Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck has been playing with fractured ribs?

oldunclemark

Yup makes sense. Is a 70% Luck better than 100% hasslebeck? I don't know about that but hope he gets better soon. 

I don't know, I think had Hasselbeck been playing long term teams were going to figure out him out and start adjusting their defenses to the things he does well.  That seems to be how things go for back up QBs in the NFL, even ones who have been around as long as Hasselbeck. 

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They might have the corner on the roster already in Smith.  We just haven't see him yet.

Forcing picks of a pass rusher and lineman doesn't promise you are going to get good ones.  For example if you reach on a lineman who is really a second round pick just because you take him in the first round because you needed a lineman doesn't make him a better player. 

Clearly pass rush and o-line are needs going into the draft and if one is on the board and closely rated to where they are picking 100% agree that's what they should do.  However, if one of those isn't there and a Middle Linebacker is I am not going to complain they took the middle linebacker. 

Yeah we need LB help no doubt, Pass Rushers and O.Lineman are what I would like to see Drafted but I agree when you say if there is a better player on the board when picking like a MLB or a Safety it wouldn't be bad to go that route early in the Draft. Heck we took Dorsett and I really liked the pick actually because it gave us added speed, unfortunately he is injured now.

Yeah we need LB help no doubt, Pass Rushers and O.Lineman are what I would like to see Drafted but I agree when you say if there is a better player on the board when picking like a MLB or a Safety it wouldn't be bad to go that route early in the Draft. Heck we took Dorsett and I really liked the pick actually because it gave us added speed, unfortunately he is injured now.

I still look at the Doresett pick much like the Reggie pick when he came out.  Everyone and their mother screamed we needed a corner in that draft and the Colts traded back not once but twice with corners on the board and then ended up taking Reggie.  People blistered Polian at the time and did for a couple of years until they saw what Reggie could do and all the corners the Colts could have picked were out of the league.  Sometimes if you feel like if you have a special player you take him regardless of if you think it's the biggest need of yours or not.  Time will tell if the Doresett pick turns out to be right like Reggie or if it ends up being a mistake.  Unfortunately for Grigson regardless of what happens he might not be here to see it.   

? I hadn't heard about a tear in his shoulder. What I saw said in addition to the shoulder injury he had earlier in the season Luck has been playing with multiple broken ribs since week three.

There was a report when Luck was out that he had a subluxation on his shoulder, which if I remember right is a tear of some sort. Maybe I'm remembering wrong. Even if I'm remembering wrong it's pretty clear his shoulder isn't healed anyway, still next to no zip on his passes.

Andrew is gritty. Love that about him. Its unfortunate but isn't this better than having that shoulder issue people were talking about? Ribs will heal and he will be back to himself. Injured shoulder could be tricky and may lose a bit of his zip. Glad it's just ribs though.

Jay Glazer with Fox just reported that Andrew has been playing with several fractured ribs. It happened when he injured his shoulder and some of the team didn't even know. They have to get this line fixed ASAP!

Yes, cause a good offensive line prevents injuries. Just ask Romo

There was a report when Luck was out that he had a subluxation on his shoulder, which if I remember right is a tear of some sort. Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

It CAN cause damange, there were several reports from doctors who have nothing to do with the Colts but were being interviewed by the media to figure out what a subluxation of a shoulder is that said it is very possible, if not mostly common, to have that happen and not have any kind of real damage done and just have the shoulder be sore. 

Yeah I seen that but I noticed in the Buffalo game he wasn't acting right after a few hits in the 2nd Half. I think something happened in Week 1 but I have no way of proving it.

I'm not calling anybody out on this . Just that everything I've seen is saying no injury until week 3. Seems like there would now be no motivation to hide a week 1 injury but who knows ?

I'm not calling anybody out on this . Just that everything I've seen is saying no injury until week 3. Seems like there would now be no motivation to hide a week 1 injury but who knows ?

It's cool, I know you weren't calling me out. I was just stating my opinion that I think he at least was dinged up after Week 1. But who knows??

well, the media is not calling Luck gritty, they are calling out the Colts for not being honest about injuries and are calling this egregious and dishonest.  Who ever leaked this kind of venom needs to be fired.  Jay Glaizier and someone within the Colts organization must have an axe to grind.

well, the media is not calling Luck gritty, they are calling out the Colts for not being honest about injuries and are calling this egregious and dishonest.  Who ever leaked this kind of venom needs to be fired.  Jay Glaizier and someone within the Colts organization must have an axe to grind.

I thought it was reported that the Colts didn't know. Luck supposedly kept it to himself. Not sure where medical privacy laws come into play here.

If anyone has access to the real information on Luck, post it. Confirmation has to come from the organization. If not, it's just a guessing game on what the true facts really are. It's quite obvious he's playing hurt. To what extent that is can disrupt the media and fans. If the Colts are not going to share the correct information, and a vow of silence is taken by all involved, that's the way it'll be. I can't for the life of me understand why he's out there if 2 or more injuries are bothering him. Then again, it reverts back to true & correct information.

Seems as though this is a wait and see situation. I'll try and find out as much as I possibly can. However, that just may be a dead end if the above is correct. It'll come out, it's just a strategical outlay as to when, where, why, and how.

Favre held back his shoulder injury when he was on the Jets to not jeopardize his consecutive start streak. Received a fine. This is unacceptable and sad to see for us. Combined with blatantly ignoring "Protect 12", then not reporting this and continuing to let him play. See ya Grigs

If he does indeed have broken ribs, they need to fire the coaching staff.

Absolutely no reason for him to be playing injured.

Irsay knows.    Grigson knows.     

No one is getting fired for this.      This happens far more in the NFL than fans realize.

Does the name Ben Roethlisberger ring a bell.     Plays with injuries all the time.    Tony Romo too.  

Just because we fans don't know doesn't mean squat....

Take a deep breath......    this is business as usual in the NFL.

Chill.

The media's job is to get information and report it.    They have no axe to grind.

Irsay knows. Grigson knows.

No one is getting fired for this. This happens far more in the NFL than fans realize.

Does the name Ben Roethlisberger ring a bell. Plays with injuries all the time. Tony Romo too.

Just because we fans don't know doesn't mean squat....

Take a deep breath...... this is business as usual in the NFL.

If everyone knows then the million dollar question is.....

Why is he playing when it's clearly negatively affecting him and the team?

Is there any kind of NFL violation against not disclosing an injury like this?

I think the typical football injury is a fairly obvious thing, usually a limping leg, a hanging arm, or a wobbly walk back to the huddle, so an examination from team doctors is justified.

I assume that the NFLPA contract doesn't just give a team the right to examine a player from head to toe any time they want. I think the player probably has to give consent, unless the injury is obvious. luck could have complained about his shoulder, not his ribs, and gave the team permission to only look at the shoulder.

I think rib injuries are tough to observe without an xray so I think a player is within his legal right to not disclose the injury to anyone, as long as he can tough it out and not be obviously laboring.

JMO. I could be totally wrong.

I think Peyton never disclosed the extent of his neck injury, and his performance never made it obvious that he had a pinched nerve. OTOH, the ruptured bursa sack in the knee was an injury that was hard to conceal.

If everyone knows then the million dollar question is.....

Why is he playing when it's clearly negatively affecting him and the team?

Because Luck,  even less than at his best,  is better than Hasselbeck.     He can still make plays that Matt can't at this stage of his career.

Look....   it sucks for us....    but his play has been so terrible,  that this shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. 

Perhaps at some point,  the situation will demand that Luck sits down again.   But it doesn't appear we're at that point just yet.     Maybe soon?    Maybe not?

We're in unchartered waters here.....     we're all just trying to do the best we can....

Because Luck, even less than at his best, is better than Hasselbeck. He can still make plays that Matt can't at this stage of his career.

Look.... it sucks for us.... but his play has been so terrible, that this shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

Perhaps at some point, the situation will demand that Luck sits down again. But it doesn't appear we're at that point just yet. Maybe soon? Maybe not?

We're in unchartered waters here..... we're all just trying to do the best we can....

Even if he is better than a healthy MH.....he is still injured.....and the o line is not good....considering everything else and adding this to the long list, yes people should be fired.

Because Luck, even less than at his best, is better than Hasselbeck. He can still make plays that Matt can't at this stage of his career.

Look.... it sucks for us.... but his play has been so terrible, that this shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

Perhaps at some point, the situation will demand that Luck sits down again. But it doesn't appear we're at that point just yet. Maybe soon? Maybe not?

We're in unchartered waters here..... we're all just trying to do the best we can....

Luck looks to be about 50%.

I don't think 50% Luck is as good as MH.

The Colts were very secretive and I believe shady with the Manning neck situation. They waited until they sold all their tickets to say he wasn't going to play, then waited until they sold their season tickets to say they were releasing him the next season.

I'm disappointed with the Colts right now TBH.