Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vikings Colts Predictions

danlhart87

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Originally I had us winning yesterday and losing to the Vikings. I think we find a way to pull this one out now. Rivers wasn't why we lost yesterday. Our defense allowing 19-20 completions is still mind boggling and Mack getting injured didn't help was 2 major reasons why we lost. What is up with Hilton dropping balls too?? Taylor and Hines will be prepared to carry the load next Sunday and I am sure our defense will make adjustments. The Vikings defense looked worse than ours yesterday in reality. Rivers should throw for a lot of yards again.

Colts win 30-27 but I am still glass half full, they know falling to 0-2 is a hole and teams that fall to 0-2 lifetime make the playoffs only 20% of the time. Last season with JB we even won game 2 at Tennessee to get to 1-1.

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

Both teams will

I agree, but I think the Vikings have the better team.   If the Colts were the only team "extra motivated" , I think it would help the Colts.  I think the Vikings gave up 522 yards of offense to the Packers.  I think the Viking have a pretty good defense too.   Can't tell from yesterday, but they will have a chip on their shoulder.  

We'll play better but lose again.... 0-2.  I think Phil Rivers is out of sync and hurrying his play.  Defensively, they are going to exploit Xavier Rhodes all day. It is going to be ugly.  As for Reich and Sirianni, they better get their plans to face a very difficult defense. This quick slant stuff is only going to get your WR killed. Bottomline: If Reich is an RPO genius, he will be a SUPER genius to do it with a lame QB. Only saving grace is if bring in a real FB to block and block. 

Note to Chris Ballard: Your secondary sucks.... hope they prove us wrong.

9 hours ago, rockywoj said:

I was at that game!

You must attend many games. I recall you wrote that you were going to the 2016 game, the one where the Colts spanked the Vikes. Luck had a great game, possibly one of his best. The Colts' suspect OL played well against what was then a top DL. Colts play well against the Vikes. Rivers has not played great against the Vikes the last 2 times he played. I seem to remember him being sacked a lot.

Good luck. 

9 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

You must attend many games. I recall you wrote that you were going to the 2016 game, the one where the Colts spanked the Vikes. Luck had a great game, possibly one of his best. The Colts' suspect OL played well against what was then a top DL. Colts play well against the Vikes. Rivers has not played great against the Vikes the last 2 times he played. I seem to remember him being sacked a lot.

Good luck. 

Living in Winnipeg, Canada, I don’t get to too many games, but I do try to get to one or two a year.  Minneapolis is the closest venue (a 7.5 hour drive), but I want to hit up as many different stadiums as possible.  Been to games in Minnie, Green Bay, Oakland, Miami, San Diego, Arizona, Tampa Bay, and of course, Indy. A lot more cities to get to!

The last game I was able to get to was the Colts playoff loss in KC in January, 2019.  (My son & I in full Colts garb were inundated with snow balls! lol) Didn’t get to a game last season, and now with Covid travel restrictions, likely won’t get to a game this year either. :(  Though if the Colts have a date at Raymond James Stadium in February 2021, I will do my darnedest to talk my son into treating his dear old dad to his first SuperBowl. Fingers crossed. :)

On 9/13/2020 at 7:23 PM, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Isn't it sad how many fans really do see how history is? The Colts have always had trouble with the Jags. For some reason, we never beat them when we should. Even In the Manning years, we always had trouble with them no matter how bad they are. Also, it is our QBs first game with these guys no matter how much you practice, you dont have that same feel, so it sucks with No Preseason. The Vikings game should be good, and us pull out. You know that TY is * that he dropped those balls today and he is gonna get it back. Rivers need to protect the ball better, but one of the INTs was also having a guy right in his face. Defense is the biggest concern. We need to get more of a push upfront and cover. Hopefully since Cousins doesnt run, we have a few more sacks. 

I love it how people justify the loss by " saying we always have trouble with the Jags". This is s borderline expansion team.  Thry have traded away al their talent. Like i said before. Ballard has supposedly been builsing and adding talent for the lsst 2 years.  Thr Jags habe been dumping talent the last 2. People want to give thr GM and orgsnization s pass by saying" we always have trouble against the jags"? Superbowl and elite teams dont lose like this.

48 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I love it how people justify the loss by " saying we always have trouble with the Jags". This is s borderline expansion team.  Thry have traded away al their talent. Like i said before. Ballard has supposedly been builsing and adding talent for the lsst 2 years.  Thr Jags habe been dumping talent the last 2. People want to give thr GM and orgsnization s pass by saying" we always have trouble against the jags"? Superbowl and elite teams dont lose like this.

Pretty much about like the Pats losing to a crappy Dolphins team twice in 2 different years with HFA on the line but yeah elite teams never do that lmao . Think before you post. 

32 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Pretty much about like the Pats losing to a crappy Dolphins team twice in 2 different years with HFA on the line but yeah elite teams never do that lmao . Think before you post. 

Ummmmm.......They have won 6 championships.  When they lose to the Dolphins, they can use the exscuse that they dint play well against them. The Colts minus Andrew Luck have won nothing. 

52 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Thanks 2006, these are still NFL players any of them can come out on a given week and beat someone. As us being baseball fans, we see this way more often. Just cuz on paper a team should be bad, doesnt mean they cant get lucky in a week or play better against the division especially since they see them each year

2 minutes ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

I imagine the team's confidence is a bit shaken after the Jags game.

Everything points to the Vikings winning this one, unfortunately.  We are gonna need every unit to improve this week to have a chance.

34-17 Vikings

Hope I'm wrong.

Nah we will win Sunday, we always win when it is least expected, we lose to teams like the Jags and Dolphins though lmao 

1 minute ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Thanks 2006, these are still NFL players any of them can come out on a given week and beat someone. As us being baseball fans, we see this way more often. Just cuz on paper a team should be bad, doesnt mean they cant get lucky in a week or play better against the division especially since they see them each year

Exactly, we see it in Baseball all the time. Nobody on earth picked the Nats to beat the Dodgers in the playoffs but last year they did.

Still on the optimistic side of the season for me.

Leonard and company respond and show up. Offense figures itself out and we have some nice conversations to read on here Sunday into Monday.

I can still dream, it's Sept not Dec yet.

Most of yall definitely didn't watch the Vikings game this sunday. Cousins had 3 completions in the first half and 2 of those were their first 2 plays of the game. He had 7 completions before going into the 4th quarter where he and the rest of the vikings got a bunch of garbage time stats. Their defense has been good in recent history but is a liability this season. This is a very winnable game. 

Colts 30 - Vikings 23

16 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Exactly, we see it in Baseball all the time. Nobody on earth picked the Nats to beat the Dodgers in the playoffs but last year they did.

Or even us lose to the Pirates a couple weeks back. It is such a crapshoot with predictions once you play your own division as they just know something more

I think we will win on Sunday and overall I think we will keep progressing offensively more and more as the season moves along. Especially if we stay away from having this guy throw 46 attempts. Keep his attempts around 30ish or less and keep the ground game moving. I like some of the things i saw from Taylor. We have an explosive group. Defensively speaking i think weve got the right guys on the D line. Im expecting we will get after Cousins this Sunday. Only real worries i have are in the secondary. I will see what adjustments we make to help me change my mind.

18 hours ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

I'll go 21-10 Colts.  I think we lean heavy on Taylor (100+ yards rushing).  I think the defense bounces back.  Also I say this interesting stat about Reich coached teams:

Two ways to look at this tweet:

1) After the Colts lose to a team that finished under .500, the Colts are 6-1, signaling good coaching by Reich.

2) Under Reich's short tenure as coach for the Colts (2018 & 2019), they have lost to a team that finished below .500 seven times, signaling poor coaching.

On 9/13/2020 at 8:57 PM, krunk said:

Im expecting we'll get after Cousins.  He's not near as mobile as Minshew and I don't think we'll see as much of the moving pocket stuff.  People are complaining but we had 3 sacks on Minshew in a game where we supposedly didn't pressure much. 

Just because we had sack on the guy does not mean anything especially since his QBR was 95.0. I dont care if he was sacked 9 times we could not cover.

5 minutes ago, Freenyfan102 said:

Just because we had sack on the guy does not mean anything especially since his QBR was 95.0. I dont care if he was sacked 9 times we could not cover.

Since when does a sack mean nothing?  Most everything he did was high percentage throws anyway.

Throws that are not very hard to complete.  Stuff like throwing to a back out the backfield or real quick

throw that is very hard to stop.   Anyways the point of my post is to say our pass rush is more than decent. 

The pass rush is really not the area of concern. 

Yeah we didn't cover well but plenty of teams play sloppy disorganized football on the first game of the season and then they tighten up from there as the season progresses. Hopefully we make our adjustments and tighten up starting next week as well. 

Archived