Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck has been playing with fractured ribs?

oldunclemark

If Luck is injured explain his come back last night and against New Orleans, it does not add up. I don't hear any sports mouths blaming his hot and cold performance on injuries. For the last 7:22 last night he was dead on, even the last int. was a deflection.

He's not. That's my point you don't bench your franchise QB during a slump.... he has to play thru it

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do not bench your team leader and franchise QB who's fighting through injuries.  You just dont do it.  And anyone suggesting that purely doesnt know football.  And yes, an injury can shake up your confidence and decision making if youre still suffering through it

I played the game and I know the game and a team "leader"  is one who leads because his fellow players believe in him. The real reason Luck may not be benched is money. Many great QB have been benched in slumps, not that Luck is great. Now Hamilton is gone and who will be next after or during the bye week? Irsay is thinking he will not tolerate another Peyton Manning who won a total of one Super Bowl in over a decade. Drastic circumstances require drastic measures. Sit Luck and make him know it is not for injuries but for performance. No player is above a team's goal.

First off. They can't end up 2-14.

Second, you don't bench your franchise QB for slumping. It's obvious the coaching staff isn't helping him. You have to let him work it out

I was (nice it is "was") really hard on Pep, but have you seen Luck's first INT!? He was standing in the pocket and drifting away for 7 seconds before he has thrown the pick from his back foot in a jump (a-la Michael Jordan). 4th year NFL starter don't need coach to understand that was dumb.

I was (nice it is "was") really hard on Pep, but have you seen Luck's first INT!? He was standing in the pocket and drifting away for 7 seconds before he has thrown the pick from his back foot in a jump (a-la Michael Jordan). 4th year NFL starter don't need coach to understand that was dumb.

You also don't bench your franchise QB even if you are 3-5. We can still win the division. They have plenty of time to get it turned around

You also don't bench your franchise QB even if you are 3-5. We can still win the division. They have plenty of time to get it turned around

The question is "Can we still win the division with Luck at QB?" I don't know the answer, I only can hope Grigson does.

I don't think an injury to his ribs means he never had a shoulder injury. Glazers report said it was both. Unless you mean you think his shoulder has healed which could very well be true.

Yes, I believe the shoulder injury was minor, if at all. Why would the Colts want the mean defenders to aim at Luck's ribs with their helmets? They are not stupid and I support that decision 100%. The injury report is a stupid idea, especially the part where you have to specify the body part that is injured.

Today started with a report that Andrew is fully healthy and has been since before the Carolina game.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/04/report-andrew-luck-is-fully-healthy-now/

Then he was limited in practice with an ankle. 

And now this:

@https://twitter.com/bylindsayhjones/status/662034409873276928

@https://twitter.com/HolderStephen/status/662043411474751488

... 2015, stahp....