Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 Titans at Colts Post Game Thoughts (G4)

EastStreet

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lets change then? Some want Irsay gone so it really isn't a silly narrative, if we get a new owner he may want to move us. 

So what if people are losing confidence in Irsay. 

Irsay deserves criticism. The product has not good. 

His family left one city. If he does it again, it's his decision. 

His family has a lot ties in Indy. So don't see it. 

5 minutes ago, Mr.ZapRowsdower said:

I think that's the biggest problem. No one outside of Reich has input and no one to override him during a game when he's doing poorly. 

Nelson told him to change plays lol... 

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like Irsay to take the Jeffrey Lurie approach and keep Ballard like Lurie has kept Howie Roseman. Roseman has fired 3 coaches in his tenure with the Eagles including Pederson, and Andy Reid. Lurie knows how hard it is to find a good GM and doesn't blame Roseman for coaching failures.

This team's biggest issues are coaching issues, we don't prepare for games or the season well, and play calling is meh at best. Just looking at Nick Sirianni and how he has adjusted his offense to the players he has, it would of been nice to see him call plays when he was here as the OC because the offense seems to be missing what his strength is.

1 hour ago, coming on strong said:

ballard pays 7 million for a backup running back that does nothing for the team and lets autry walk for 7 million a year because he didnt wanna guarantee slightly more money ............       pays 20 million for a guard when reed filled in just fine for nelson last year .   speed plays fine for leonard also not a massive drop off .      stop paying huge contracts for non premium positions and being cheap on guys like autry

It’s funny because for the same money you pay Hines and MAC (and yes he had a big game today but so did just about every TE and receiver except Pittman) you could have kept Autry and Glowinski. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We had every freakin chance to win this game but couldn't get over the hump. Not sure what is wrong with Taylor. Matt clearly outplayed Tannehill. I mean Taylor gave him no help at all. Hay fire them all to you happy I told you so folks. Have a nice night.

what a horrible take.  Tannehill had no TO.  He made no mistakes and in the RZ he lead his team to scores.  Ryan got garbage yards and TO the ball and was bad in the RZ

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

That maybe Ballard's biggest blunder in signing Nelson. Should have let it play out. Now next GM had an over paid asset who is not playing well. I think he has hit the wall.

At this point Q might as well got to tackle 

5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

So what if people are losing confidence in Irsay. 

Irsay deserves criticism. The product has not good. 

His family left one city. If he does it again, it's his decision. 

His family has a lot ties in Indy. So don't see it. 

Nelson told him to change plays lol... 

I have been agreeing with you and many others after today's loss. So I don't see the problem. Lets call Mayflower at 2am Driving Music Video GIF by Elvie Shane

3 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

It’s funny because for the same money you pay Hines and MAC (and yes he had a big game today but so did just about every TE and receiver except Pittman) you could have kept Autry and Glowinski. 

Glow is very bad this season , 

The win against KC wasn’t gonna change my mind, I can’t trust this team for consistent production. This team is just garbage. We’re unprepared and just look disinterested at times. And once the game is out of control, maybe we start moving the ball. 

Yeah, sure, the defense played well  for 2 quarters. But the first half, even if 2 turnovers gave Ten a short field, but they still coughed up 24 points and just provided little to no resistance. 

Offense was an 11 man mistake fest. If we weren’t turning it over, we were missing blocks. If we weren’t doing those things, Taylor was running into tackles.

Reich’s time here should be over.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have been agreeing with you and many others after today's loss. So I don't see the problem. Lets call Mayflower at 2am Driving Music Video GIF by Elvie Shane

IDK what you are talking about. 

I said nobody wants Ls

I said nobody wants the team to move

Irsay deserves criticism.

How does translate to = call Mayflower... 

I dont think we can win anything with Matt Ryan now.  He fumbles too much and his arm doesn't look good throwing outside the numbers.  Hes immobile, lacks arm strength and turns it over

Q should be the LT, people are going to get tired of seeing me say this lol

4 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

Am I the only person that thought Ryan played well? The Int was a tip. The fumbles are concerning yes but watching him is night and day compared to Wentz. Guys were open today and Ryan was hitting them 

He had 2 momentum killing plays during the 2nd half 

1 minute ago, BlackTiger said:

He can still hit layups but his arm does not look good on throws down the field or outside the numbers

His lack of mobility and strength to protect the ball have hurt too

Another fail by Ballard and Reich not evaluating him correctly before the trade. It’s time to put Foles in or just start Sam and see what he has.

Ryan couldn’t even get it to Pittman twice in the end zone lol.

3 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Doesn’t make a difference  how many yards he threw when you turn the ball over 3 times.

Turn over machine and 95% of them are avoidable. Like you’re a 14 year vet you see a guy coming right at you put two hands on the freaking ball and take the sack live to fight another play. All our player we have paid outside of Grover steward and Gilmore have not played up to standards and declined which is why we look as bad as we do. I know it don’t seem like it but the defense hasn’t play as bad as the scores indicate, it’s Matt Ryan and the offense always turning the ball over giving teams short fields. Like if you a betting man colts is good for at least 3-4 turn overs a game 

11 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

IDK what you are talking about. 

I said nobody wants Ls

I said nobody wants the team to move

Irsay deserves criticism.

How does translate to = call Mayflower... 

Unless we get who you want as headcoach and QB, like many (it just isn't you by the way, so we would have 10 different opinions on those) then why even root for the team if we hire someone you dislike? That is a fair question. Because it will be the same ol' crap for the next 5 years. I will agree with you that Frank may not be the answer, I never said he was, I just ripped people bashing the dude like he sucked. he doesn't suck, he just isn't a great coach. So who is, who do you want and I will trust your judgement?

46 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I hope Ballard is in that office with Reich.

At this point I don’t trust Ballard would even draft the right QB. 

As for Ballard, one of his problems has been getting what Frank wanted, Frank wanted Rivers he got Rivers, Frank wanted Wentz he got Wentz.

-This years draft class has played very well since there has not been a 1st rounder. Pierce (2nd), Woods (3rd), Cross (3rd), even Rodney Thomas had a good game as a 7th.

-Last years: Paye, Dayo, are getting better every game. Sam Ehlinger is showing he could be a good backup as a 6th rounder, Strachan has made some good catches as a 6th pick.

-2020: Pittman, Taylor, Blackmon, Rodgers as a 6th should be getting more playing time, Pinter a good backup but shouldn't be a starter in the 5th

-His worst draft has been 2019 for sure though and most are on other teams or Willis Retired but even then EJ speed in the 6th has shown up this year, and Okereke has been good as a 3rd rounder.

He has a a great hit rate in the middle to late rounds, which is not normal. I trust him to find the right rookie QB for this team, and the right coach for this team. Reich was a late hire after McDaniels backed out the last minute, and he looked good at first but he hasn't been able to adapt, which has allowed our divisional rivals to learn how to beat us. The best coaches adapt well and you can see it with the top teams.

1 hour ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Everything starts with the QB. You can’t win with a QB who plays like that. This goes on Irsay, Ballard, and Reich. From Irsay forcing Wentz out instead of letting him have a second year to grow with the offense. To Ballard and Reich for not seeing he was washed up. Don’t even care about other parts of the game. When QB plays like that your not winning. He clearly doesn’t know how to read protections either and get them in good plays.

Wrong! Ryan and Taylor look like flubs because the OL can't protect and can't create holes. End of story.

1 minute ago, Zoltan said:

As for Ballard, one of his problems has been getting what Frank wanted, Frank wanted Rivers he got Rivers, Frank wanted Wentz he got Wentz.

-This years draft class has played very well since there has not been a 1st rounder. Pierce (2nd), Woods (3rd), Cross (3rd), even Rodney Thomas had a good game as a 7th.

-Last years: Paye, Dayo, are getting better every game. Sam Ehlinger is showing he could be a good backup as a 6th rounder, Strachan has made some good catches as a 6th pick.

-2020: Pittman, Taylor, Blackmon, Rodgers as a 6th should be getting more playing time, Pinter a good backup but shouldn't be a starter in the 5th

-His worst draft has been 2019 for sure though and most are on other teams or Willis Retired but even then EJ speed in the 6th has shown up this year, and Okereke has been good as a 3rd rounder.

He has a a great hit rate in the middle to late rounds, which is not normal. I trust him to find the right rookie QB for this team, and the right coach for this team. Reich was a late hire after McDaniels backed out the last minute, and he looked good at first but he hasn't been able to adapt, which has allowed our divisional rivals to learn how to beat us. The best coaches adapt well and you can see it with the top teams.

If your rebuilding Ballard is your guy. He isn’t going to take you to a SB or even deep into the playoffs.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Unless we get who you want as headcoach and QB, like many (it just isn't you by the way, so we would have 10 different opinions on those) then why even root for the team if we hire someone you dislike? That is a fair question. Because it will be the same ol' crap for the 5 years. I will agree with you that Frank may not be the answer, I never said he was, I just ripped people bashing the dude like he sucked. he doesn't suck, he just isn't a great coach. So who is, who do you want and I will trust your judgement?

Sorry, Frank sucks.

Payton is my choice (at current moment)... 

Could be different at end of season. 

2 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

If your rebuilding Ballard is your guy. He isn’t going to take you to a SB or even deep into the playoffs.

He has drafted above average, his only fault is the QB position and he has gotten the player his coach wanted for his offense. We would not find a better GM or FO personnel. Because if you fire him you will also be losing Dodds and the people he brought here

Archived