Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Calm down. We can still get in.

CR91

Sure getting in and we have a chance but with Reich as our coach?  How far will we get?  He is our achilles heel IMO.  He might win a game and I'm afraid it will be enough to keep his job.  I know he's won ten games but that's only because Houston self destructed.  He is not the answer.  He was hired as a last minute replacement.  Ballard really has to do a thorough job evaluating him this year.  I just don't see how he deserves another contract.  I think he coached himself into a very warm seat today.  

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

Browns losing definitely helps a lot. We still could be looking at being the 3rd team ever to miss the playoffs with 11 wins in an expanded field thats scary. Also if we lose to the Jags next week Raven and Browns both own head to head tiebreakers against us in that case our only chance would be a Dolphins loss which, even in that case, i have not looked deep enough, Dolphins might have the tiebreaker as well

If we lose to jags next week, who cares about playoffs, because we’re not contending at that point

4 minutes ago, Stephen said:

We lose to jags and we may not contend for a while. Trevor Lawrence 

I always get annoyed with this thinking.  Lawrence may be good, he may even be great, but that doesn’t take away from the fact that the Jags are an absolute s*** show of a franchise.  They’ve had 1 good team since 06.   Just because they get Lawrence doesn’t mean colts are doomed.  We still have the overall better team.  

Put Mahomes on the Jags this year and they’re still not contending.  

7 minutes ago, SpanosSucks said:

I always get annoyed with this thinking.  Lawrence may be good, he may even be great, but that doesn’t take away from the fact that the Jags are an absolute s*** show of a franchise.  They’ve had 1 good team since 06.   Just because they get Lawrence doesn’t mean colts are doomed.  We still have the overall better team.  

Put Mahomes on the Jags this year and they’re still not contending.  

Mahomes  could contend with the jags. Gardner minchew completed  95 percent  of his passes  against us  the first game. Jags have 1st seed locked up and would love to ensure we don't  make the playoffs.  The jags weakness is the run being that we go away from it even when it works I would not be surprised if  jags won

24 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

The math is very simple next week.

If we win, and if either the Browns lose to the Steelers or the Dolphins lose to the Bills, then we're in.

If we lose twice to the Jags, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs anyway.

Simple math.

Or Ravens lose to Bengals and possibly and likely if Tenn loses to Houston.

40 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Mahomes  could contend with the jags. Gardner minchew completed  95 percent  of his passes  against us  the first game. Jags have 1st seed locked up and would love to ensure we don't  make the playoffs.  The jags weakness is the run being that we go away from it even when it works I would not be surprised if  jags won

Both Burrow and Herbert have tore it up this year and we’re still taking L after L and finishing near bottom of the league.  A QB is one of the most important components of a team, but they are still not able to carry a complete garbage team.  Even if Jags get Lawrence the team will need work.  

15 minutes ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

This all comes back to the debacle that happened Week 1 at Jacksonville...I would not be opposed to the Colts firing Reich and blowing it up if they don’t make the playoffs.

It’s not just about that game. It’s that game, it’s blowing the lead against Baltimore, it’s today’s game, and the defense looking pathetic against Cleveland 

4 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

huh? Wait a min... so you are still holding on to the Rivers train? :tvsmash:

I am, he's hardly the reason we lost today but he did play a big part in our still being able to win the AFC South, in addition to tying Hall of Famer Dan Marino in career passing touchdowns. https://twitter.com/Colts/status/1343272204751007745/photo/1

4 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

15 years of getting beat by Trevor Lawrence, can’t wait. We just saw Phillip the last time in a meaningful game. What a shame. Everytime AC is out, we lose!!

I believe he was out for the game at Houston, and we won that one.

Well if the Packers score holds (and after the Phish/Raiders and today I am taking nothing for granted).  All the Colts have to do to get in is beat the worst team in the league in their building and have one of four teams leave.  Short of control their own destiny that’s as good of a spot as they could hope to be in.

1 minute ago, luv_pony_express said:

I have a very hard time imagining Reich not being retained.

I think you’ll be surprised by Irsay.  He values continuity.  I can tell you one thing he’s not going to fire a coach after a winning season.  That’s just not the way he operates.    

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

I think you’ll be surprised by Irsay.  He values continuity.  I can tell you one thing he’s not going to fire a coach after a winning season.  That’s just not the way he operates.    

Er, that was precisely my point.  I could go either way on whether or not Reich should be retained.  But he will be.

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I doubt the Texans beat the titans next week. I mean they just got beat by the bengals. So the division is probably over. It’s snowing like crazy in GB too.  If titans do lose tonight there are then 4 scenarios for us next week.

DeShaun Watson is special, and he'll want to end this season on a high note - I'm glad we're playing the Jaguars next weekend and not Houston, as long as that guy is upright and running around, the Texans always have a chance to win!

1 minute ago, luv_pony_express said:

Er, that was precisely my point.  I could go either way on whether or not Reich should be retained.  But he will be.

And thank goodness Irsay works that way because a lot of people wanted Dungy fired after 2005 and Irsay kept him and won the Super Bowl the next year.  

2 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

DeShaun Watson is special, and he'll want to end this season on a high note - I'm glad we're playing the Jaguars next weekend and not Houston, as long as that guy is upright and running around, the Texans always have a chance to win!

I mean the Texans did play the Titians tough last time and then its a division game 

6 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

It's going to be nerve wrecking.  I can see the Colts dominating Jacksonville or playing down to their level.  I can also see Houston beating Tenn.  Honestly it wouldn't shock me worst case scenario if both Houston and Jacksonville won :lol:....................

It’s going to be a free for all next week after seeing what is going on in GB. Even the titans could miss. I think in reality the two games that most likely matter are the bills-dolphins and browns-Steelers. Both teams are playing for the three seed. I think Cleveland is at home though. Bills are at home. I dont think the Titans or ravens lose but stranger things have happened. Browns probably have the edge being at home. They will get those WR back because they were only high risk close contacts.

19 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

It's going to be nerve wrecking.  I can see the Colts dominating Jacksonville or playing down to their level.  I can also see Houston beating Tenn.  Honestly it wouldn't shock me worst case scenario if both Houston and Jacksonville won :lol:....................

10 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It’s going to be a free for all next week after seeing what is going on in GB. Even the titans could miss. I think in reality the two games that most likely matter are the bills-dolphins and browns-Steelers. Both teams are playing for the three seed. I think Cleveland is at home though. Bills are at home. I dont think the Titans or ravens lose but stranger things have happened. Browns probably have the edge being at home. They will get those WR back because they were only high risk close contacts.

We haven't lost back-to-back games all season, and I doubt if we do now, with such a weak opponent and so much at stake.

Just now, Lancer1 said:

We haven't lost back-to-back games all season, and I doubt if we do now, with such a weak opponent and so much at stake.

Yeah now would definitely not be the time for the first back to back losses of the season.............at the end of the season!  I hope they come out locked and loaded.  

How about this for a sick joke compliments of the nfl, we get into the playoffs and our first round opponent is a ridiculously talentless team whose qb can't even throw the ball. That's right, we will be back in pittsburgh for round one and yet another automatic loss to a vastly inferior team. Here's something else to think about, we couldn't beat that pitiful team today, we will have a hard time ever beating them. Pathetic.

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

If you really think Irsay will fire Frank after a 10-6 season you don’t know Irsay very well.

Well if we do finish 10-6 that means we lost to the last place team in the league TWICE, Invested 25M in signing Rivers, Traded and invested a boatload of money for a big playmaking 3T who is pro bowl caliber, drafted a great RB in Taylor, acquired a new excellent placekicker in Blankenship, and improved the roster with other FA's and draft picks and what does all of that net you is three more wins and outside looking in with an expanded playoff format.  I don't know Irsay but after all of that I would expect a little more than three wins.  I would not be a happy owner.  

The good thing about next weeks games are all teams that control OUR destiny play at the same time.  The Bills will have to play all their players to keep the second seed.  The Steelers will play all their players for a chance at the second seed.   The Ravens will not loose next week.  Looks like the Titans will get beat and will still win the division.  The Texans will pack it in next week and not show up.   We do have a chance to get in next week if we win.  It just sucks having to hope a team gets beat for our Colts to get in.

Archived