Need mobile QB with an arm just like our opponent today 

1 minute ago, Two_pound said:

What I'm finding confusing is we just went toe to toe with the team that has the best record in the league and yet our team still has "numerous holes and weaknesses" huh? If our team is so bad how bad is Philadelphia? Keep things in perspective people. If one team sucks so bad they need to fire the gm the other team that won by one point really can't be much better! The missed facemark (as obvious as it was) changed the complexion of the game from that point on. Colts would of had a first and goal and the Eagles maybe would have had to use all their timeouts. And let's not forget we could have went up 20-10. That's the 2nd game this year that turned disastrously on a missed facemask(Tennessee). It's ok though, the refs have sucked for over 60 years.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda. We were up 13-3 and ended up losing. That's why I'm annoyed. Play not to lose instead of play to win.

6 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah because having a young mobile Sam worked SOOO much better…

it’s not the QB.  It’s the line until that’s fixed the QB doesn’t matter because he’s not going to be able to do anything.  

Maybe you ought to read my post again. I believe I said, "starting with the O-line." With that cruddy O-line, a young mobile QB with a decent arm would have a chance.

20 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Anyway, it's time to tank. The Saturday underdog story is over. 

All the criticism from the hiring of Saturday really hurt the tanking for qb. It was the reason we won last week and help Irsays save face a bit and almost was the reason the colts almost won today..The Eagles did their part but how bad can you expect them to play, the colts offense was just too bad. haha

5 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

I think it's Ballards fault

and its the first time i've straight up put the blame on Ballard

ballrd built a good defense he just build a terrible offense .   he failed at the wr position every year and the lines talent has fallen apart now .   cant keep sticking band aids at QB and then try to band aid the left tackle spot with a 3rd round pick and a backup center .   should of traded up for fields at least make a move at some point you need a QB the perfect prospect is never gonna drop in your lap they all have flaws .

In fairness the facemask grab was on the way down so I'm not gonna harp on that personally. He was dead to rights even without the grab.

Rainmann doesn't look like the future to me and Fries needs to be a backup in a perfect world.

2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

Let's compare similar Ds that we played...

Denver's D is similar.

Vs Denver, no TDs, all FGs, scored all FGs, 6 sacks, 2 INTs, etc.. 

Vs Philly, a TD in the opening drive, only 2 sacks, and zero INTs. 

We only beat Denver because the Denver O is bad. 

But big difference in O for us vs Denver vs Philly.

OL still is not good, but wasn't horrible like previous games, and vs bad teams. 

3 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

ballrd built a good defense he just build a terrible offense .   he failed at the wr position every year and the lines talent has fallen apart now .   cant keep sticking band aids at QB and then try to band aid the left tackle spot with a 3rd round pick and a backup center .   should of trading up for fields at least make a move at some point you need a QB the perfect prospect is never gonna drop in your lap they all have flaws .

It’s like everything else bsllard does. He fixed one thing and severely weakens something else. It happens with him every year. I guarantee he will do something if he stays  to fix the oline and QB issue but he will probably weaken something else causing us to keep running in circles. It’s a given with him. He doesn’t know how to fix multiple things at once.

Just now, EastStreet said:

Let's compare similar Ds that we played...

Denver's D is similar.

Vs Denver, no TDs, all FGs, scored all FGs, 6 sacks, 2 INTs, etc.. 

Vs Philly, a TD in the opening drive, only 2 sacks, and zero INTs. 

We only beat Denver because the Denver O is bad. 

But big difference in O for us vs Denver vs Philly.

OL still is not good, but wasn't horrible like previous games, and vs bad teams. 

we definitely played better today than we did vs DEN

the defense capitulating at the end sealed it

2 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

All the criticism from the hiring of Saturday really hurt the tanking for qb. It was the reason we won last week and help Irsays save face a bit and almost was the reason the colts almost won today..The Eagles did their part but how bad can you expect them to play, the colts offense was just too bad. haha

Yep. Worst possible scenario was going 1-1 so far with Saturday. As I said, wanted to tank with him or make the playoffs. Now it's already looking like we'll go 4-4 with him based on how things are going. Worst thing a team can be is mediocre.

6 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

the missed face mask hurt

The missed face mask didn’t do anything for god sake we got down  the 3 yard line and started moving backwards. He already had his knee down for heaven sakes there’s no reason to actually thought a flag there it meant nothing. I’m tired of hearing certain people blame the loss on that so-called facemask. The office was simply crap in the second half that’s why we lost

Archived