Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Calm down. We can still get in.

CR91

3 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

Gotcha! I just copied and pasted what the Colts front page had written. I read that and I immediately thought wow their's no way the Colts would be in from that statement.

Yeah if just 1 of those teams lose whether it be the Browns or Ravens even we get in if we win. I do think think the Dolphins will lose assuming Buffalo plays their starters. The other 2 not sure. We can still win the division if somehow Houston beats Tennessee and we win which sounds crazy but Watson says he wants to play.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Bills coach was asked about resting starters Sunday. He said no decision has been made. Steelers played a lot of games in a short period. Until both teams say they will play starters don’t count on it quite yet.

I think the Brown beat the Steelers with or without the Steelers starters.  It'll be a close game.

No way the Ravens lose to the Bengals.

Bills/Dolphins is a tough call.  Both are good teams.  The Dolphins have an extra 2 days of rest than the Bills.  I think that is the game that is most likely to fall the Colts way.   Far from a sure thing though.  

Titans/Texans could be close or could be a blowout by the Titans.

The Steelers defense is still great but browns will be out for blood. Dolphins offense isn’t great but if they don’t play Allen it increases the dolphins chances. If we miss I could change my mind with bringing rivers back. To miss at 11-5 would be a dang shame and the season was still successful.  You just can’t lose to a team like the jags and blow that Steelers game and think you deserve to get in. 

33 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Is it just Big Ben not starting or is it all their starters? Big Ben is playing hurt so it makes sense to sit him for a week

This article only mentions Ben but I haven’t seen the Steelers running game beat anyone recently. We saw what Rudolph can do with starting WRs and I don’t think it will be enough to beat the Browns. Then again if their top 4 WRs actually had COVID vs. a close contact we may just luck out because Baker is not good enough to carry his team with practice squad WRs.

Who knows though hopefully the Bills don’t follow suite with resting Allen/Diggs/others. All we can do is hope at this point and beat the Jags. 

4 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

The only thing the 2 seed does is guarantee 2 home games. Nfl messed up by doing this because teams liked the bye week. Don’t count your chickens until you hear the teams say they are going to play their starters.

By adding a 7th seed, the NFL had to eliminate the 2nd playoff bye in order to make it work this year - if they wanted to restore it, (next year going forward, especially if the NFL wants to expand the season to 17 games) 1 good way would be to add an 8th & 9th seed to each conference and then the top 3 teams could all have byes, while #4 plays #9, 5 plays 8 & #6 plays #7 and of course, the following weekend #1 would play the lowest seed remaining while #2 & #3 play the corresponding winners from that round in order of seeding.

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

The Steelers defense is still great but browns will be out for blood. Dolphins offense isn’t great but if they don’t play Allen it increases the dolphins chances. If we miss I could change my mind with bringing rivers back. To miss at 11-5 would be a dang shame and the season was still successful.  You just can’t lose to a team like the jags and blow that Steelers game and think you deserve to get in. 

While the loss to the Jags was distressing, it was Week 1 with a new QB and no preseason games so it was the 1st live action the team had and it took a little time to gel. Nonetheless, this team has yet  to lose consecutive games and I don't think they'll start now. You can point to bad losses like Week 1 & last week as reasons why we don't deserve to make the postseason, but a similar argument can be made referencing our wins against the Titans (the 1st time) & probable NFC top seed Green Bay as reasons why we do.

5 hours ago, Luck is Good said:

It’s going to take Watson being a magician to beat the Titans. It’s possible because the guy is that good. I don’t care that the Texans are 4-11. Watson is an elite player

Watt also called out the Texans D after the Bengals game. I expect them to either give up even more or play like madmen to support Watt and Watson. Hopefully the latter

Texans nearly beat us twice and we are better than Tenn by quite a bit (Won head to head when we had Buckner and we beat Packers despite terrible terrible calls and Green bay sucked the life out of Titans).  I think that game is going to be a nail biter either way. Bills sound like they are all in.....Steelers resting only a few players hurting one is Ben, will be interesting if Rudolph is fired up for revenge.  Dont sleep in Cinn biggest longshot of our darts but B Allen playing lights out and S.Perrine looking like he did back at Oklahoma of late. Going to be a longggg day.

If you told me Colts making playoffs would be to win and hope for help, I chose a team coming in with 14 straight losses and hope I get a chance of help from 2 games we actually get 4.....thats unheard for help.

11 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Texans nearly beat us twice and we are better than Tenn by quite a bit (Won head to head when we had Buckner and we beat Packers despite terrible terrible calls and Green bay sucked the life out of Titans).  I think that game is going to be a nail biter either way. Bills sound like they are all in.....Steelers resting only a few players hurting one is Ben, will be interesting if Rudolph is fired up for revenge.  Dont sleep in Cinn biggest longshot of our darts but B Allen playing lights out and S.Perrine looking like he did back at Oklahoma of late. Going to be a longggg day.

If you told me Colts making playoffs would be to win and hope for help, I chose a team coming in with 14 straight losses and hope I get a chance of help from 2 games we actually get 4.....thats unheard for help.

Brandon Allen will be starting for bengals?

2 minutes ago, Dasteez said:

No reason to play for the 2 seed especially with no crowd noise this year. We very well could be hosed with everyone sitting starters. We’re big Texans fans this week that’s probably our best bet. 

Crowd noise (or lack of it) isn't the only good reason to go for the highest seed possible, I'd put guaranteeing yourself at least 2 home playoff games (and possibly 3 if the top seed gets upset) as a much more attractive attribute of the #2 seed.

The weather in certain cities like Pittsburgh, Chicago, Buffalo, Green Bay, Denver & others is a definite advantage of their home fields, especially when playing against teams from warm weather cities or ones who play most of their games in domed stadiums.

1 hour ago, Lancer1 said:

Crowd noise (or lack of it) isn't the only good reason to go for the highest seed possible, I'd put guaranteeing yourself at least 2 home playoff games (and possibly 3 if the top seed gets upset) as a much more attractive attribute of the #2 seed.

The weather in certain cities like Pittsburgh, Chicago, Buffalo, Green Bay, Denver & others is a definite advantage of their home fields, especially when playing against teams from warm weather cities or ones who play most of their games in domed stadiums.

Home field a huge advantage , no travel.......worth points crowd or not.

31 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Home field a huge advantage , no travel.......worth points crowd or not.

well it’s worth noting it looks like the Steelers intend to rest their starters tied at 12-3 with #3 seed currently.

last year apparently the Bills sat starters after 2 quarters at #5 seed. 

it could happen. I think the Bills may actually choose to play the dolphins if they are the ones that could make it in and they would have to play them. On the other hand if you play your backups, you watch their game planning, and then come back prepared if you meet in the playoffs.

The browns may very well not enough quality players to win the game. The bills have to realistically think that he Steelers still come out on top due to what’s unfolding . Don’t see them resting now.... We just need to take care of business and beat Jacksonville 

27 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Well

I think the NFL passed passed a vote that’ll expand the playoffs if Covid badly effects a playoff team. forcing even the 1st seed to play the 8th. That’ll suck for the Chiefs since they earned a bye.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-owners-unanimously-approve-playoff-expansion-if-covid-19-forces-cancellation

2 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

I think the NFL passed passed a vote that’ll expand the playoffs if Covid badly effects a playoff team. forcing even the 1st seed to play the 8th. That’ll suck for the Chiefs since they earned a bye.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-owners-unanimously-approve-playoff-expansion-if-covid-19-forces-cancellation

I don't think that'll come into play based on this portion of the article you posted:

This proposed scenario would only become a reality if the league cannot first complete the meaningful games rescheduled in a possible Week 18. Essentially, playoff expansion will only come about as a third option in the event the league cannot complete the 256-game season as scheduled within 17 weeks or within 18 weeks, with the 18th week added solely to complete the 256-game schedule prior to postseason play.

1 hour ago, Shive said:

I don't think that'll come into play based on this portion of the article you posted:

Plus there has been a sharp change in the NFL’s approach to COVID.  They aren’t nearly as willing to move games around like they were early in the season,  since they made the Broncos play without a QB they have just been making teams play through it.

14 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Plus there has been a sharp change in the NFL’s approach to COVID.  They aren’t nearly as willing to move games around like they were early in the season,  since they made the Broncos play without a QB they have just been making teams play through it.

It’s just the inconsistency of their approach. They did a lot to help out the Ravens and Titans. Yet with the Broncos they didn’t even consider helping them. Maybe because the first two are playoff contenders while the Broncos aren’t but that’s still kinda messed up.

1 minute ago, JediXMan said:

It’s just the inconsistency of their approach. They did a lot to help out the Ravens and Titans. Yet with the Broncos they didn’t even consider helping them. Maybe because the first two are playoff contenders while the Broncos aren’t but that’s still kinda messed up.

I just think as the year went along they realized how much moving games really messed with teams and how hard it was for the schedule, especially after a team had their bye.  They really didn’t want to push their playoff schedule back because that would have made life hard on their tv partners so I think it became get the games unless we absolutely can’t.  

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I just think as the year went along they realized how much moving games really messed with teams and how hard it was for the schedule, especially after a team had their bye.  They really didn’t want to push their playoff schedule back because that would have made life hard on their tv partners so I think it became get the games unless we absolutely can’t.  

With how rampant Covid problem still is I can see it messing up a lot of playoff teams chances when it starts. I’m surprised how lucky the NFL has been during this season with Covid tbh.

Archived