Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 Titans at Colts Post Game Thoughts (G4)

EastStreet

2 minutes ago, Indeee said:

You seriously just don't get it and quite frankly it only shows how inept you are at understanding the game of football and it's time for you to go take a nap

We told most of you going on 3-4 years now this team was not being constructed properly yet because Ballard gets up there and acts like a guy's guy, everybody gets enamored and loses sight of the fact that this guy has basically drafted "Project" players to fill roles of premium NFL positions and refused to pay for premium NFL position talent all while preaching "Coaching" these project players into greatness with a less than adequate coaching staff...:lol:

It's that simple, but that big complex brain of yours just can't relate to simplicity I guess

I am celebrating because this team blows and I for one told you so!!!!!!

Celebrating a loss to win an interwebs beef is the epitome of lame. 

If the loss leads to changes, so be it. 

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope Ballard is in that office with Reich.

Just now, coming on strong said:

why do people get so mad over fans wanting to tank it doesnt make you less of a fan to want whats best for the franchise going 8-9 is not whats best for the team lets get on the right track get a young stud QB and a new gm that doesnt bargin bin shop wrs

At this point I don’t trust Ballard would even draft the right QB. 

Just now, Never_Quit said:

Celebrating a loss to win an interwebs beef is the epitome of lame. 

If the loss leads to changes, so be it. 

It's not that either, it's just on here those of us who actually have some common sense most times than not get treated like were trolls, or clowns, or whatever...  Yet year after year here we are

So now it's time to send in the clowns... Oh wait; They are already here... :funny:

4 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I think overall the D has learned to simply be more aggressive, from about AZ/LVR last year.  Nothing about our O scares them, neither the play calls or the players.  They are not worried about either.

The way to beat that is for PC or Dulin to catch a short pass and take it too the house.  Then they will back off the short patterns a bit to ensure the play is kept in front of them.    

Ryan is not Rivers.  @Nicksterwas right about that.  A quick read quick throwing guy he is not.  He looks like he's a less mobile weaker armed version of Wentz, only a little calmer.

I wouldn't call it more aggressive at all. Just simply shallow. They can either zone or man, doesn't matter, just shallow. 

They don't need to stack, just keep shallow. 

And you want more short passes.... weed day?

why do people get so mad over fans wanting to tank it doesnt make you less of a fan to want whats best for the franchise going 8-9 is not whats best for the team lets get on the right track get a young stud QB and a new gm that doesnt bargin bin shop wrs

Sometimes you have to stink bad enough that even the most stubborn owner can smell it.

1 minute ago, Mr.ZapRowsdower said:

I take no joy in the Colts losing whatsoever. But if we lose and somehow come away with a FO and coaching staff to lift us out of mediocrity for the first time in almost a decade I'll take it. 

Yeah it’s the only way we were going to get out of this mess. Ballard’s roster building and Reich’s coaching is falling on deaf ears.

I think it's fine if a fan wants the team to tank, but I would think it'd be ridiculous to think a team should ever want to do that.

6 minutes ago, Indeee said:

You seriously just don't get it and quite frankly it only shows how inept you are at understanding the game of football and it's time for you to go take a nap

We told most of you going on 3-4 years now this team was not being constructed properly yet because Ballard gets up there and acts like a guy's guy, everybody gets enamored and loses sight of the fact that this guy has basically drafted "Project" players to fill roles of premium NFL positions and refused to pay for premium NFL position talent all while preaching "Coaching" these project players into greatness with a less than adequate coaching staff...:lol:

It's that simple, but that big complex brain of yours just can't relate to simplicity I guess

That’s hardly a reason for celebrating, though. 

Congratulations, we suck! Good for you!

I get you feel vindicated - a lot of us do. Doesn’t mean we’re happy when we lose…

5 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Yeah you told me so, congrats. You know more football than I do. I could ask you 10 trivia questions like a simple question who won the 1971 season Sb and you would be scrambling on your brand new Iphone too look it up real quick. You would 0-10 against me. I could care less though because I know nothing chuckling homer simpson GIF

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Yeah it’s the only way we were going to get out of this mess. Ballard’s roster building and Reich’s coaching is falling on deaf ears.

We've never been out of the Divisional round since Ballard and Reich took over. 2014. A near decade and only been in the playoffs twice. 

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Just going by what people are posting, we suck right? 

Yes, we currently do. Period. 

You, however, are talking about moving the team and cheering because we’re losing.
  No one is talking about moving the team but you.
  VERY few are cheering because we lost, and I’m guessing that’s part frustration, vindication and trolling. 

It's a good day to be an ex-Colt.

Denico Autry had 2 sacks against his old team and is having a great end of his career with the Titans.

Mark Glowinski's New York Giants are now 3-1.

Nick Sirianni's Eagles are undefeated.

Matt Eberflus lost today, but his 2-2 Bears aren't looking that terrible, with an athletic young QB at the helm.

I suppose only Rock Ya-Sin feels worse, playing with the winless Raiders.

3 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

That’s hardly a reason for celebrating, though. 

Congratulations, we suck! Good for you!

I get you feel vindicated - a lot of us do. Doesn’t mean we’re happy when we lose…

In all honesty, I'm not happy but I'm not happy beating the Chiefs either because it was a false security win. 

I just want a consistent team other than being consistently poor. A team with direction and nothing against Taylor but it seems this team was heading to a point where Taylor would get a huge contract in a league that doesn't pay RB's anymore. 

Just like we paid an MLB and a guard. It's dumb and it's completely backwards in today's NFL.

1 minute ago, Solid84 said:

You, however, are talking about moving the team and cheering because we’re losing.
 VERY few a cheering because we lost, and I’m guessing that’s part frustration, vindication and trolling. 

@Moosejawcoltsaid he "Loves it", and there at least 4 or 5 others. I don't care anymore. Like I said, we should just move team, we suck.

Just now, John Hammonds said:

It's a good day to be an ex-Colt.

Denico Autry had 2 sacks against his old team and is having a great end of his career with the Titans.

Mark Glowinski's New York Giants are now 3-1.

Nick Sirianni's Eagles are undefeated.

Matt Eberflus lost today, but his 2-2 Bears aren't looking that terrible, with an athletic young QB at the helm.

I suppose only Rock Ya-Sin feels worse, playing with the winless Raiders.

Sirianni was way more valuable than I think a lot of us realized. Glow was a missed opportunity and cheap deal.

6 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

VERY few are cheering because we lost, and I’m guessing that’s part frustration, vindication and trolling. 

So I said we suck, so if we move nobody in here should complain.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah you told me so, congrats. You know more football than I do. I could ask you 10 trivia questions like a simple question who won the 1971 season Sb and you would be scrambling on your brand new Iphone too look it up real quick. You would 0-10 against me. I could care less though because I know nothing chuckling homer simpson GIF

You see, you have just played right into what I'm talking about. You are living in the past. Who cares about 71'? I care more about '68 as that was the year I was born, and we lost because we were wearing the blue uni's. 

It's why when you were so tickled to get Ryan in the off-season that I kept telling you the Ryan you were getting was not the Ryan, you thought you were getting, because you were living in the past

Personally, I have no beef with you or anybody on here, but at some point, it might be a good idea to have an open mind or at least admit when you were totally wrong, as I did last week when I got a dig from a user about wanting Mayfield. I was clearly wrong on that

The first half, the entire team was an absolute embarrassment! They seem to have a habit of not showing up to play until the second half and they aren't good enough to overcome their first half absence. If these players and coaches don't want to or are unwilling to do their job for an entire game, fire them all and get someone who will.

4 minutes ago, Mr.ZapRowsdower said:

Sirianni was way more valuable than I think a lot of us realized. Glow was a missed opportunity and cheap deal.

His O is totally different from Indy (last year or this year).

Too bad he couldn't call plays last year. 

17 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Here is the problem though. When you have Russian Roulette of QBs every single year plus 5 AFC South games in the first 7 games, and you have a traditionally slow starting team under Reich, you have dug a divisional hole that will work against you w.r.t all tie breakers. So you have to hope for a lot of breaks to go your way to win your division because it won't be any 4-0 streak at the end of the season when you are 4-8-1 or 5-7-1 that is going to save you, might be too little too late. 

Even though the Titans and Jags beat us, all 3 division opponents have 5 divisional games left and some tough schedules. 
     I agree that the Colts are going to need some “breaks” but the team is perfectly capable of going on a run and winning the division. They’re also capable of playing better.

I saw a lot of good things today and unfortunately, a lot a mistakes. 
     Ultimately, it’s “glass half full” or “glass half empty” perspective and what we’re seeing is both on the field.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

By many in here we are watching a suck product, so if we move the team nobody has to watch it anymore. We can root for any team we want this point. I like what Dallas is doing, just keeping it real with backup QB. Wentz looks fabulous at 1-3. 

I am usually busy at night so I am glad I won’t have my eyes glued to the tv Thursday. Will just have it in the background.

2 minutes ago, Indeee said:

You see, you have just played right into what I'm talking about. You are living in the past. Who cares about 71'? I care more about '68 as that was the year I was born, and we lost because we were wearing the blue uni's. 

It's why when you were so tickled to get Ryan in the off-season that I kept telling you the Ryan you were getting was not the Ryan, you thought you were getting, because you were living in the past

Personally, I have no beef with you or anybody on here, but at some point, it might be a good idea to have an open mind or at least admit when you were totally wrong, as I did last week when I got a dig from a user about wanting Mayfield. I was clearly wrong on that

I don't Ryan is the problem

34 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Fans like @Rhodelesstraveled, @Moosejawcolt, and @Indeeeare celebrating today because we lost a huge game. What kind of fan does that Clint Eastwood Coffee GIF

Wrong.  I am not celebrating  because we lost. If I were to celebrate it would be for the way I have been treated on this forum. People laughed at Moosejawcolt . There are many people here that know more about football than me. However that doesn't mean that  they know more than me in  building a business and/or a team.  I said Ballard was over rated. I never liked this defensive scheme. He had drafted poorly along the D line. His offensive line is falling apart. We have went thru 5 or 6 ,I can't keep count, qbs. I feel I was so right about Nelson and Leonard. I would have waited another before signing either. Honestly, I would not have signed either, as I have said . I would have traded both for skill players if the market was there. Yes, I was called everything on  this forum and now I feel I am justified about what I have been saying the last 3 years. This team is going in the wrong direction big time. And I am also off Reich band wagon but I give him more of a pass because of the revolving door at qb and this putrid over paid O line. I would bring Nelson, Kelly and Smith into my office  and reduce their salary. For all u who made excuses for Simmon's owning Nelson when I said he did. Well I was wrong. U can now add Autry to that list. Oh and look at my old posts. Biggest mistake Ballad made was not going up and getting Simmons when they so badly needed a 3 tech. Now I have to watch him  play for the Titans. So we gave up a 1st rounder to get an older Buckner and gave him a massive deal. Simmons would have cost us a say 2nd to slide up on and get him on a rookie deal.  Ballard has made many mistakes but people want to just dismiss them. In Ballad we trust lol

59 minutes ago, chad72 said:

That is correct. You slide the line so that the blitz is picked up or instruct the RB or change the play at the line of scrimmage. That is what we expect of an experienced QB. 

However, it wasn't just blitzes though. Big Q just flat out got beat 1-on-1 vs Autry, and that tipped ball INT, those resulted in 14 points that were the difference overall, IMO.

As much as I love Nelson he played like crap.  I’m not sure y either…just looked pathetic 

27 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lets move the team, that way people can't bash them anymore. Lets see how that would feel chuckling homer simpson GIF- after all the great moments they have gave us from 1995, 2006, 2009, 2014 including last weeks win. We need a team like Jets, Browns, and Lions, that is the ticket. 

Think you’re  overreacting 

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This team has me so confused, we will probably win Thursday then get beat by Jacks again lmao 

I am not confused anymore. It’s clear Ryan is washed up and he isn’t as good as they thought reading defenses. Once I started understanding that it takes the confusion away. Ballard has acted like everything was thecQB fault the last two years too and had failed to look in the mirror at his roster building.

1 hour ago, AustinnKaine said:

Nelson got paid that amount because he is the best player at his position. Why do you expect 56 to save an entire offensive line? He doesn't play center, or LT. He also doesn't choose the run calls either. 

AS for hines, he is definitely overpaid. 

The ball got tipped, not really too bad for Ryan to have thrown that one? And people are saying that Reichs play calling sure doesn't help. 

Nelson was horrible today.  Autry ended the game by beating Nelson with a swim move

Archived