Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 Titans at Colts Post Game Thoughts (G4)

EastStreet

Just now, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I don’t get this. He fumbles and is careless with the ball. That is on him. Ten fumbles in four games. Ryan is clearly not very good at reading defenses either. How that got by Ballard and Reich before the trade is beyond me. He has made the protection look way worse.

A guy who is known for D reading 10+ years... 

OK lol.. 

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I don’t get this. He fumbles and is careless with the ball. That is on him. Ten fumbles in four games. Ryan is clearly not very good at reading defenses either. How that got by Ballard and Reich before the trade is beyond me. He has made the protection look way worse.

How has he made the protection look worse? Because he can't scramble? Everyone knew that. It should not be his job to escape free blitzers every other drop back. This line is a joke and Ryan being a statue highlights that.

Matt Ryan is easy to blame but he also threw two TDs over 300 yards and 110 rating while under fire with less than zero run game. Let me know how great Wentz was when JT rushed for less than 2 a carry.

1 minute ago, ColtsLegacy said:

How has he made the protection look worse? Because he can't scramble? Everyone knew that. It's not his job to escape free blitzers every other drop back. This line is a joke and Ryan being a statue highlights that.

When you are consistantly not picking  up blitzes ect that’s on the QB for not getting his offense into the right plays. Communication issues are on the QB.

2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

can anyone explain ballard starting the season with pryor a career backup lineman at left tackle ?      draft a third round project guy and place a average backup starting a premium position ?   irsay should fire him just for that

Pryor has been the least of our issues.

24 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

When you are consistantly not picking  up blitzes ect that’s on the QB for not getting his offense into the right plays. Communication issues are on the QB.

The QB cannot block for himself. We do not know where the communication breakdown is but it certainly is not all on Matt Ryan... Stop it.

You can continue to vent. This is not healthy. I'm out.

4 minutes ago, HoosierHero said:

I’m actually getting worried all these plays are getting their money and coasting. Something I didn’t even think about this past offseason. 

It’s looking that way. Ballard hands out extensions to his draftees when they produce like it’s candy. Maybe signing your own isn’t always the right choice because there is a better player to be had in FA or via a trade.

7 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

Nelson got paid that amount because he is the best player at his position. Why do you expect 56 to save an entire offensive line? He doesn't play center, or LT. He also doesn't choose the run calls either. 

AS for hines, he is definitely overpaid. 

The ball got tipped, not really too bad for Ryan to have thrown that one? And people are saying that Reichs play calling sure doesn't help. 

i want a gm that prioritizes premium positions .   we dont need  a 20 million a year guard you can get a good one for 10 million a year .    nelson got blown up today in the run game and gave up a big sack .  his hasnt played well this year at all .   

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

That is correct. You slide the line so that the blitz is picked up or instruct the RB or change the play at the line of scrimmage. That is what we expect of an experienced QB. 

However, it wasn't just blitzes though. Big Q just flat out got beat 1-on-1 vs Autry, and that tipped ball INT, those resulted in 14 points that were the difference overall, IMO.

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

It’s looking that way. Ballard hands out extensions to his draftees when they produce like it’s candy. Maybe signing your own isn’t always the right choice because there is a better player to be had in FA or via a trade.

bingo  could of gotten high draft picks for trading leonard and nelson kept reed and put in speed .    then we have 40 million to go get a left tackle wr or a pass rusher

5 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Pryor has been the least of our issues.

he got destroyed on that sack for a fumble might of been two sacks .  he was giving up pressures and couldnt run block to save his life

15 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

ballard pays 7 million for a backup running back that does nothing for the team and lets autry walk for 7 million a year because he didnt wanna guarantee slightly more money ............       pays 20 million for a guard when reed filled in just fine for nelson last year .   speed plays fine for leonard also not a massive drop off .      stop paying huge contracts for non premium positions and being cheap on guys like autry

I think hines is over rated.   Hes nothing special as a Rb or receiver.  maybe a better receiver than most backs but so what? get a real receiver Hines isnt that special.  hes fast but not really a great catcher or route runner.  

They paid too much to a guard and its doing nothing for our win total.  

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Media got pitchforks out... After Zach advertised for Reich and Ballard for years.... lol

05c1ac0959d962fcc388956e1c9dbd79fa11eccd

Reich for years... 

yes him too.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Matt played good today, he is very accurate, his early fumble was his only bad play. We can't run the ball of the sudden??

Reich

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Media got pitchforks out... After Zach advertised for Reich and Ballard for years.... lol

05c1ac0959d962fcc388956e1c9dbd79fa11eccd

Reich for years... 

So when we fire Frank and bring in new coach and start 0-2 again, time to fire him too I guess. It is going to be like this with any coach we get in here, always has been.

• Turnovers in the first half.
  • Our D gave Henry 7.5 yard average in the first half.

When the game is in hand, the opponent lets off the gas and our marginal players like PC, Mo, and some on D look better.  Its been like that for years.

• Our kicker has a stronger leg than our other kicker, but he's still pretty shaky.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We had every freakin chance to win this game but couldn't get over the hump. Not sue what is wrong with Tayor. Matt clearly outplayed Tannehill. I mean Taylor gave him no help at all. Hay fire them all to you happy I told you so folks. Have a nice night.

The strength of the Titans is in the middle, so too many runs were called inside man and no RB, unless it was Barry Sanders, would be able to negate an OL that doesn't make holes. Taylor can only do so much.

Matt Ryan has always been a high yardage passer throughout his career but doesn't have as much wins to show for those and there is a reason, can't all be everyone else's fault. He needs a lot of things to be perfect for things to go right, a great OC that schemes separation and a very good OL that affords him time, plus an excellent cast of pass catchers that catch in traffic as he is a timing passer. No, it is definitely not all Matt Ryan's fault, neither was it all Wentz, that is what fans here have been saying. There are holes and less premium talent at many levels that has fans scratching their heads as to whether it will translate to consistent winning.

Heck, our D generated more turnovers last year if I am not mistaken and that help isn't there either, so Ws are going to be sparse. He came to the Colts at the wrong time and I am afraid we will be sub .500 team when it is all said and done, that is the direction we are heading. 

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

yes him too.

We need to fire media too.

All the reporters that sucked up to Reich and Ballard for years, and created weekly excuses for them... 

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

So when we fire Frank and bring in new coach and start 0-2 again, time to fire him too I guess. It is going to be like this with any coach we get in here, always has been.

Disagree. I would expect better performance. 

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Ds are shallow. They know Reich's plays.

JT isn't suddenly bad, or changed. 

The plays have been the same for 5 years.  It looks like JT is missing reads like he did during his rookie year and the first 4 games of last year.   We still don't know who the real JT is....but we know he's fast.

2 minutes ago, colts89 said:

They MOST certainly did.

Communication issues are mostly in the QB and center. Your QB has to be able to get you in better plays. Ryan is not doing that.

Just now, DougDew said:

The plays have been the same for 5 years.  It looks like JT is missing reads like he did during his rookie year and the first 4 games of last year.   We still don't really know who the real JT is....but we know he's fast.

I think he was really bothered by that for today. Why Jackson and Hines didn’t get more snaps is beyond me.

53 minutes ago, James said:

Same old crap. It’s been a pattern for a long time, yet Reich apologists will still be here defending their guy.

Slow start. Unprepared. 

Frank has got to go.

Yep.

Thats our Trend, thats our Script.....can't win openers.....can't win in Jacksonville..... slow.starts in most games.

27 minutes ago, Mr.ZapRowsdower said:

I've been crucified in here before because I hated the Nelson pick from day 1. Hated it then and hate the monster extension more. Generational or not he's a guard and most of last year when he missed time I really didn't notice because of a Reed. What happened to that guy again? Oh yeah. :facepalm:

Wooooòooo but he makes the Oline so much better

5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

We need to fire media too.

All the reporters that sucked up to Reich and Ballard for years, and created weekly excuses for them... 

Disagree. I would expect better performance. 

There’s a bunch of media folks I’d like to fire lol 

Archived