Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck has been playing with fractured ribs?

oldunclemark

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he truley has fractured ribs, he needs to sit a few more weeks.  Even with the MEAT of our schedule coming up.  MH gives Indy a shot with him playing to the teams strength, and a fully healed Luck is more important for playoff's than mid season.

On a side note:  

If he truly has fractures, then Grigson and Pagano has been lying to EVERYONE.  If Irsay knows, then he needs to do something about lying in the organization.  As far as I can tell, Irsay, and Pagano has not commented on this new report, but Grigson has, and swears it's just shoulder, no rib injury.  If Luck does have rib injury, that is cause enough in my opinion to fire Grigson alone.

Some posters are calling out Colts' organization on Luck's known (shoulder) and recently revealed (fractured ribs) injury and since Manning injury rightly do so, as we all are anxius about our franchise QB.

I'm rather a fence sitter, as I don't know how serious his injuries are and have no idea on the timeline of healing such injuries. I only hope coaching staff and the FO know what they are doing and they're not threatening Andrew's career as a pro athlete. And yes, I'd be mad if they were risking an injury affecting #12's performance significantly in the future.

This issue was already a pain in our rear, now it is getting worse. Luck isn't having his best season ever, and his injury(ies) must play a significant (but not exclusive) role in it. Let's hope this season pans out well (as we don't have any influence on it).

IMHO benching Luck would indicate that we are giving up the season.

Some posters are calling out Colts' organization on Luck's known (shoulder) and recently revealed (fractured ribs) injury and since Manning injury rightly do so, as we all are anxius about our franchise QB.

I'm rather a fence sitter, as I don't know how serious his injuries are and have no idea on the timeline of healing such injuries. I only hope coaching staff and the FO know what they are doing and they're not threatening Andrew's career as a pro athlete. And yes, I'd be mad if they were risking an injury affecting #12's performance significantly in the future.

This issue was already a pain in our rear, now it is getting worse. Luck isn't having his best season ever, and his injury(ies) must play a significant (but not exclusive) role in it. Let's hope this season pans out well (as we don't have any influence on it).

IMHO benching Luck would indicate that we are giving up the season.

If we continue to play Luck and he can't play anymore, we might as well give up on the season.  I'd say sit him and let's hope MH can keep us in the lead in our division by time Luck is good to go.

If we continue to play Luck and he can't play anymore, we might as well give up on the season. I'd say sit him and let's hope MH can keep us in the lead in our division by time Luck is good to go.

We're capsble to beat our division opponents even with MH, who has shown up (Ok jags game might be a close one or even a L) what secures AFCS for us. The only question is that with or without Luck were we capable anything more than a 'one and done'?

Run the Patriots offense. Dink & Dunk. No deep routes. Basically that same offense we ran with Hasselbeck. Only deep throw I remember him taking was the Hilton catch vs Houston to seal the game

this is what I don't get with pep the patriots do the easiest scheme when it comes to passing schemes. There's nothing exotic simple crossing routes,wheel routes,slants that work perfectly for them..yet we don't imitate after ring destroyed by that same basic game plan for 3 years now..rivers and manning dink and dunk and suceed yet we're still in deep passing zone

I honestly don't believe they did not know he fractured ribs.......How in the world would the trainers not know he had fractured ribs? It certainly did not affect his play if he did, Luck was actually getting the ball out pretty quick in the game in question....week 3 vs Titans, He did take 2 sacks but only 4 hits, The play that it could have happened on I think came at 7:40 left in the 4th Quarter which he was sacked by Casey, Luck appeared to be briefly clutching his ribs but on the very next play he threw a 35 yard TD.

That's a report on the FOX Network..this (Sunday) morning

It would explain a lot

Doesn't explain away stupidity/very poor decisions, and he also hasn't had a fractured rib the past 3 seasons. He overthrew and the behind his receivers then too. Still looks the same to me.

Where was it confirmed that the Colts falsified their injury reports?

If they are found to have done this, then they will be punished accordingly.

The hard part is, it's not that they actively contributed -- put in -- false information to the injury report. It's that they didn't report injuries they (probably?) should have. It's hard to prove a negative (or something non-existent). For example, they could have listed Luck as "probable - ribs" which would have clued the opponent to focus on hitting Andrew in the rib area. Seems tough, but this is the way the game is played, currently.

We'll see what the league thinks about this ... eventually.

Sorry, I thought everyone here acknowledged that Luck had an undisclosed rib injury.  You're saying that there is no evidence that Luck has a rib injury, correct?

As of right now, no, I've not found a single shred of evidence anywhere that is available to me as a fan to confirm this twitter post.  Until such exists, it is simply a rumor.  Could something turn up, yes, possibly. But until then, it's just a rumor.

I'm kinda over people saying that Luck could've gotten injured on any play to justify the bad offensive line play that has plagued this team for 4 years now. It's like trying to justify someone running red lights by saying an accident could happen any time you run one yet they continue to run more and more of them.

The fact is, the more you expose your QB to unnecessary hits, the more likely he is to get hurt. Grigson built this line that got Luck hit more than any QB each season since he came into the league. Is Luck to blame for holding the ball too long sometimes? Sure. But people are incredibly naive if they think that is the reason for Luck's injury. All of those hits, no matter who you are, will eventually wear on you mentally and physically. It's just all come to the surface this season.

To the topic however, it seems incredibly selfish of this coaching staff and GM if they all willingly knew Luck had this injury and continued to play him. They're more interested in protecting their jobs by playing a QB whom they may not have to worry about protecting once they get let go after this year. And if by chance Luck didn't disclose this injury to "tough it out" then he needs to really evaluate the difference between being smart and being tough.

Well, they are saying that the Colts could as much as lose Draft Picks (along with fines and other punishments) because Ribs were not specified on the injury report.  If we lose a draft pick, whoever is in charge of the info on the injury reports not being correct needs to be gone today.  

And while I am on this subject, why exactly does the league need to know the exact nature of an injury?  The only people it really matters to are gamblers and other organized crime.  Why should he have to identify ribs so guys take cheap shots at his ribs every game?

Does anyone know? 

Tough to ignore it when I saw the gif on page 1 of this thread when luck was clearly in pain after being patted on the chest

Well....seeing how that is his throwing arm, depending on his shoulder injury, any impact near that area hurts.  I myself currently am dealing with a torn rotator cuff, my daughter likes to run and jump and play, every time she bumps my chest anywhere near my shoulder, it hurts.

Does anyone know? 

No one knows yet, i wouldn't panick just yet.  Nothing has been confirmed, even his injury.  Colts are saying they reported Luck's injury accurately so unless someone shows up with some X ray prints, it's all dribble.  They even consulted with the league prior to this about Luck's injury, probably(pure speculation here), since common treatment for the shoulder injury he had is a steroid shot........... So again I'm no believing it until it is fully confirmed someplace other than some dude on twitter.

Could you give me the source that he injured his ribs in week 1?

Me, frankly.  I don't care if that's challenged.  Purely my opinion.  I saw Luck wincing late in the Buffalo game.  He took several "rib-buster" shots and sideways-weight slams.  So - source is me. 

No one knows yet, i wouldn't panick just yet.  Nothing has been confirmed, even his injury.  Colts are saying they reported Luck's injury accurately so unless someone shows up with some X ray prints, it's all dribble.  They even consulted with the league prior to this about Luck's injury, probably(pure speculation here), since common treatment for the shoulder injury he had is a steroid shot........... So again I'm no believing it until it is fully confirmed someplace other than some dude on twitter.

If the Colts didn't know about it, theit med staff is incompetent, aND shold be punished. If they did know about it and didn't disclose it, we deserve punishment. Not really seeing a win here.

Well, they claimed last night on the Sunday night PreGame show that the Colts are being investigated for violating the reporting rule and they listed the possible punishments.  So the best thing that could happen is that it isn't true and Jay Glazer is lying or false reporting gossip.  He's usually reliable however. 

But I still want to know the purpose, beyond gambling or fantasy football, for that info to be shared on a report in the first place. 

By the way, in High School, I unknowingly played 4 games my Junior year with broken ribs.  I had trouble breathing and couldn't lift my arms over my head but no one ever had my take an xray and it was all about "just suck it up and play or you'll lose your spot" so I played.   I only found out a month later during wrestling season when I couldn't do my work outs.  Mostly it felt like terrible congestion and being short of breath.  I can't imagine playing pro football and heaving the ball accurately downfield. 

I'm not buying the idea that they didn't report it because they wanted to protect Luck from defenders. All other teams are pretty forthcoming about their QB injuries.

Forgot the broken collarbone this year, Tony Romo has had multiple injuries that the Cowboys have openly reported. Big Ben's injuries are always reported accurately as well.

The Colts have been extremely quiet about Lucks shoulder since it happened and now this comes to light. I just can't keep believing that the Colts are always the exception to the rule.

It's an integrity of the game issue, and as we know this commissioner is a sworn defender of the game's integrity. If the Colts truly did try to gain an unfair advantage by violating the rules, then I would expect the commissioner to come down just as hard on them as he has with other teams.

I'm not buying the idea that they didn't report it because they wanted to protect Luck from defenders. All other teams are pretty forthcoming about their QB injuries.

Forgot the broken collarbone this year, Tony Romo has had multiple injuries that the Cowboys have openly reported. Big Ben's injuries are always reported accurately as well.

The Colts have been extremely quiet about Lucks shoulder since it happened and now this comes to light. I just can't keep believing that the Colts are always the exception to the rule.

You make a lot of good points.   It sure has been a miserable season and the division may come down to whoever wins the next Houston/Colts game.  

It's an integrity of the game issue, and as we know this commissioner is a sworn defender of the game's integrity. If the Colts truly did try to gain an unfair advantage by violating the rules, then I would expect the commissioner to come down just as hard on them as he has with other teams.

Okay, but I still would love for someone to explain the REASON anyone needs to report injuries in the first place.  Is it that no one actually knows?  Superman perhaps? 

Okay, but I still would love for someone to explain the REASON anyone needs to report injuries in the first place.  Is it that no one actually knows?  Superman perhaps? 

It's a Vegas insider thing from what I've read. It's to prevent collusion amongst teams and betters so there's nothing to hide. Integrity of the game as well.

It's a Vegas insider thing from what I've read. It's to prevent collusion amongst teams and betters so there's nothing to hide. Integrity of the game as well.

That is exactly it. The integrity of the game would be severely compromised if teams weren't required to disclose injuries. If Luck is more banged up than is being reported, then Colts insiders who know the "real deal" (if in fact this is true) have valuable proprietary information that those who gamble for a living would pay money to be privvy to. Once you introduce that element, you have problems.

Like I said, can anyone actually confirm his ribs are in fact injured?

Jay Glazar did when he made the report yesterday. Odds are no one here knows anyone who has better info. Glazar has very good track record as far as being a NFL insider goes and tends to make sure he has two or three good sources before he reports something. So while he could be wrong I think it's unlikely that he is.

its for Vegas. People may explain other reasons but the whole reason it exists is for Vegas to be able to set odds on games.

Well, they are saying that the Colts could as much as lose Draft Picks (along with fines and other punishments) because Ribs were not specified on the injury report.  If we lose a draft pick, whoever is in charge of the info on the injury reports not being correct needs to be gone today.  

And while I am on this subject, why exactly does the league need to know the exact nature of an injury?  The only people it really matters to are gamblers and other organized crime.  Why should he have to identify ribs so guys take cheap shots at his ribs every game?

Does anyone know?

the Colts wouldn't be the first team to not report something on an injury report. None of the other teams lost a draft pick to my knowledge so while its possible I don't think the Colts would lose one. I think they will be fined like the other teams have been. Honestly, for a NFL team the fine is peanuts too. Still if the league determines the Colts didn't follow the rules in regards to the injury report they should be punished.