Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 Titans at Colts Post Game Thoughts (G4)

EastStreet

My thoughts:

Henry was the better RB yesterday.

Ryan can be good but can also be bad.   Average at this point in his career.

Reich cannot handle what he insists on taking on.  He doesn't use the players the way a good coach would.   Specifically, Hines, Mo and others.  It's like he doesn't know how to scheme very well.   You could almost see exactly when they finished with his scripted plays as the offense got better but not great.  

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How in the blue blazes is running /defending screens STILL a problem for the this team???? Been a prob ever since Frank got here. 

The defense gave this Offense every opportunity to come back. Kudos to the adjustments made by Gus at the half. 

Fries wasn't amazing, but light years better than Pinter. About time they made the change. 

Frank's play calling is/has/always will be trash. He is unimaginative, and uninspiring.

I used to want him just as head coach, but I think he has lost this team. 

If your O-Line can't block (they were slightly better this game) then make adjustments, duh!!

He finally uses Hines in the slot a few times the last game and once/twice this game, he produces, and quits doing it. 

He finally throws a few slants over the last few games, quits doing it.

He used Mo Allie Cox (finally) and then he won't use him for 10 games. 

He's is unimaginably stubborn/stupid running up the middle and even got JT hurt by running him into a brick wall over and over and over and over. Why is he allergic to running off tackle? 

Stop putting Hines at punt returner - he almost lost another one, and he's not good at it.

Grover Stewart is awesome. He needs more snaps. 

Not ready to totally give up on Facyson, but that was ugly when he let Henry blaze past him. 

Why is Yannick starting? Please, somebody give me a good reason. 

That McGlaughlin kick :(

Ballard has his faults, no doubt, but I want to see what happens with a different head coach before Ballard is let go. If he's too stubborn and refuses to fire Reich, then he can hit the road too. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't hate anyone in here, hate is a strong word and you use the word "all", don't say something about me that isn't true. I am annoyed by about 10 posters that are ruining this site. The other 100's of posters are great in my book. Even the people that are often critical of the team I get along with, it is the Trolls I don't care for. Talk about insufferable, you need to look in the mirror.

"Ruining the site". Last i checked its an open forum for anyone to post their opinion. Sorry some peoples ruin it for you. Maybe ignore them instead of going on rants about selling the team and calling people pathetic in gameday chat then going around acting like a victim.

18 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

"Ruining the site". Last i checked its an open forum for anyone to post their opinion. Sorry some peoples ruin it for you. Maybe ignore them instead of going on rants about selling the team and calling people pathetic in gameday chat then going around acting like a victim.

Once again you are wrong. When I say something is pathetic it is a certain post (not the poster) like some saying Frank sucks, Matt sucks, Ballard sucks, they all need to go, ETC.. That is the definition of trolling. None of them suck. Frank is average at worse and Matt is up and down, Ballard is actually good - ask any other GM in the league. My rants yesterday was mocking some people in here but I also had a point, if someone doesn't like the makeup of our team then why watch. If it is going to make one miserable every week it makes no sense. I think we can get better, it isn't all roses but if I thought the Coach, GM, and QB sucked, it would really be hard watching. When you say I am insufferable, how is trying to remain positive on a Colts forum about a team you want to win being insufferable? What is insufferable is, the same 10 or so posters just saying we suck with no substance behind over and over. Like 'I told you so people', what kind of fan does that? There is being critical of the team which I think @Jared Cisneros for example does with substance, then just saying we suck, we suck 100 times. If you don't think that isn't annoying, than man you must like misery. To me that is like being at party of 50 where everyone is drinking having a goodtime and then you have 5 people at that party criticizing everyone else for drinking and putting them down because they aren't drinking and are miserable. Why the hell are those 5 people even there?

So what is going on with Q? I don't care what anyone says about his contract and how much he makes. He has been a perennial all pro guard and one of the best players in the league. His technique, which is usually elite, has been questionable. Is this injury related, having Pryor next to him vs an experienced LT, or what? 

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Once again you are wrong. When I say something is pathetic it is a certain post (not the poster) like some saying Frank sucks, Matt sucks, Ballard sucks, they all need to go, ETC.. That is the definition of trolling. None of them suck. Frank is average at worse and Matt is up and down, Ballard is actually good - ask any other GM in the league. My rants yesterday was mocking some people in here but I also had a point, if someone doesn't like the makeup of our team then why watch. If it is going to make one miserable every week it makes no sense. I think we can get better, it isn't all roses but if I thought the Coach, GM, and QB sucked, it would really be hard watching. When you say I am insufferable, how is trying to remain positive on a Colts forum about a team you want to win being insufferable? What is insufferable is, the same 10 or so posters just saying we suck with no substance behind over and over. Like 'I told you so people', what kind of fan does that? There is being critical of the team which I think @Jared Cisneros for example does with substance, then just saying we suck, we suck 100 times. If you don't think that isn't annoying, than man you must like misery. To me that is like being at party of 50 where everyone is drinking having a goodtime and then you have 5 people at that party criticizing everyone else for drinking and putting them down because they aren't drinking and are miserable. Why the hell are those 5 people even there?

You are the cancer because you set unbelievable expectations on this forum this preseason.  All ten of us warned the board you were wrong and cited the reasons why and boy have we been accurate and you have been DEAD WRONG.  This is why you are the problem.  Moreover the "ten of us" who know a lot more football tha you and who refuse to let our eyes lie to our brain so we dont fall into the trap you live in.   Look in the mirror son and maybe come back here next training camp.  

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

A lot of people are realists, look at the team and give their unbiased opionion. Without sugar coating it. Doesnt mean they are not a fan or dont enjoy being a fan. Sorry thats so hard for you to understand but your way of looking at things in an uber optimistic way with blue shades all the time rubs some the wrong way. Just like the people who think the team they love sucks rubs you the wrong way. Thats the nature of an open forum, people are going to disagree. Ive seen you do the same "I told you so" stuff when the team does well. So really just deal with it better or ignore, pretty simple.

18 minutes ago, Rhodelesstraveled said:

You are the cancer because you set unbelievable expectations on this forum this preseason.  All ten of us warned the board you were wrong and cited the reasons why and boy have we been accurate and you have been DEAD WRONG.  This is why you are the problem.  Moreover the "ten of us" who know a lot more football tha you and who refuse to let our eyes lie to our brain so we dont fall into the trap you live in.   Look in the mirror son and maybe come back here next training camp.  

I did set high expectations, so what and I am not your "son", message me from now on because nobody wants to read your crap.. You along with the 10 other posters are the problem. It is funny I have 100's people in here that like me and more friends than anyone in here 'son'. Stuff like this would get anyone upset, thanks for proving my point with a wonderful post.

3 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

A lot of people are realists, look at the team and give their unbiased opionion. Without sugar coating it. Doesnt mean they are not a fan or dont enjoy being a fan. Sorry thats so hard for you to understand but your way of looking at things in an uber optimistic way with blue shades all the time rubs some the wrong way. Just like the people who think the team they love sucks rubs you the wrong way. Thats the nature of an open forum, people are going to disagree. Ive seen you do the same "I told you so" stuff when the team does well. So really just deal with it better or ignore, pretty simple.

Fair enough. At least you didn't call me a cancer like @Rhodelesstraveledjust did. Being positive is a cancer now, comical.

25 minutes ago, KB said:

So what is going on with Q? I don't care what anyone says about his contract and how much he makes. He has been a perennial all pro guard and one of the best players in the league. His technique, which is usually elite, has been questionable. Is this injury related, having Pryor next to him vs an experienced LT, or what? 

He's had back issues in the past, and even though he's healthy enough to play, I don't think he's healthy enough to play at the level we're used to. I think he's quietly struggling with some nagging ailments. 

7 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

He's had back issues in the past, and even though he's healthy enough to play, I don't think he's healthy enough to play at the level we're used to. I think he's quietly struggling with some nagging ailments. 

I hope that's it. It's rough to see him not be the world beater he has been. Hopefully this is just a blemish on his career and not the downward spiral that ends it.

23 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

By the way, I also look at things with an unbiased opinion. Just because I had high expectations for the Colts doesn't mean I think everything would be roses. Some people just read what they want to read. I have had a couple posters say I thought Matt Ryan was the GOAT, lmao . I have never said that, I think he is good. I was one of the few in here that said our WR room was average, not even top 15 but that gets lost somehow with me be critical of the team.

Just now, Rhodelesstraveled said:

Colts/Ryan HOF status stated by 2006coltsbestyrever got us 7 points in the second half yesterday.  That was it.  He has a career of getting garbage yards.  He is not a HOF QB and that is why he never won in ATL

I bet he makes the Hall of Fame, look at his whole career. It is a no brainer. MVP, went to a SB that Atlanta had won, over 60,000 yards. Career record of 121-103-1

8 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Remember when getting rid of Wentz and getting Ryan we were supposed to have less volitile QB play. It’s been worse with Ryan.

You really don’t think Ryan has been way better than Wentz? The fumbles are a whole other issue but the QB play seems to be much improved imo 

3 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

You really don’t think Ryan has been way better than Wentz? The fumbles are a whole other issue but the QB play seems to be much improved imo 

No. Fumbles are part of being volitile and why they got rid of him. Just like Wentz we don’t know what we are getting from snap to snap with Ryan.

This is what I posted before the season started:

We would go 11-6 = I am probably wrong but we are only 4 games in. We still could have a winning season. Even we finish at 9-7-1 win the South my prediction would not look bad.

We would go to the AFC Title Game = I will more than likely be wrong here. I thought the team would get off to a 3-1 start and be better. Yes this prediction was more of a bold prediction but I thought we had the potential to do so.

I said Matt Ryan is a future Hall of Famer = I will be right, look at his career. To say he hasn't never won anything is false. He did win a NFC Title game by beating Aaron Rodgers.

I said Matt would be better than Wentz, = so far I think I am right but slightly right. Wentz has been terrible in Washington.

I had Frank Reich rated as the 14th best head coach in the league = not far fetched. Around here though 14 doesn't cut it, Frank is average plain and simple.

I had Matt Ryan rated the 11th best QB in the league with Watson in the equation = not far fetched. I have never said the guy is the GOAT, I said he was still good and he wasn't even the problem yesterday. Taylor looked awful, we could not run the ball. Had it not been for Matt we would not even had a chance in the 4th Qtr.

I said our WR room was average, not even top 15 = I nailed this one but I like how Pierce is coming along.

Does that cover it all? One person that criticizes the team over and over in here wanted Baker Mayfield and he is the definition of bad right now.

We arent going anywhere if the execution doesnt get much more sharp and we dont make better use of our personnel. Weve got some tools to work with. At this point i gotta be honest and say i dont fully believe in Matt Ryan. He looks good at times but then in the middle of a drive you can always count on him taking a few easy sacks. I dont think he works the pocket that well, hes a bit indecisive when he does have to take off and run.  And when the sacks happen its a good likelihood hes going to fumble the football. The sacks and fumbles are more of the issue than the interceptions. I think the line issues are going to settle down some as long as we dont have any major injuries. I think Fries should be ok at RG. I think Pryor is ok at LT but i still kinda sorta want Raimann in there with a little help. Or maybe Dennis Kelly perhaps. Just kinda going off my gut on that though.

Good:

- offensive weapons are stepping up.  Maybe Ballard was right about our group.  Don’t think they’re elite, but they could be playing much better.  But so far they are coming along fine.  Good to Pierce and Woods producing

- defense:  I don’t fault them for the points they gave up in the first half because the offense didn’t help them at all.  Kept us in the game for 4 qtrs.  Like Hines, defense did its job 

Bad:

-  another slow start.  We cannot expect to win many games if we’re spotting the opposing team 14-20 points.  This team is just not well coached.  It’s as if the coaching staff sticks to their plan and then adjust at half time instead of making a game plan to beat the opposing team.  This team is very reactionary.  Reich honestly needs to go.  Same thing every year.

- playcalling:  hey Reich, getting Campbell and Hines into space doesn’t mean spam bubble screens.  Reich needs to give up playcalling.  I don’t care if our OC has never called plays on a NFL level, but Reich needs to focus on being a HC and coming up with game plans to beat teams instead of “doing what we do”

- offensive line:  atrocious.  Surprised ryan was able to leave the game with a good stat line despite running for his life.  JT can’t produce because he’s getting hit in the backfield so much.  

- Matt Ryan:  he didn’t play a bad game but come on ANOTHER fumble.  This has not been something he’s dealt with in his career so why now?  

we are on track to be a top 10 draft pick team.  We’re 0-2-1 in our division which means winning it at this point is a long shot.  It could happen but I doubt it.  Looking forward to our QB of the future and him learning under Ryan for 2 years.

28 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

No. Fumbles are part of being volitile and why they got rid of him. Just like Wentz we don’t know what we are getting from snap to snap with Ryan.

this is a reach.  When given actual time, Ryan has been pretty good.  When wentz was given actual time, he either missed his target, or held on to the ball too long and got sacked.  Wentz has a better team in Washington and he looks no better (maybe worse) than what he did here.  That’s telling.  

It’s when Ryan doesn’t have time is when the worry comes in.  And that’s not all his fault.  If Ryan literally stops with the fumbles he’ll be fine.  He involves all of our weapons despite the bad play calls from Reich.  He’s getting sacked so much because the protection sucks.  

4 minutes ago, smittywerb said:

this is a reach.  When given actual time, Ryan has been pretty good.  When wentz was given actual time, he either missed his target, or held on to the ball too long and got sacked.  Wentz has a better team in Washington and he looks no better (maybe worse) than what he did here.  That’s telling.  

It’s when Ryan doesn’t have time is when the worry comes in.  And that’s not all his fault.  If Ryan literally stops with the fumbles he’ll be fine.  He involves all of our weapons despite the bad play calls from Reich.  He’s getting sacked so much because the protection sucks.  

It’s not a reach. We don’t have a consistant QB. You can’t fumble the ball 9 times in four games. If Ryan was Wentz everyone would be  ripping him to shreds.

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

It’s not a reach. We don’t have a consistant QB. You can’t fumble the ball 9 times in four games. If Ryan was Wentz everyone would be  ripping him to shreds.

Ryan is getting ripped to shreds lol.  But also, it’s because they’ve seen Ryan this year when he isn’t fumbling and he’s been good as I said.  

23 minutes ago, smittywerb said:

this is a reach.  When given actual time, Ryan has been pretty good.

I'm worried about his arm.  his throws down the field look slow and weak to me, same goes for outside the marks.  i'll be watching this more closely now

We are making it too easy for defenses to cover the middle and shorts while not worrying about much else.  We dont exactly have the receivers to scare teams deep either 

1 minute ago, BlackTiger said:

I'm worried about his arm.  his throws down the field look slow and weak to me, same goes for outside the numbers.  i'll be watching this more closely now

We are making it too easy for defenses to cover the middle and shorts while not worrying about much else.  We dont exactly have the receivers to scare teams deep either 

Yea maybe a little. I thought both those end zone passes to Pittman would’ve been touchdowns if the ball had more zip. However,  Ryan did throw some passes in the middle of field with decent velocity

1 minute ago, BlackTiger said:

I'm worried about his arm.  his throws down the field look slow and weak to me, same goes for outside the numbers.  i'll be watching this more closely now

his arm worries also.  I honestly don’t know how Ryan had good stats last year when it came to deep balls . Maybe because he didn’t throw that many?  Idk, I didn’t watch him.

somehow without the arm he’s making it happen.  It’s just those fumbles.  

2 hours ago, Myles said:

My thoughts:

Henry was the better RB yesterday.

Ryan can be good but can also be bad.   Average at this point in his career.

Reich cannot handle what he insists on taking on.  He doesn't use the players the way a good coach would.   Specifically, Hines, Mo and others.  It's like he doesn't know how to scheme very well.   You could almost see exactly when they finished with his scripted plays as the offense got better but not great.  

This. All of our scripted plays are JT up the gut and pass to Pitt. Oh, and 1st down? Guaranteed run…

16 hours ago, DiogoSales said:

Good:

Passing Game

Pittman/Pierce/Dulin/MO/Granson

Dayo

Grover (again! He deserves a better team)

Bad:

1H play calling (runs)

OL

Matt Ryan (you cannot fumble 8 times in 4 weeks, the rest does not matter.

I'm starting to think that was never the OL in ATL that was that bad. Have in mind this: week 4 and he has more turnovers than Wentz 2021.

No it was definitely the OL in Atlanta, I’ve watched every single game for 20 yrs. We have only had a competent oline a handful of times.  They replaced Both C and LG this year and have better results. Jaylen Mayfield was the biggest liability at LG I’ve ever seen. Ryan did not have this extensive of an issue his entire career. 

25 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

When u listen to Ryan’s presser he sounds like a guy just collecting a paycheck and doesn’t want to play.

Matt Ryan has never given soundbite worthy pressers. He’s Mr. Corporate after the game. You are just doing anything to throw blame. Turns out the “stud muffin” had been a dud muffin behind this oline as well..  

18 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Players are getting tired of this organization and the QB.

That is a bad excuse, Matt was there for the whole camp and is better than Wentz. Tannehill is just an average QB, not bad but Tennessee won't go to the Sb with him. I mean if we can't win this division with Tannehill and Trevor in only year 2 then we have huge problems.

31 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

When u listen to Ryan’s presser he sounds like a guy just collecting a paycheck and doesn’t want to play.

No, he doesn't panic like many do in here haha . I am still not panicking eventhough very disappointed in yesterday's loss. What is Matt supposed to do, say he made a mistake coming here. I am sure when he came here, he seen a Line that was good and seen Taylor as the best back in football. Maybe he thinks deep down it could get better.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is a bad excuse, Matt was there for the whole camp and is better than Wentz. Tannehill is just an average QB, not bad but Tennessee won't go to the Sb with him. I mean if we can't win this division with Tannehill and Trevor in only year 2 then we have huge problems.

Tannehill played better than Ryan yesterday.   He manages the game well and ran some when needed.   He did not fumble or throw an INT.   I put most of the blame on Reich because the slow starts are using his scripted plays.  

4 minutes ago, Myles said:

Tannehill played better than Ryan yesterday.   He manages the game well and ran some when needed.   He did not fumble or throw an INT.   I put most of the blame on Reich because the slow starts are using his scripted plays.  

When Tannehill gets an early lead, he is good as proven yesterday. I bag on the guy but have never said he sucks. Once Tennessee gets a 2 score lead they can coast because the King is back there.

13 hours ago, Zoltan said:

Trick question Howie Roseman has control of picks and Nick doesn’t get to choose lol

But Nick calls the plays.

SImpler question.  Start with Pascal and Pitt as your starters.   Then, which new contract is more likely to impact how you call plays?

Quenton Nelson:  4 years $80 mill

AJ Brown:  4 years $100 mill.

17 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

If your rebuilding Ballard is your guy. He isn’t going to take you to a SB or even deep into the playoffs.

Since Manning left how many Superbowls have the Colts been to? Even with Manning how many Superbowls did they win? 

Archived