Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Calm down. We can still get in.

CR91

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know there’s a mathematical chance.

But after the 1 in a million Raiders choke job, plus the Colts’ meltdown today, I’m guessing it will go down to the last second in a game out of our control, and the anguish will be tripled.

(Trying to reverse the curse.)

1 minute ago, zibby43 said:

I know there’s a mathematical chance.

But after the 1 in a million Raiders choke job, plus the Colts’ meltdown today, I’m guessing it will go down to the last second in a game out of our control, and the anguish will be tripled.

(Trying to reverse the curse.)

Yeah, I can respect that feeling. Lol. 

4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

The browns losing actually helps us because if we win next week then the only way we don't get in is if the dolphins, Ravens, and browns all win.

Dolphins vs Bill

Ravens vs Bengals

Browns vs Steelers

I like these odds for us

Browns losing definitely helps a lot. We still could be looking at being the 3rd team ever to miss the playoffs with 11 wins in an expanded field thats scary. Also if we lose to the Jags next week Raven and Browns both own head to head tiebreakers against us in that case our only chance would be a Dolphins loss which, even in that case, i have not looked deep enough, Dolphins might have the tiebreaker as well

Just now, Patrick Miller said:

This whole colts season is pretty much just going to amount to a late draft pick. I don't expect us to get very far even if we do get into the playoffs. I mean....did u see the second half of the Steelers game?  The Colts can't play 4 quarters of good football.

The truth. We will end up with late draft picks and really what amounts to a relatively mediocre season. Our record is positive but doesn’t really feel good. 

I am surprised at how bad defense looked in 2nd half.  We could not stop them. I was afraid about having two fill ins at our tackle spots and that was a glaring weakness - contributed to fumble in 1st half that led to steeler TD and forced Rivers to misfire on throw to pitman that was picked and the last play to Pascal. Rivers was on his fanny quite abit today due to lack of adequate tackle play. We had no pass rush in most of this game. I was surprised that Big Ben beat us deep but as of late a lot of teams have had some big plays against us. 

The sad realization from today isn’t necessarily that we might miss the playoffs, but the sad thing today for me is the inability to pretend anymore that we can win if we make it in. We just aren’t that good. Even with backup line, our quarterback had time to throw and didn’t throw well on that last drive. Burton doesn’t really contribute more than 1 good play per game and MAC looks like he has the joints and speed of an 80 year old. If the defense can’t make miracles happen, we lose. The one bright spot is Taylor. He earned an A+ today. 

Here are how the Colts get in non-ties version.

Division 

Beat the Jags

Titans lose to Packers and Texans

Wild Card

Beat the Jags

Browns, Dolphins, or Ravens lose next week

Dolphins go to Buffalo, Browns play the Steelers, and the Bengals plays the Ravens.  

Wouldn’t bank on the Ravens losing but there is a good chance the Dolphins or Browns will.

6 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I absolutely hate losing to the Steelers, but we may have helped ourselves by giving them their confidence back so they beat the Browns next week. 

But we’ve got to take care of Jacksonville, who always play us tough and always seem to screw us. 

I almost couldn't believe we were about to beat the Steelers(the STEELERS). Then like always the Colts will always fall to them because history always repeats itself. 

3 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

huh? Wait a min... so you are still holding on to the Rivers train? :tvsmash:

Nope he is a choker . I watch him melt down every year . He over threw mo who was wide open . He missed blitz didn’t pick them up this is who he is . 7 drives 0 points over throws turnovers . 5 playoff wins I’m 17 years he is tony romo. Tony put up 30 touchdowns a year but meltdown and gave away 6 games a year . Volume stats in a watered down era means nothing 

Let's not forget about the Titans either playing GB tonight.  If they lose we have 4 possible lucky breaks. In that scenario you night say we’re the unlucky ones because we have the least control of our destiny, but if you are talking odds, we have the easiest game to win and we would just need to see one of 4 teams lose. It sucks we lost control of our destiny, especially with how close we came with Miami almost losing and us losing control of this game. But as OP said, it's not over.

22 minutes ago, CR91 said:

The browns losing actually helps us because if we win next week then the only way we don't get in is if the dolphins, Ravens, and browns all win.

Dolphins vs Bill

Ravens vs Bengals

Browns vs Steelers

The Titans as well. If the Titans lose tonight, we can make the playoffs by winning our game and just having one of those 4 teams lose. 

IMO, we have about 60% chance of making it as I believe we win next week. 

Archived