Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Calm down. We can still get in.

CR91

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

Well if we do finish 10-6 that means we lost to the last place team in the league TWICE, Invested 25M in signing Rivers, Traded and invested a boatload of money for a big playmaking 3T who is pro bowl caliber, drafted a great RB in Taylor, acquired a new excellent placekicker in Blankenship, and improved the roster with other FA's and draft picks and what does all of that net you is three more wins and outside looking in with an expanded playoff format.  I don't know Irsay but after all of that I would expect a little more than three wins.  I would not be a happy owner.  

I didn’t say Irsay would be happy but he’s not firing a coach after a 10-6 season when you can point to three of those loses and say they lost you can point to COVID or key injuries to key players as being a key reason why.  

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AlanNC said:

The good thing about next weeks games are all teams that control OUR destiny play at the same time.  The Bills will have to play all their players to keep the second seed.  The Steelers will play all their players for a chance at the second seed.   The Ravens will not loose next week.  Looks like the Titans will get beat and will still win the division.  The Texans will pack it in next week and not show up.   We do have a chance to get in next week if we win.  It just sucks having to hope a team gets beat for our Colts to get in.

Not so fast on the Titans losing. 

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

I didn’t say Irsay would be happy but he’s not firing a coach after a 10-6 season when you can point to three of those loses and say they lost you can point to COVID or key injuries to key players as being a key reason why.  

We were one of the least teams effected by Covid.  Only recently did it rear it's ugly head.  Injuries are no excuse.  All teams deal with those.  Heck Pittsburgh didn't even have a bye week and they beat us missing more starters than us.  Thanks to a terrible coaching performance we lost today. He will probably save himself with a win against the Jags but if he doesn't win we'll see.  

7 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

We were one of the least teams effected by Covid.  Only recently did it rear it's ugly head.  Injuries are no excuse.  All teams deal with those.  Heck Pittsburgh didn't even have a bye week and they beat us missing more starters than us.  Thanks to a terrible coaching performance we lost today. He will probably save himself with a win against the Jags but if he doesn't win we'll see.  

Yea today's  loss was more poor coaching  than injury

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

You telling me the Titans game and today’s game doesn’t go differently if they don’t have Taylor, Buckner and Autry in the first one and Smith today?  Irsay isn’t going to over look that even if they were one of the least impacted teams in the league from it.  

Aside from Caldwell he has shown to be extremely patient with head coaches and has never fired one after a winning season.  He saw his dad do that with Marchibroda and learned from it.  

5 minutes ago, AlanNC said:

That is why Rivers can't be the QB next year.  We need a QB that can pass and run.

I got news your Eason isn’t mobile either.  Also for the bulk of the season Rivers has played well.  Odds are pretty high unless he retires he’s going to be the QB here next year even if people don’t like it.

9 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Yea today's  loss was more poir coaching  than injury

The Colts gave up five sacks you don’t think missing both starting tackles was an issue?  Not saying the play calling in the second half was good.  It wasn’t, rather it was from a Reich or Rivers changing the plays, but why wasn’t it good?  Oh yeah they were missing both starting tackles.  

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

The Colts gave up five sacks you don’t think missing both starting tackles was an issue?  Not saying the play calling in the second half was good.  It wasn’t, rather it was from a Reich or Rivers changing the plays, but why wasn’t it good?  Oh yeah they were missing both starting tackles.  

Please, We had a 17 POINT LEAD  missing both starting tackles.  That's when we ran the ball BTW.  Reich went away from it in the middle of the 3rd qtr.  More passing opens the door for more sacks.  Bad coaching on his part.  

7 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

We were up big and blew it. That has nothing  to do with the tackles and  everything  to do with play calling and execution 

12 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

You telling me the Titans game and today’s game doesn’t go differently if they don’t have Taylor, Buckner and Autry in the first one and Smith today?  Irsay isn’t going to over look that even if they were one of the least impacted teams in the league from it.  

Aside from Caldwell he has shown to be extremely patient with head coaches and has never fired one after a winning season.  He saw his dad do that with Marchibroda and learned from it.  

I got news your Eason isn’t mobile either.  Also for the bulk of the season Rivers has played well.  Odds are pretty high unless he retires he’s going to be the QB here next year even if people don’t like it.

He is not my Eason.   And I hope Rivers is one and done.  

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Please, We had a 17 POINT LEAD  missing both starting tackles.  That's when we ran the ball BTW.  Reich went away from it in the middle of the 3rd qtr.  More passing opens the door for more sacks.  Bad coaching on his part.  

And as I said in my post I am not defending the decision to go away from it.  I saying why it was a problem.  The starting tackles weren’t there for those that are trying to say that wasn’t a factor.  If they are there I doubt the Colts give up five sacks and i doubt the issue to pass is as big of a deal.  With that said they weren’t which is why it was a poor decision.  Also some of that was Rivers changing the plays so it wasn’t all coaching.  You are trying to over simplify this.  

3 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

So with Tennessee losing (at the moment), ho do we still win the AFC South? Victory next week and a Titans loss to Houston?

Yes, if they lose tonite and again next weekend, we'll be 11-5 and they'll be 10-6, as long as we beat Jacksonville.

4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

He never went away from it. Pitts played 8 in the box. They dared the Colts to run. The Colts did the right thing by throwing to win. The problem is that they couldnt execute. Any good offence takes what the defense gives them. 

1 minute ago, Lancer1 said:

Yes, if they lose tonite and again next weekend, we'll be 11-5 and they'll be 10-6, as long as we beat Jacksonville.

Texans won't  beat titans. Not without  fuller

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

He never went away from it. Pitts played 8 in the box. They dared the Colts to run. The Colts did the right thing by throwing to win. The problem is that they couldnt execute. Any good offence takes what the defense gives them. 

Still should  have run it

6 minutes ago, Stephen said:

We were up big and blew it. That has nothing  to do with the tackles and  everything  to do with play calling and execution 

And why was it bad play calling and execution?  Because the tackles weren’t there.  The Colts gave up five sacks today.  Going into today Rivers was averaging being sacked like once a game.  If both tackles are there they don’t give up that many sacks in all likely hood and they probably have more success throwing it.  As it is they didn’t have them so that’s what made what they called poor decisions.  So yes the tackles being out were a huge issue as was the play calling rather it was done by Frank or Rivers.  You cant rail about one without at least acknowledging the other one was a factor.  

6 hours ago, CR91 said:

The browns losing actually helps us because if we win next week then the only way we don't get in is if the dolphins, Ravens, and browns all win.

Dolphins vs Bill

Ravens vs Bengals

Browns vs Steelers

Bills have already clinched AFC East. Nothing really to play for since very little difference between 2 or 3 seed since only K.C. will get a bye. Dolphins probably win.

Ravens probably beat the hapless Bengals without Burrow. 

Steelers have already clinched the AFC North so have no incentive to play to win this game.  

Colts likely to be left on outside looking in.  Really needed to handle our own business today. Blew golden opportunity to control our own destiny.  Now odds of any help next week from others are not very likely due to above. 

6 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

And why was it bad play calling and execution?  Because the tackles weren’t there.  The Colts gave up five sacks today.  Going into today Rivers was averaging being sacked like once a game.  If both tackles are there they don’t give up that many sacks in all likely hood and they probably have more success throwing it.  As it is they didn’t have them so that’s what made what they called poor decisions.  So yes the tackles being out were a huge issue as was the play calling rather it was done by Frank or Rivers.  You cant rail about one without at least acknowledging the other one was a factor.  

Would we have won with tackles who know. My point is we had no business  losing  even without them.

Yes, JT should have been used more, even if theystack the box, with JT's strength and speed, would have been able to break through the box.....That's why Reich should surrender his play calling if we're going to go deep in the playoffs. Probably too late now to do that.  Well, as they say, wait til next year.

2 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Would we have won with tackles who know. My point is we had no business  losing  even without them.

I am not saying if they were winning with the tackles.  I am saying the reason the play calls were bad was because they were missing the starting tackles.  If they have them it’s probably not as bad.  As it was they didn’t so it was dumb.  Again, I am not defending the play calling I am just saying why it was bad when people are saying oh the tackles being out weren’t a factor.  Reality they were a huge factor.  Doesn’t make what the Colts did on offense smart it’s still dumb.  

9 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Bills have already clinched AFC East. Nothing really to play for since very little difference between 2 or 3 seed since only K.C. will get a bye. Dolphins probably win.

Steelers have already clinched the AFC North so have no incentive to play to win this game.  

Colts likely to be left on outside looking in.  Really needed to handle our own business today. Blew golden opportunity to control our own destiny.  Now odds of any help next week from others are not very likely due to above. 

There's a big difference between 2 and 3 especially depending who you wanna play in the first and second round.

7 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

The difference between the 2 & 3 seeds is ensuring 2 home playoff games vice only 1 - both Pittsburgh & Buffalo will be going for that, and playing hard.

Just now, Lancer1 said:

The difference between the 2 & 3 seeds is ensuring 2 home playoff games vice only 1 - both Pittsburgh & Buffalo will be going for that, and playing hard.

And Pittsburgh and Buffalo are two of the best home field advantages in the league for things that have nothing to do with the fans.

5 minutes ago, CR91 said:

There's a big difference between 2 and 3 especially depending who you wanna play in the first and second round.

The thing is they aren’t going to know that before the games start.  They are going to know they can not leave home if they are the number two seed unless it’s to go to KC in the AFCCG.  If your a team like the Bills that hasn’t won a playoff game since the 90’s or the Steelers who are admittedly drained that’s a very big thing.

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

The thing is they aren’t going to know that before the games start.  They are going to know they can not leave home if they are the number two seed unless it’s to go to KC in the AFCCG.  If your a team like the Bills that hasn’t won a playoff game since the 90’s or the Steelers who are admittedly drained that’s a very big thing.

All I'm saying is, the bills and Steelers do have something to play for. Their not sitting their starters.

1 minute ago, JediXMan said:

Apparently Colts will play 4pm after the Ravens, Browns, Dolphins games. Titans also play at 4pm. I don’t know if that’s an advantage or not.

It will be, they'll  know whether or not they can secure a playoff berth with a win even if Tennessee beats Houston.

This team is not mentally tough enough to compete for a SB.  It's all fun and games when they score, run to the end zone, and pose and dance in front of the big screen.  But at the end of the game, they walk off the field with their tails between their legs after another crushing loss.  We have the talent, we are missing the winning mentality. 

9 minutes ago, CR91 said:

There is a scenario where Buffalo could decide that Miami is the better 1st rd matchup rather than potentially facing us and let just say plays vanilla against Dolphins.

Regardless, it is incredibly frustrating to be in position where we are relying on help especially after losing the way we did against a team that was clearly struggling offensively

4 minutes ago, SR711 said:

There is a scenario where Buffalo could decide that Miami is the better 1st rd matchup rather than potentially facing us and let just say plays vanilla against Dolphins.

Regardless, it is incredibly frustrating to be in position where we are relying on help especially after losing the way we did against a team that was clearly struggling offensively

Honestly, that loss wasn't completely on us. The refs were terrible. Every PI call went the Steelers way. Hell, Rock had a pick six, but Claypool pushes him and no call for offensive PI. 

Archived