Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vikings Colts Predictions

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Vikings defense was asleep today against the Packers, but then again it was a division game against Aaron Rodgers. If the Jags were able to disrupt us with a meager pass rush, I wonder what will h

Uh prediction start Adam Thielen in fantasy against the soft zone defense of the colts. 

Im expecting we'll get after Cousins.  He's not near as mobile as Minshew and I don't think we'll see as much of the moving pocket stuff.  People are complaining but we had 3 sacks on Minshew in a gam

Posted Images

The Vikings defense was asleep today against the Packers, but then again it was a division game against Aaron Rodgers. If the Jags were able to disrupt us with a meager pass rush, I wonder what will happen against one of the best ones in the league?

We’ve got to get angry and not lay over like we did today. And for the love of all things holy we need to just give up on zone defense.  Otherwise Cousins will probably throw a perfect game with 0 incompletions and 4 touchdowns. We might be setting a record for how many pass completions are allowed by a defense... it’s that bad... 

• Like 6
1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Cousins is another accurate QB and with cook it probably won’t go well. Hopefully this team plans better then they did for today.

I really hope Rivers doesn't throw it 45+ times

• Like 3

Im expecting we'll get after Cousins.  He's not near as mobile as Minshew and I don't think we'll see as much of the moving pocket stuff.  People are complaining but we had 3 sacks on Minshew in a game where we supposedly didn't pressure much. 

• Like 4

Isn't it sad how many fans really do see how history is? The Colts have always had trouble with the Jags. For some reason, we never beat them when we should. Even In the Manning years, we always had trouble with them no matter how bad they are. Also, it is our QBs first game with these guys no matter how much you practice, you dont have that same feel, so it sucks with No Preseason. The Vikings game should be good, and us pull out. You know that TY is * that he dropped those balls today and he is gonna get it back. Rivers need to protect the ball better, but one of the INTs was also having a guy right in his face. Defense is the biggest concern. We need to get more of a push upfront and cover. Hopefully since Cousins doesnt run, we have a few more sacks. 

• Like 1

Let a QB get comfortable like Minshew was and he will have a good day. Then you have WRs running free all over the field. Then a team who forced no turnovers. One incompletion thrown is awful.

I don’t know what next week will bring but I do know Cook is better than the Jags RB, who didn’t look too bad today 

I was shocked at how inconsistent we were against the run and how soft we played against the pass. The question in my mind is; are those things correctable?

No reason to believe the Colts can’t play better and win.

Colts 28

Vikings 24

• Like 1

Rivers hasn’t been good against Vikings defense historically. It was the Chargers only blowout loss last year. 

Given that passing efficiency (excluding 2 ugly turnovers) was only bright spot yesterday, I don’t have high expectations vs Vikings. But maybe we can fix the run game and the entire defense this week. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, RollerColt said:

The Vikings defense was asleep today against the Packers, but then again it was a division game against Aaron Rodgers. If the Jags were able to disrupt us with a meager pass rush, I wonder what will happen against one of the best ones in the league?

We’ve got to get angry and not lay over like we did today. And for the love of all things holy we need to just give up on zone defense.  Otherwise Cousins will probably throw a perfect game with 0 incompletions and 4 touchdowns. We might be setting a record for how many pass completions are allowed by a defense... it’s that bad... 

Like I said earlier, let’s make sure our strengths remain strengths. OL got beat at critical junctures, DL got pushed around and our veteran QB made critical mistakes. 6 YPC, did I read that right for Jags and 19/20 for Minshew?

Vikings 31 Colts 24

22 minutes ago, Bolts2Colts said:

Rivers hasn’t been good against Vikings defense historically. It was the Chargers only blowout loss last year. 

Given that passing efficiency (excluding 2 ugly turnovers) was only bright spot yesterday, I don’t have high expectations vs Vikings. But maybe we can fix the run game and the entire defense this week. 

Especially distressing was the 2007 game in which Adrian Peterson set the single game rushing yardage record, only 4 yards shy of 300!

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Like I said earlier, let’s make sure our strengths remain strengths. OL got beat at critical junctures, DL got pushed around and our veteran QB made critical mistakes. 6 YPC, did I read that right for Jags and 19/20 for Minshew?

Vikings 31 Colts 24

Yes you read that correctly. Allow any QB to have that kind of % and we'll lose every time. 

I'm calling out Braden Smith this week. He was consistently being pushed around and needs to be a lot better. One has to think the most of the starting line was playing injured with how bad we were. Run blocking and pass protection was not on par with the high expectations. I re-watched parts of the game this morning, and what I noticed most was that there was a Jags defender in the backfield on nearly every snap. It disrupted River's timing and then forced him into costly mistakes. 

The line better come out next week hungry and frankly ticked off. They know they can be better than this. 

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Yes you read that correctly. Allow any QB to have that kind of % and we'll lose every time. 

I'm calling out Braden Smith this week. He was consistently being pushed around and needs to be a lot better. One has to think the most of the starting line was playing injured with how bad we were. Run blocking and pass protection was not on par with the high expectations. I re-watched parts of the game this morning, and what I noticed most was that there was a Jags defender in the backfield on nearly every snap. It disrupted River's timing and then forced him into costly mistakes. 

The line better come out next week hungry and frankly ticked off. They know they can be better than this. 

The oline did miss a lot of practice with injury. AC has the oblique. Smith missed time with a foot. Kelly had a knee issue. Nelson the back. They were healthy enough to play but all missed time in TC.

• Like 1

Vikings 28

Colts 14

I see the Vikings controlling the clock with Cook for a large portion of the game, and Cousins doing what Minshew did yesterday in the pass game. The Vikings defense isn't as good as last year, but it won't matter without Mack.

Colts 31 

Vikings 27

Colts always lose the first game of the season which is usually against a division rival, regardless of how good/bad that team was. Reich never starts out hot or end the season well, but the team seems to pick up around game 2/3 until week 11 or so...

The defense will be way more inspired and Rivers will probably only have one cruddy Interception instead of two. This team has talent, but they also have some crappy habits that they have to improve if they want a chance in the playoffs

Taylor will have an 100 yard rushing performance and 50+ receiving yards.

4 hours ago, Lancer1 said:

Especially distressing was the 2007 game in which Adrian Peterson set the single game rushing yardage record, only 4 yards shy of 300!

Sky was falling after that embarrassment and yet that same year the Chargers got to AFCCG. 

This Colts defense has a lot of talent so hopefully the scheme and communication issues can be fixed. 

6 hours ago, runthepost said:

Uh prediction start Adam Thielen in fantasy against the soft zone defense of the colts. 

Hey...Thielen can get his for my FF team...and the Colts still win. Actually...preferably...the Colts get up big and then MIN plays catch up against the soft zone.

23 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I wouldn't exactly say they are much better 

I think they are a much better team than JAC...but the Colts are also a better team they showed on Sunday...at least I hope they are.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, shasta519 said:

I think they are a much better team than JAC...but the Colts are also a better team they showed on Sunday...at least I hope they are.

That's kind of how I feel, lol.  Both teams are actually much better than they showed week one.  I would give the edge to the Colts due to home field advantage but that doesn't really seem to mean much this year!  I literally cannot even predict this one, nor would I bet on it.  It's going to be a nail biter for sure.