Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 Titans at Colts Post Game Thoughts (G4)

EastStreet

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, krunk said:

Personally I think we've got a pretty decent set of WR between Pierce, Pittman, Campbell, and Dulin.

Frank WR were not even as good as what we have when the won the Super Bowl. 

And I think we've got a nice group of TE.  

Again I think we need to be much sharper in the way we execute and much better in the way we scheme

things up. 

I think they look great on paper.  But why is it that only Pittman can perform so far?  Is the whole offense designed to just get him open and no one else?  I'm not buying that.

3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Unless the QB class isn't that good.   If you want short, only reasonably accurate, but mobile QBs. this top 15 QB class looks right for a team.  Then again, our QB that's currently 3rd on the depth chart might not be any worse.  We know he is a pretty quick thinker.

IF this season turns out to be a dumpster fire down the road, I really hope we give Sam a shot!

51 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Colts Won in '71, right?

In '72 we went to the AFCCG but shula was taking over our division and the afc....until Bert Jones became a nightmare for him in '75-'76-77.....then he got hurt and this Franchise suffered many,many bad seasons AND the embarrassment of leaving Baltimore for Indy in the middle of the night, via Mayflower trucks!

Then after 2 decades of mostly ineptness came  the Golden Years of Manning & Polian. Those were great times to be a colt fan, at least until we faced the Patriots, Big Ben, and Rivers in the playoffs.. But despite our  post season disapointments, it was a Great Time to be a Colt Fan.

I think at least some of us feel if not more,we're heading or already back to those yearśs between Jones & Manning. 

But fear not, there will probably be a season of playoff football sprinkled here and there for this Franchise in between the mediocre and bad seasons, like many other teams. 

It's all up to the football Gods and we all know they don't usually smile on us, but they smile on us more than the Detroit Lions. haha

Unreal how similar the whole Luck / Jones thing is. We’re in the valley now just like bad then. We’ll have to catch lightning in a bottle again…

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

I think they look great on paper.  But why is it that only Pittman can perform so far?  Is the whole offense designed to just get him open and no one else?  I'm not buying that.

Pierce is performing,  Dulin doesn't drop his targets,  Campbell doesn't get enough targets.

24 minutes ago, DougDew said:

So who calls the plays then when we do?  So now its not about Reich's play calling the entire game....its just the part that's scripted.

BTW, you know that Marcus Brady does as much for the game planning as Nick Siranni did, right?  

Do you understand the game plan and script (our typical scheme), vs what it looks like when we toss game plan and scripts...

Do you understand our success rate with game plan and script the last 6 games, and in general.

And if you do understand those things... why do we same things over and over.... 

There is no difference between Brady and Nick (in Indy)... Same game plan and scripts....

But there is a big difference with Nick calling plays in Philly... 

Strange. People are crucifying Ryan for his turnovers early in the game.

But not a single word about Taylor's fumble with 8 minutes to go as we were on the Titans 20 yard line about to score.

Let's blame everyone equally ok ?

No one mentions this but Wentz actually helped the run game because he was always a threat to run.

Just now, PRnum1 said:

But not a single word about Taylor's fumble with 8 minutes to go as we were on the Titans 20 yard line about to score.

It was equally as bad.

1 minute ago, PRnum1 said:

Let's be honest... it's the easiest / laziest thing.. lol

1 hour ago, Solid84 said:

You know what, get after them. Knock yourself out. :facepalm:

I don't need to, they are already knocked themsleves out so I am just mocking that fact. Yes we lost another game but why do people need to be happy about it. I guess if that is they want, then I just won't have an opinion in here. You act like my opinion doesn't matter because you question why I can tolerate someone just bashing our team. That is amazing you would not and still don't see me side of that. I guess all the positive fans should quit posting and just say we suck because that is the way your are posting man. Please read my post clearly, you asked me why do negative posters bother me or why does someone just bashing this team bother me, it is because this is my one way get away to get a with a Colt Family and away from real life. Get it now? I just don't get why people get off in here with us being bad. Be critical of the team if we play bad but damn, after 100 posts of that crap it gets old. It will never change in here and I am just realizing it so I am wasting my time. Lets go 1-16-1 for all I care is what at least 20 people want in here, just read their freakin posts. I might as well just join in and fun with everyone because I am tired of the back and forth in here. I have been since week 2 to be honest. Not worth my healthy brother.

1 hour ago, Zoltan said:

He has drafted above average, his only fault is the QB position and he has gotten the player his coach wanted for his offense. We would not find a better GM or FO personnel. Because if you fire him you will also be losing Dodds and the people he brought here

he also missed  a ton of pass rushers corners and wrs .     that is my biggest concern with ballard so much capital on those positions with nothing so far to show .     pittman was the only good pick so far at wr

4 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

I think it is more because Ryan has 9 fumbles for the season now and has been a consistent problem while the fumble for Taylor has not been a consistent problem for the season.

3 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

he also missed  a ton of pass rushers corners and wrs .     that is my biggest concern with ballard so much capital on those positions with nothing so far to show .     pittman was the only good pick so far at wr

I think it’s safe to say pierce is going to be really good. But the misses at defensive end needed to be filled by FA. He let Audrey go for 1 million difference . Just terrible.

5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Let's be honest... it's the easiest / laziest thing.. lol

We win this game if not for Ryan’s fumbles. It’s not lazy.

- The die was cast in this one when we fell behind by 21 pts in the first half due to a combination of turnovers, atrocious defensive line play and atrocious offensive line play.  Without looking at the historical numbers, I am guessing the actual odds of winning are not very good in the NFL if a team is behind by 3 TDs with 7 min left in the 2nd quarter.  Thats a big hole to climb out of and requires a lot of things to go your way, breaks to made and doing a lot of things of well. 

- To go along with the last point, we were -3 in the takeaways (could have been -4 if Ryan does not recover the fumbled shotgun snap), got stonewalled in running the ball well all day (against what was a bad run defense) and were still not sturdy with regards to consistently protecting against blitzes, stunts. Add those up and you get a defeat despite holding the Titans scoreless for the last 37 mins of the game.  

- Despite what their salaries and past accolades may indicate, the offensive line is simply bad and continues to anchor the entire offense down.  Want one reason why we are 1-2-1 (and one Chris Jones mistake from likely being 0-3-1)? Look no further than that unit.  

- It is becoming more and more clear why Matt Ryan was available.  The guy can still be decent with clean pocket, but his ball security on hits on the arm is alarming.  Also, we still are very poor at attacking the third level (20+ yard air throws) despite having speed in guys like Campbell, Pierce and Granson who should be able to take the top off a defense more based on their physical skills.  Now some of this certainly due to Reich's play calling, o-line pass protection, but I honestly wonder if Ryan can rip the ball downfield as required in this level of the field.  The longest completion of the day was the 44 yarder which hung in the air like a pop fly was all Alec Pierce making a great adjustment on the ball for the catch and defender for Tennessee losing sight of it.  The point is that is hard for any offense to be effective when you can't threaten/attack every area of the field. 

2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

not really, pass rushers Banogu was a bad pick, Turay just couldn't stay healthy. Cornerback wise Rock was playing well when we traded him for Yannik, the rest were late round picks which he hit on Rodgers who has earned more playing time, pretty much same with WR. Campbell has had injury problems but Pittman has been fantastic and Pierce is looking good, the rest were late rounders which you don't really expect to have big roles. If you are adding 5th and later rounders as busts there are no good drafting GMs in the league.

9 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

When you miss at DE you have to go get players in FA. You can’t expect late round picks to be good. So that’s on him.

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

We win this game if not for Ryan’s fumbles. It’s not lazy.

We win this if it isn't for Reich's horrible game plan and script, which created 21 point deficit. The same game plan that hasn't worked the last 6 games... 

Or Reich calling a horrible run, into a stacked box, when D knew it was coming... which turned into a fumble.. 

4 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Maybe Taylor missing the broncos game will be a good thing. It will make them not force feed him. Broncos won’t have anyone to concentrate on.

Raiders are pouring it on the Broncos, but it’s different when Broncos are at home. Leonard for sure will miss it.

5 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

not really, pass rushers Banogu was a bad pick, Turay just couldn't stay healthy. Cornerback wise Rock was playing well when we traded him for Yannik, the rest were late round picks which he hit on Rodgers who has earned more playing time, pretty much same with WR. Campbell has had injury problems but Pittman has been fantastic and Pierce is looking good, the rest were late rounders which you don't really expect to have big roles. If you are adding 5th and later rounders as busts there are no good drafting GMs in the league.

a lot of 2nd and third round pass rushers flopped lewis turray ben a couple others also just are not starters in this league  .  rock is up and down there was a couple more i cant think of that guy in 2017 draft who flopped .      you cant after 4 games say pierce is gonna be good we dont know .    the wrs are a average unit so are pass rushers and corners .   ballard had 6 years

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't need to, they are already knocked themsleves out so I am just mocking that fact. Yes we lost another game but why do people need to be happy about it. I guess if that is they want, then I just won't have an opinion in here. You act like my opinion doesn't matter because you question why I can tolerate someone just bashing our team. That is amazing you would not and still don't me side of that. I guess all the positive fans should quit posting and just say we suck because that is the way your are posting man. Please read my post clearly, you asked me why do negative posters bother me or why does someone just bashing this team bother me, it is because this is my one way get away to get a with a Colt Family and away from real life. Get it now? I just don't get why people get off in here with us being bad. Be critical of the team if we play bad but damn, after 100 posts of that crap it gets old. It will never change in here and I am just realizing it so I am wasting my time. Lets go 1-16-1 for all I care is the is what at least 20 people want in here, just read their freakin posts. I might as well just join in and fun with everyone because I tired of the back and forth in here. I have been since week 2 to be honest. Not worth my healthy brother.

I’ve never said your opinion doesn’t matter, nor do I feel that way. That’s a fiction made up by you. 

I question why you have to call people out just to start an argument…

If you’ve read this thread you’d have seen me questioning Indee about why he felt happy we lost. Go look up his answer (hint: he wasn’t happy we lost). Moosjawcolt responded as well he wasn’t ‘loving us losing’. It’s frustration and a feeling of vindication. 

Fans here are getting frustrated after six years of ‘mountain climbing’ and ‘delayed gratification’ we’re still seeing the same mistakes and coming out unprepared. 

You’re expecting people to be happy about it, just because we’re fans. That’s a fallacy. Any fanbase will discuss a teams’ direction. Some will agree and some will disgree. That’s just a fact. And no, you don’t HAVE to agree just because you’re a fan. When a team’s current regime isn’t getting it done it’s natural in any sport for fans to start questioning the FOs approach. 

I’ve never said anyone HAS to say the Colts suck if they feel differently, but argue your point(s) instead of getting angry at people for feeling the Colts do suck. There’s nothing constructive in that. 

I honestly feel like you’re throwing a bit of a hissy fit here. 

We are a Colts Family here, whether you see that or not, and like a family we often disagree, sometimes vehemently so. 

I value you as a poster a great deal and that’s 100 percent the truth. 

7 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

If the commanders pull Wentz and we don’t get that second round pick we are going to lose a very high draft pick lol.

Commanders aren’t winning many games with that roster and coaching staff, no matter which rostered QB plays for them. We’re getting a 3rd rounder no matter what, right? That would still be a high one.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Commanders aren’t winning many games with that roster and coaching staff, no matter which rostered QB plays for them. We’re getting a 3rd rounder no matter what, right?

Yes. But with how colts look that second rounder would of been very high.

1 minute ago, IrsaysArmy said:

Can somebody let

me know how much Buckner played

today?

Invisible 

12 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Reich kept force feeding Taylor todsy when it was clearly not working. This broncos game is going to be a snooze fest with both these offenses. 

Broncs likely kill us. 

I can see Wilson 250+ easily.. 

And I could see Hamler, Jeudy, or Sutton over 100.. or even 2 guys 100+ lol...

Then next week... We'll all hear how great Denver is... 

My hope is either... Reich is fired tonight... Or Reich goes totally against his typical game plan... 

For you Wentz lovers let's look at his latest stats.

Wentz was 25/42 142 yards 1 td and 2 ints with a qbr of 23.2.

Wash scored a total of 10 pts getting blown out by the Cowboys. 

I think we can all conclude that Wentzs mobility didn't help him much

2 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

Yeah, I wish we’d kept the first rounder and convinced Rivers to come back. We’re too much in the dark about if a serious effort was made to get him back.

I wasn't able to watch the game today and that appears to be a good thing lol. 

Hard to believe this was only game # 4.

Here is what sticks out to me while reading up on this game and really the first 4 games: last year this team won with Taylor's rushing and takeaways on defense. This year Taylor has only rushed for over 100 once and that was vs Houston. The defense ranks in the bottom 10 in takeaways so far this year while they finished #2 last year. (I believe they were in the top 3 the entire year)

Plenty of criticism can be handed out to various people in various areas but I feel this team is really much like last year in that they will win with the run game and takeaways. IMO, until those two things get fixed this is going to continue to be a rough season for the Colts. 

3 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

I watched a little on TV2.

Wentz got hammered again this week. Pretty sure Dallas got 10+ QBHs. 

And folks complain about our OL... He did escape a few times I saw. 

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

We’re too much in the dark about if a serious effort was made to get him back

He said he wanted to retire and that choice was his.  I just took this at face value

Maybe they could have convinced him to stay, it seems like they just let him walk without trying 

Last year we got TO this year we are giving them away.  The Colts have struggled with turnovers so far this season, ranking 25th in the league coming into Sunday's game. And the takeaways again put them in a hole early, as Ryan fumbled on the opening drive (the first of his two fumbles), and then the next quarter was intercepted off of a tipped ball by the Titans' defensive line.  The OL has turned Ryan into a TO machine.  

Archived