Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022: Eagles at Colts Postgame Thoughts

EastStreet

Just now, EastStreet said:

I was surprised with I looked it up. 

I knew PC would have more, but not 2+X more... 

Rodgers' snap count was hurt due early season Facyson utitilzaton.

But just keep it mind, that Gilmore and Moore normally get 95+% snaps.. and we do nickel 2/3s of the time. 

So project Rodgers 35-65% snaps per game, and Parris 80-90%. 

yeah i just figured it had something to do with keeping him fresh to chase WRs around, but that snap count isn't that high. 

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AustinnKaine said:

yeah we always play bad against PITT, hoping that changes

because they are a big team tough team that is well coached .  colts match up well with smaller teams that dont have physical lines . that is why we always play the chiefs well or other pass friendly teams .   teams that can punch us in the mouth give the colts trouble

1 minute ago, AustinnKaine said:

yeah i just figured it had something to do with keeping him fresh to chase WRs around, but that snap count isn't that high. 

IMO, Gus uses Rodgers and Facyson, situationally. 

Not really because freshness. 

I wish they subbed Moore, more.. 

If you run through the chain of events from when they got the ball on the fumble at Philly's 20 in the 3rd quarter until the end of the game, they had to try hard to lose this game.  Just like the Washington game, if any one of 5-6 things happen, they win the game.  For whatever reason, they find ways to lose.

That said, I didn't think the O-line and offense were as pathetic as they were in the first 9 games.  They just had drive after drive stalled with penalties and failed to convert in key moments.  If Campbell secures the ball at the 10 and they go up 17-3, they probably win easily.

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

on another note nick siriana is a tool .   the way he was celebrating and rubbing it in  fist pumping taunting the fans at the end of the game .  he is gonna get exposed in the playoffs his offense is overrated

From what they said on the broadcast those were eagles fans. Not sure because I didn’t look that close. First impression I thought the same as you it was classless.

31 minutes ago, colts89 said:

Pierce was 3 for 28

Pittman was 6 for 75

Campbell was 5 for 67

Our whole pass offense wasn't good, but Pierce has been pretty poor the last few games. Seems like a rookie wall, so it's not unexpected, but it hurts for a team giving him #2 WR snaps 

Campbell dropped two crucial passes . Pierce caught all of his

2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

on another note nick siriana is a tool .   the way he was celebrating and rubbing it in  fist pumping taunting the fans at the end of the game .  he is gonna get exposed in the playoffs his offense is overrated

He had Philly fans and family behind their sideline. 

IMO, their offense is fine. Some teams can't defend true dual threat QBs, some can. 

3 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

They were Eagles fans.

6 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

lol.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It was still a bad look. They got real lucky to beat us. I don't think they are better than the 49ers or Dallas. We will see come playoff time. The REFS were on their side today, lets see how that goes against the 49ers or Dallas who has star power.

agreed

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Ballard’s focus on quantity draft picks instead of quality I think had hurt this team. Focus on the premium positions early and fill in after that.

There was a time when we needed a quantity of OK players. Now, we need a few quality players. I can't see us getting that in one draft, so some must come from FA.

The major problem I see is to develop a winning attitude throughout the team. Right now, too many are just playing Xs and Os with very little attitude. I hope that changes.

1 minute ago, CoachLite said:

There was a time when we needed a quantity of OK players. Now, we need a few quality players. I can't see us getting that in one draft, so some must come from FA.

The major problem I see is to develop a winning attitude throughout the team. Right now, too many are just playing Xs and Os with very little attitude. I hope that changes.

Yeah when your in a rebuild you need quantity. He did a nice job with that but then failed to focus on premium positions in FA when the rebuild was done. 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

When Philly goes to Dallas, they will be in deep doo doo chuckling homer simpson GIF

i said before the game, as long as we keep it close, ill be proud of our team.

sure we should've won, but that was a very good effort from the colts today

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Yeah when your in a rebuild you need quantity. He did a nice job with that but then failed to focus on premium positions in FA when the rebuild was done. 

While I agree that's what it appears, there may be other factors you're not aware of - specifically attitude problems that get masked by the PR and press. Even the fans have an attitude problem. That's understandable too, but it needs to get fixed along with the team.

13 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

i said before the game, as long as we keep it close, ill be proud of our team.

sure we should've won, but that was a very good effort from the colts today

I am proud of the way we played, I just think we got screwed is why I was venting earlier. We lost to a 9-1 team by 1 point. Eagles will meet their match when they come to Jerry's town. I hate rooting for the Cowboys but after what happened today and the way their coach celebrated, what comes around, goes around. I hope Dallas smokes them.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am proud of the we played, I just think we got screwed is why I was venting earlier. We lost to a 9-1 team by 1 point. Eagles will meet their match when they come to Jerry's town. I hate rooting for the Cowboys but after what happened today and the way their coach celebrated, what comes around, goes around. I hope Dallas smokes them.

yeah, i don't tend to care about NFC teams after we play them. I personally like Siranni, but it was a little much. especially because it was such a close game. but im sure it meant a lot to him to beat us

3 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

yeah, i don't tend to care about NFC teams after we play them. I personally like Siranni, but it was a little much. especially because it was such a close game. but im sure it meant a lot to him to beat us

I really don't care either in the whole scheme of things but I will root for Dallas when they play Philly. 

24 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

From what they said on the broadcast those were eagles fans. Not sure because I didn’t look that close. First impression I thought the same as you it was classless.

Regardless Philly fans or not, I don't think its too classy for a Head Coach of a billion.dollar team to behave that way.

1. Act like you've won before.

2. Maybe they were Philly fans, but I'm sure some.colt fans.were somewhere in the vicinity being a home game for the colts. I know he's a young head coach but act your.age, not your.shoe.size. ......and sticks.and stones etc...etc... haha

We'll see how animated he is when he faces the 49ers, Brady, or maybe the Cowboys in playoffs.

21 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Ballard’s focus on quantity draft picks instead of quality I think had hurt this team. Focus on the premium positions early and fill in after that.

ballard  not resigning autry and houston that annoyed me .   we could of got darrisaw and still drafted dayo and have him learn under them .   defense would be just as good and we could of easily won one or two more games with a real left tackle

Archived