Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022: Eagles at Colts Postgame Thoughts

EastStreet

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

You say Parks did fine and the proceed to lay out poor play calling decisions by him.  Parks did not call a good game today.  It’s the same three plays over and over and once the Eagles figured out and adjusted the Colts just kept calling them and kept going three and out.  He has to adjust to what the defense does and he never did.  Had that been Frank today people would have been screaming for his head and rightfully so.  Let’s hold Parks to the same standard and just admit when the play calling isn’t good enough.  

Parks was not good on first down today. 

With that being said, still better than Frank

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

clearly the line still is bad and QB is a massive weakness even with a perfect line matt is not putting up elite numbers .  matt is probably a 25 touchdown 10 pick QB with a eltie line and that is still not good enough .    this offense production makes me sick how bad this year has been .   in 2011  the colts were 15 points per game i havent check now after this game the colts are probably around the same average .  

2 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Not blaming them for this tough loss but the refs hardly let both teams play today and called a lot of ticky tack calls today. Overall not has mad about today's loss as past others. 

And then missed the obvious face mask on the sack.  Oh well Colts should have never been in that position to start with and they should focus on why they were in that position for that call go matter and try to fix that.

Just now, AustinnKaine said:

im glad we kept it close. but realistically, we should've won this game. which just makes me even more confused

REFS dictate this screwball league, I am sick of it. That facemask non-call was terrible. I could care less what happens from here on and out. It also looked like the league wanted Hurts to shine, I noticed 1 huge holding call they missed on his final game winning drive. Season is over now unfortunately.

1 minute ago, colts89 said:

Either that or Ballard needs to go all in on the QB and trade up. I kinda think with how hot his seat is, this year Ballard won't have the choice to just wait.

I'm not sure he gets to make the decision. What's happened these last few weeks basically tells me Ballard has been neutered by Irsay. Even if he stays, Irsay will be making the decision to go after a QB or not...

Games come down to 3 or 4 plays every week. We did alright today, worst play of the day was Hurts td. How do you not have some one in the middle of the field in that situation??????? Missed fg, penalties, fumble same as before. We need to take shots down the field with Pierce more, one a game isn't enough!

20 minutes ago, Catloaf said:

Colts pulled a classic Colts - offensive line penalties every drive that matters, sack on all 3rd downs that matter, blow leads in 4th quarter, etc.

I told my wife if we weren’t up by 3.5 touchdowns we’d lose.  When it was 4th quarter and we were only up by 13 I was 95% certain we would lose.

Remember when classic Colts was us making comebacks. This team is barely watchable. I'm just always waiting for the collapse 

Just now, Two_pound said:

Games come down to 3 or 4 plays every week. We did alright today, worst play of the day was Hurts td. How do you not have some one in the middle of the field in that situation??????? Missed fg, penalties, fumble same as before. We need to take shots down the field with Pierce more, one a game isn't enough!

The line has to hold up to take shots.  They weren’t doing that today.  Ryan was getting rushed on dump off passes.

9 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

General

• Yes, we needed Offense, but realize Philly is top 3 defense, and allows 18ish pts PPG.. 
  • We lost to a 8-1 team, who has the best record NFL... nobody picked us.
  • Coin flip game... the difference was the missed 50 yard FG .. not saying the missed FG caused us to lose, just saying it was that close. 

Good

• Ryan was 70+%, and made some big plays, with pressure in his face, vs the #2 pass D... and not INTs... 
  • Parris and Pittman
  • Yannick and Dayo played well. 

Mixed bag

• D was great at times, super... but also super bad at times. No spying Hurts near the goal line? Moore looked lazy on several routes. And in general run defense vs Hurts.. 16 runs, and 5+ ypc. 

Bad

• Timely penalties. At least 5 on Raimann and Fries. Drive killers. And Franklin's PI on the RB killed us. 
  • JT fumble, but at least we got the ball back. 

Paris drop could have given us a first and goal from the 4. Not good. 

8 minutes ago, DougDew said:

LOL, Marcia.

Top 3 by stats though, so its not like they really are. 

But Rosman > Ballard.  Went and got what they needed.  WAS showed how to beat that ("Top 3" by stats but not really) defense.

look at your dance...

"oh, their top 3, but but only stats, and not really are"

Typical poo poo from you. Steamy pile of poo poo lol.. 

Philly is #2 in INTs, and top 5 in sacks.... 

We just went toe to toe vs the team tied with the best record in the NFL...

Saturday >>>> Frank lol.. 

5 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

Parks was not good on first down today. 

With that being said, still better than Frank

Not concerned if he was better than Frank or not.  That’s irrelevant as far as I am concerned because Frank is gone.  I am concerned about if the guy doing the job now is doing a good enough job and today he wasn’t.  

Just now, EastStreet said:

look your dance...

"oh, their top 3, but but only stats, and not really are"

Typical poo poo from you. Steamy pile of poo poo lol.. 

Philly is #2 in INTs, and top 5 in sacks.... 

We just went toe to toe vs the team tied with the best record in the NFL...

Saturday >>>> Frank lol.. 

Honestly though. I think Frank could have put up 16 points. This was a great effort by Gus and the defense.

- Unfortunately, we are wasting one of the best seasons by a Colts defense in a long time.  Yes, I know they gave up 14 in the 4th, but if the offense does anything with the countless number of opportunities, possessions they were given, this one should have been over with 6 min left in the 4th quarter.  We can also say that about some of the other losses as well.  

- Offense looked to have the same issues that were there with Reich.  Today, unlike last week, they were playing a decent defense and it showed.  I am of the belief and continue to believe that scheme can only mask so much.  At the end of the day, its talent  dictates what a unit can and can't do and lets face it: there is talent missing at critical positions on offense. 

- Looking ahead, the team will probably win a few more games this year.  The problem is as I have maintained before, the worst possible outcome from this season is mediocrity and unfortunately, it looks like that that is where this team is headed. That is really going to hit home when April rolls around and we are a few draft slots away from grabbing a QB that the front office really covets/has graded high and have no realistic means to move up (similar to the 2020 Draft).  

Just now, Hammer said:

The whole offense sucks, starting with the O-line and a noodle arm, immoble QB. Peyton moved like Devin Hester compared to Ryan. I'm sick of looking at old, slow QB's!

Yeah because having a young mobile Sam worked SOOO much better…

it’s not the QB.  It’s the line until that’s fixed the QB doesn’t matter because he’s not going to be able to do anything.  

I'm pretty sure there can't be a more frustrating team to support to be honest, just good enough to hang with even the top dogs but just not good enough to close games out. And most weeks they find new ways to keep me believing for three quarters before finally kicking me in the balls and wishing me good night!! 

Archived