Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 Titans at Colts Post Game Thoughts (G4)

EastStreet

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My biggest problem was:

offensive play calling in the 1st half and key situations 

Matt Ryan Fumbles (just take the sack and hold onto the ball.)

At this point I think you have to bench Matt Ryan he is causing way to many turnovers that puts the team in a hole and sets the defense up for failure.

I think the oline played a lot better today. The titans shut down the run and when Frank realized we can't and don't have to run every play the offense started clicking. 

It's unfortunate JT got hurt at the end. I think he looked a little lost after that fumble. Def a good possibility he got concussed on that play. Him being in there at the end instead of Hines could have made a difference, who knows?

Great halftime adjustments by the defense. 

I think we're growing and getting better week by week. I think we can be a force down the stretch.

The team fumble issues, OL issue but Will Fries was not bad, First half play calling and RUN D first half. 

Alec Pierce :heart:

TE :heart:

Defense 2nd half :heart:

so confused why we are the best 2nd half team and poor slow start team. Not sure who to blame. Team not prepared. Play calling. Feel of the game. Week after week we play awesome football 2nd half but poor 1st half. 

Just now, Zoltan said:

My biggest problem was:

offensive play calling in the 1st half and key situations 

Matt Ryan Fumbles (just take the sack and hold onto the ball.)

At this point I think you have to bench Matt Ryan he is causing way to many turnovers that puts the team in a hole and sets the defense up for failure.

Matt Ryan isn't ever going to be benched...

Foles and Ehlinger aren't going to be playing any better than him behind that offensive line

7 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Same deal....

Good

• xx

Mix/Gen

• xx

Bad

•  

Good:  our second half D.

bad: everything else.

request in order:

Fire The OL coach

Bench Matt Ryan

Fire Frank Reich.

trade Ryan Kelly:

trade Leonard.

tank the rest of season for top 3 pick.

Hines up the middle never works. Swing passes and bubble screens never work in this offense. So on the biggest series of the game, after Pierce’s long catch, we run Hines up the middle and a swing pass to Hines for minus 2. Then Pryor gets beat, Ryan gets sacked and we miss the FG. Horrible play calling. 

TN DL killed the OL.  Nelson won't like this tape.  Simmons and Autry destroyed him.  Autry swim move on Nelson to win the game was disgusting.  Ryan with his fumbles.  Never ends.  

Taylor could do nothing with no movement from the OL.  

This game went as I thought it would.  

Leonard should have never played.  He isnt ready.  

Speed needs to stay on the field. Kid is really good 

We almost were given this game by Vrabel going uber conservative.  

Frustrating.  

Everything starts with the QB. You can’t win with a QB who plays like that. This goes on Irsay, Ballard, and Reich. From Irsay forcing Wentz out instead of letting him have a second year to grow with the offense. To Ballard and Reich for not seeing he was washed up. Don’t even care about other parts of the game. When QB plays like that your not winning. He clearly doesn’t know how to read protections either and get them in good plays.

12 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Slow starts are this teams achilles heal. Turnovers plus that doomed us. Ryan didnt look bad. Taylor did. Oline is an overpaid joke. 20 mil for a G is hilarious.

That maybe Ballard's biggest blunder in signing Nelson. Should have let it play out. Now next GM had an over paid asset who is not playing well. I think he has hit the wall.

• Good
    • Mo was a beast... thought he was horrible? What happens when targeted? 6 catches on 6 targets.... 2 TDs, and 1Ds.. 
    • Wait, thought TE was horrible. And void of talent... 11 catches on 11 targets... What happens when TEs used... ? huh...
    • Parris... thought he was horrible too... 4 catches in 4 targets... 
    • Ryan. Aside from turnovers, brought us back. And a 109 passer rating... 
    • Franklin - like 15ish tackles. Totally outplayed Oke
    • Grove - sack and QBH... good for a NT... 
    • Paye and Dayo decent
  • Bad
    • Secondary was super meh. Zero PDs again... need to make changes...
    • Reich's game plan was awful for the 6th time in a row. We didn't have the luck like last week. Ryan could only bring us so far after the 1H and 21pt deficit
      • why are we using the same game plan every game... almost identical. ugly. 
    • OL with 3 sacks, that's better than 5 sacks (2 other games with 5 sacks). And TN has one of the best DLs. 
      • Autry again saying hello...... 2 sacks, TFL, 3 QBHs

It’s the same stuff every year in the Ballard and Reich era:

-Slow starts

-Questionable offensive play calling

-Too many mistakes

-Too much pressure and not enough of it converted into sacks

-Why is Hines on the team at this point?

Only good is the receivers/TE. Also it looks like the lockeroom is lost. That first Henry TD literally no one looked like they seriously tried to tackle him. This team never just comes out of the gate firing and makes the other team have to adjust. They always come out sluggish and have to fight to dig themselves out of a hole.

Its literally the same team every year. I knew that during the off-season. There was zero reason for optimism after Ballard basically did nothing to improve the team.

Good:

• Defense played good in the second half and decently all game for the most part. Titans barely had to go that much distance due to the turnovers in the first half. I don't have much beef with anyone on the D today. They could have done better against Henry, but it's Henry... They gave the offense a few chances to win the game.

• The WRs and TE were used better this week, but the pass game isn't going to carry this team if the run game is as pathetic as it currently is. The run game has to be this teams strength.

Garbage:

• Going from the best running attack in the NFL to the worst with JT still back there is a testimony on how terrible the OL and the coaching is. It's just pathetic and the OL coach deserves to get fired.

• Taylor had a horrible fumble, but if people start saying he's the problem with the run game, I'm going to go mad. Please use your eyeballs and common sense and notice the OL getting destroyed on the line of scrimmage. Please. Thanks.

• Ryan behind this horrible OL isn't going to look good. I honestly don't think any QB outside a Manning/Brady type could do much with this OL. Nelson played badly today, as did pretty much the whole OL as a whole.

• The AFC South opponents know how to handle the Colts handedly and Frank makes no adjustments. That's a death sentence in the NFL.

• It's just an undisciplined and terribly managed team atm. Despite what others say, I still think they get their crap together later on in the season. But that's the thing... It won't matter at that point. We did the exact same thing last year and the Colts did excellent in the second half of the season. But, the damage was already done since we were playing catch up.

• And Leonard is probably out for longer now. He shouldn't have been playing to begin with, regardless of what some *ic fans on social media that like to imagine they would be tough enough to play in a NFL game after a surgery think. Stupid decision. 

9 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Good:  our second half D.

bad: everything else.

request in order:

Fire The OL coach

Bench Matt Ryan

Fire Frank Reich.

trade Ryan Kelly:

trade Leonard.

tank the rest of season for top 3 pick.

Why make any moves if you are going to “tank.”  Leonard isn’t going to bring much with his injuries, and, neither is Kelly.

3 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Everything starts with the QB. You can’t win with a QB who plays like that. This goes on Irsay, Ballard, and Reich. From Irsay forcing Wentz out instead of letting him have a second year to grow with the offense. To Ballard and Reich for not seeing he was washed up. Don’t even care about other parts of the game. When QB plays like that your not winning. He clearly doesn’t know how to read protections either and get them in good plays.

Yeah I agree. I go back and forth on Ballard and Reich. However when uour qb has fumbled like 9 times in 4 games. That has to be historic. U take away most of the fumbles and the Colts could be  3 and 1. Totally different look. Ryan has been far worse than Wentz . Irsay cannot blame anyone if he truly made the decision to dump Wentz. Like u said what would have happened if he came back for a 2nd year? I think what people r forgetting is that Reich  has had to start every year with a different qb. Yea playcalling may not be there. Do u really think even the great coaches would have done any better. I attribute a lot of the slow starts to the new qbs every year and players feeling each other out . But Ryan has been an absolute joke like I mean maybe the worst veteran qb signing ever in the NFL. This is a historic melt down by a supposed almost hall of famer qb. Get a pair Ryan and man up.

Archived