Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Positives from JAX game

Catloaf

All jokes aside I honestly don’t think there was one single positive thing that came from this game. I was full on expecting Campbell to step up and he was pretty much non existent in the game which imo is very disappointing. Idk if this was the butt kicking they needed to get the wheels spinning but that was one of the worst showings I’ve seen in a long time. 

2 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:

All jokes aside I honestly don’t think there was one single positive thing that came from this game. I was full on expecting Campbell to step up and he was pretty much non existent in the game which imo is very disappointing. Idk if this was the butt kicking they needed to get the wheels spinning but that was one of the worst showings I’ve seen in a long time. 

I think the only positive that came out of the game is that we now know FOR SURE that this WR group is not all it was said to be by the front office.  Yeah, that's not good news, but at least we can all stop fooling ourselves (those that choose to believe it) and start seriously talking about possible options.  The veil has been lifted!

I don’t understand the point In rooting for the Colts to win. This regime doesn’t know how to change their ways when something isn’t working 5 years later. You wouldn’t do that in life I hope, and if you do, that’s why you have issues. 

this team does nothing but talk talk talk. 

34 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

After Ryan threw that INT near FG range I knew it would be a long day.

I thought it was awesome play calling from our great HC when we were 4 yards from end zone and best RB in the league with us and he goes 3 in a row with a throw and each throw with penalty keep pushing us back and back and back haha

16 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

we still have our first round pick next draft right?

Yes.

But Ballard will probably take that pick and trade out of the first round, picking up a handful of extra second and third round picks, and draft additional players that will provide no positive impact on our games whatsoever, thus continuing to prove that he's the 'smartest guy in the room'...

I mean if he's that at least, then that's a positive, right?

15 minutes ago, Pelt said:

Yes.

But Ballard will probably take that pick and trade out of the first round, picking up a handful of extra second and third round picks, and draft additional players that will provide no positive impact on our games whatsoever, thus continuing to prove that he's the 'smartest guy in the room'...

I mean if he's that at least, then that's a positive, right?

There’s a lot of folks on here that praise and advocate for him to trade down, “every year.” Ridiculous 

A few tackles for loss by the defense

A few nice runs by JT

Some nice plays by Lewis, EJ Speed, Grover Stewart, Micheal Straughn, M Ryan 

There’s always something you can find, if you choose to.

But when you lose 24-0, there’s not going to be too many fans (or media) looking for positives and that’s understandable.

They just have to play better and fans will be happy…..well, maybe not. 

Agreed on Haak his placement pining opponent inside the 20 is impressive, still early but if he keeps it up him and Sanchez could be interesting next preseason.

Dulin getting better each season and now each game,solid 3/4 in wr room

JT avg 6.0 yards per carry despite not a ton of room

Punt coverage solid

Positive? ... I was able to do yard work right after the Jags first score. It was out of reach when the Colts went down 7-0 in the first quarter. I very much prefer a sure loss early as possible, and so does my demanding wife that expects me to tackle my yard chores better that the Colts defense tackles. ... BrickHead 2 Yard work 0.  I'm going to be undefeated at this rate. Now that is positive ... Honey (in case you read this).

We did have them in third and very long pretty consistently, but just like every Colt team of the past 50 years we gave up numerous 3rd and 10, 3rd and 11, 3rd and 12. And just for good measure we gave up a 1st and 20 with a 23 yard pass completion! Which was followed on the very next play the 37 yard touchdown run, yippie!

Archived