Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Calm down. We can still get in.

CR91

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Rumor has it Texans will be sitting Watson next week.

I'll believe that when I see it - if you're Romeo Crennel, you're not going to want to end your interim Head Coaching career with an embarrassing loss and if you sit your best offensive weapon, that's just what you'll get.

15 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Rumor has it Texans will be sitting Watson next week.

We shall see.  I am not saying it will or won’t happen but I don’t get it if it does.  What is he more at risk of getting hurt vs the Titans than any other game they have played since they were eliminated from the playoffs?

6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Watson has some nagging injuries.

It's Week 17, everyone is a little dinged up but this is Houston's last game win, lose or tie and I think they sell out to win it - who wants to tell JJ Watt to lay down in what might be his last game as a Texan?

5 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

It's Week 17, everyone is a little dinged up but this is Houston's last game win, lose or tie and I think they sell out to win it - who wants to tell JJ Watt to lay down in what might be his last game as a Texan?

Check out his post game today.  Watt is not a happy camper.

Uhhh Watson already said he will play week 17

so unless something changes that it won't be too easy for the Titans

titans got lucky and won in OT first game vs Texans also got lucky with the OT win vs Ravens and all the close wins early on... maybe the Titans "luck" has run out ... as it did for the Colts a couple seasons ago (hehehe) 

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

So let me see. U say they still should have run it? Lets say the Steelers came out in a dime package would u still say pass it? The problem is that they didn't execute.

Our wrs aren't  that good so no surprise there.  Tes are average  to. Should have brought in extra blockers and ran it. Would have burned  more time of the clock.

28 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

So let me see. U say they still should have run it? Lets say the Steelers came out in a dime package would u still say pass it? The problem is that they didn't execute.

I don’t care what look the Steelers showed. Your up 17 with backup tackles. You dictate not let the other team dictate what you do.  They didn’t even try. 

3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t care what look the Steelers showed. Your up 17 with backup tackles. You dictate not let the other team dictate what you do.  They didn’t even try. 

Hmmmm. So u dont want to  try and establish the  pass because u have back up tackles but u r confident u can establish the run in the 2nd half with back up tackles and the Steelers playing 8 in the box?

6 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

All 11-5 teams are getting in the playoffs this season bank on it. Odds all that all five 10-5 teams win to go 11-5 is 40-1 or 2.5% ...1 or more will lose and finish 10-6 and one will miss out.

It's really gonna stink for a 10 or 11 win AFC sitting at home, watching a 6 or at most 7 win NFC East Champion not only in the playoffs, but also hosting a game! :hissy:

22 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Hmmmm. So u dont want to  try and establish the  pass because u have back up tackles but u r confident u can establish the run in the 2nd half with back up tackles and the Steelers playing 8 in the box?

If the Steelers D effectively adjusted to stopping the ground game that propelled us in the 1st half, it makes our 2nd half futility in the air that much more befuddling.

FTR, I do very much agree that the absence of AC and Smith hurt us offensively - especially after Holden went down.  Webb was...well, I understand why he was #2 on the PS.

But I don’t think this gets Reich and Sirianni off the hook.

27 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I have more confidence in Taylor then two backup tackles going against  the best dline in the game.  Put some TE our there to block so you can go run heavy. Ask your WR to block. They are supposed to be good at it. Reich didn’t adjust. 

10 minutes ago, coltsva said:

When Colts were 1st and 10 at own 2 yard line, I was expecting to see Brissett come in for a QB sneak to get a couple yards breathing room. Some of his sneaks have netted twice that, even against short yardage D.

I thought the samething.  That seemed like the perfect time for the Jacoby package.  

20 minutes ago, coltsva said:

When Colts were 1st and 10 at own 2 yard line, I was expecting to see Brissett come in for a QB sneak to get a couple yards breathing room. Some of his sneaks have netted twice that, even against short yardage D.

He had sneaks for 4 yards?

Not doubting you, I just don't remember seeing it.  I would have been OK with it.  

I wanted to see a short pass to Hines out of the backfield.  

38 minutes ago, Myles said:

He had sneaks for 4 yards?

Not doubting you, I just don't remember seeing it.  I would have been OK with it.  

I wanted to see a short pass to Hines out of the backfield.  

Rewatch the first Texans game I think when he sneaked for a TD from two or three yards out.  

Also I would have liked the see package there to make the Steelers honor the sneak and then done a similar pitch play that they ran in the first half with Taylor to the outside that got big yardage.  Focus everyone on the middle and then go wide.  

20 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

If the Colts do somehow get in they'll probably face this red hot Bills team.

vincegif.gif

No. Most likely we'd play the Steelers. The dolphins will play the bills if the bills colts and Steelers win.

12 minutes ago, CR91 said:

No. Most likely we'd play the Steelers. The dolphins will play the bills if the bills colts and Steelers win.

I'm assuming Steelers resting starters Vegas has it +6.5. Bills aren't going to rest and gunning for that 2nd seed. Colts did this to themselves if they just handled business. Watson could play spoiler and give us the AFC south. Week 17 is going to be wild.

17 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

I'm assuming Steelers resting starters Vegas has it +6.5. Bills aren't going to rest and gunning for that 2nd seed. Colts did this to themselves if they just handled business. Watson could play spoiler and give us the AFC south. Week 17 is going to be wild.

Steelers are still playing for the number two seed so I don’t expect them to rest the starters.

24 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

It is because the game is at Cleveland, the ESPN indicator is showing Ben as playing and they give Pitt a 63% of winning despite the spread.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is because the game is at Cleveland, the ESPN indicator is showing Ben as playing and they give Pitt a 63% of winning despite the spread.

We'll see so many scenarios the Colts can end up 4th, 6th. 7th seeds or miss the playoffs. It's going to be will week 17.

Colts defeat the Jaguars, coupled with a loss or tie by: the Baltimore Ravens on the road against the Cincinnati Bengals (4-10-1); the Cleveland Browns at home against the Pittsburgh Steelers (12-3); or the Miami Dolphins on the road against the Buffalo Bills (11-3).

Going to be super tough. I doubt the Ravens will lose against the Bengals. I think we're done.

18 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

Colts defeat the Jaguars, coupled with a loss or tie by: the Baltimore Ravens on the road against the Cincinnati Bengals (4-10-1); the Cleveland Browns at home against the Pittsburgh Steelers (12-3); or the Miami Dolphins on the road against the Buffalo Bills (11-3).

Going to be super tough. I doubt the Ravens will lose against the Bengals. I think we're done.

Ravens game is irrelevant. The Dolphins and Browns are in deep trouble Bills will be gunning for the 2nd seed. I’ll be surprised if they both win.

18 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

Huh, NO. Only 1 of those teams has to lose and if we win we get in. All 3 doesn't have to happen. Vegas has our odds of making the playoffs at 75% still. Miami isn't winning at Buffalo, Buffalo wants that 2nd seed to at least get 2 home games and Miami is a huge rival so they would love to knock them out.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Huh, NO. Only 1 of those teams has to lose and if we win we get in. All 3 doesn't have to happen. Vegas has our odds of making the playoffs at 75% still. Miami isn't winning at Buffalo, Buffalo wants that 2nd seed to at least get 2 home games and Miami is a huge rival so they would love to knock them out.

Gotcha! I just copied and pasted what the Colts front page had written. I read that and I immediately thought wow their's no way the Colts would be in from that statement.

Archived