Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck has been playing with fractured ribs?

oldunclemark

You're gonna see a lot of attempts at his ribs tomorrow night bet on it whoever snitched just out a bounty out on luck

IF they can get to him.  what makes you think that he will even get touched?  remember, this is the Carolina Panthers, they haven't done diddly squat in their entire existence.  I put them in the same category as the JAGS or the last decade of the RAIDERS.  When on the big stage will they conquer the Colts?, PFFFT, no, they won't, because they are the PANTHERS.  Remember that and when we beat them on MNF, come back to my post and thank me.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IF they can get to him. what makes you think that he will even get touched? remember, this is the Carolina Panthers, they haven't done diddly squat in their entire existence. I put them in the same category as the JAGS or the last decade of the RAIDERS. When on the big stage will they conquer the Colts?, PFFFT, no, they won't, because they are the PANTHERS. Remember that and when we beat them on MNF, come back to my post and thank me.

I don't know if you know this but they are undefeated this year, have some very good playmakers on defense. We can't block and we also don't show up to Monday night games (let alone any games anymore). The panthers are not the jags you think they are, and clearly the colts are not the team you think they are.

I can appreciate toughness and playing through injury, but perhaps it's best to bench Luck and let him heal up.  Hasselbeck played pretty well when given the chance, so I think we still have a shot to win games with him as our QB.  Give Luck more time to rest and heal up

I agree , put in hasselbeck before luck gets hurt worse. don't risk our future by letting him play hurt.

I don't know if you know this but they are undefeated this year, have some very good playmakers on defense. We can't block and we also don't show up to Monday night games (let alone any games anymore). The panthers are not the jags you think they are, and clearly the colts are not the team you think they are.

Best MLB, DT, CB and one of the best OLB's. 6-0...dude's right...we suck.

If he does indeed have broken ribs, they need to fire the coaching staff.

Absolutely no reason for him to be playing injured.

Tony Romo played with broken ribs, and a punctured lung to go along with it.  So has Johnny Unitas, and Dan Pastorini.  I has to hurt, and likely affects the throws to some degree, but it's not unheard of to play through.  Any QB can get the injury on a missed block be even HOF O linemen.  But continued QB hits after the injury from poor line performance is disheartening.

Yup makes sense. Is a 70% Luck better than 100% hasslebeck? I don't know about that but hope he gets better soon. 

Hasselbeck came out of the hospital bed and played a better game than I've seen from Luck all year.  Matt was far from feeling 100% on that day. Play Hasselbeck and sit Luck on the bench until he is healthier.

Hasselbeck came out of the hospital bed and played a better game than I've seen from Luck all year. Matt was far from feeling 100% on that day. Play Hasselbeck and sit Luck on the bench until he is healthier.

Not just a hospital bed....his death bed LITERALLY (should have added that to the paganoism thread)

Even if he is better than a healthy MH.....he is still injured.....and the o line is not good....considering everything else and adding this to the long list, yes people should be fired.

If they want to sit Luck down and rest him, I'd have no complaints.    None.    Not one.

I'm only explaining why they haven't as yet.

As for people getting fired,   baring an unexpected deep run in the playoffs,  it looks like you'll get your wish in January.   (Maybe sooner)

Luck looks to be about 50%.

I don't think 50% Luck is as good as MH.

The Colts were very secretive and I believe shady with the Manning neck situation. They waited until they sold all their tickets to say he wasn't going to play, then waited until they sold their season tickets to say they were releasing him the next season.

I'm disappointed with the Colts right now TBH.

I wasn't around then,  so I can't comment.     But if what you write is true,  then I'd agree with you....   that sounds shady.

As for Luck,  I don't know how to put a percentage on it....    but he's looked bad to me since week one against Buffalo and he wasn't hurt then.  (We don't think....)

He's looked terrible to me all year.    And I think there's a long list of reasons, that include,  but are not limited to his injuries.....    I think it's a perfect storm of many, many things....     Pep's calls,  bad OL,  spotty running game,   poor offense leads to poor defense which puts more pressure on the offense,  a vicious cycle.   Those and many more have made Luck look like a shell of himself.

Crazy year just got even stranger....

IF they can get to him. what makes you think that he will even get touched? remember, this is the Carolina Panthers, they haven't done diddly squat in their entire existence. I put them in the same category as the JAGS or the last decade of the RAIDERS. When on the big stage will they conquer the Colts?, PFFFT, no, they won't, because they are the PANTHERS. Remember that and when we beat them on MNF, come back to my post and thank me.

well I say this because the way pep has his playcalls with luck he gets hit every game..but I don't think panthers win lol and unfortunately I live in Charlotte and will be walking around with my luck jersey

Lol wut? They have one of the best defenses and the number 1 running offense in the league. And also undefeated and Cam isn't a slouch as a QB. Putting them with the jags or raiders is laughable.

IF they can get to him.  what makes you think that he will even get touched?  remember, this is the Carolina Panthers, they haven't done diddly squat in their entire existence.  I put them in the same category as the JAGS or the last decade of the RAIDERS.  When on the big stage will they conquer the Colts?, PFFFT, no, they won't, because they are the PANTHERS.  Remember that and when we beat them on MNF, come back to my post and thank me.

I would give the colts less than a 25% chance of winning this game. If you measure their strengths and the Colts weaknesses especially factoring this new information about Andrews ribs, this could very well be a blowout.

I could see why Grigson would try to cover this up. In a league where bountygate is a recent memory they probably don't want people to know his ribs are broken. One roughing the passer on the other team could mean a 15 yard penalty well worth taking luck out of the game. Still he shouldn't be dumb enough to cover it up which I am pretty sure is most likely what happened.

I'm don't know who I'm more disappointed in: The organization or the apologetic Colts fans who keep acting like all of this Is normal.

So either they hid the injury or the medical staff missed something. I've had about enough of this stuff.

But no...you're wrong!!! Anyone who criticizes the team, coaches, staff, players are all a bunch of whiners and know nothing about football!! Just ask most of the superusers around here. Our defense and offensive line is da bomb!!hi-res-185508836-reggie-wayne-of-the-ind

I wasn't around then, so I can't comment. But if what you write is true, then I'd agree with you.... that sounds shady.

As for Luck, I don't know how to put a percentage on it.... but he's looked bad to me since week one against Buffalo and he wasn't hurt then. (We don't think....)

He's looked terrible to me all year. And I think there's a long list of reasons, that include, but are not limited to his injuries..... I think it's a perfect storm of many, many things.... Pep's calls, bad OL, spotty running game, poor offense leads to poor defense which puts more pressure on the offense, a vicious cycle. Those and many more have made Luck look like a shell of himself.

Crazy year just got even stranger....

Andrew has looked good with a clean pocket IMO.

He's just made some really dumb decisions.

He hasn't progressed in decision making at all and it's mostly good fault.

He knows what he does is wrong by continues to make the same mistakes. He cannot allow himself to try and be the whole team.

That just makes the coaching staff look worse. So you're telling me he's been playing with cracked ribs and continue to game play and call plays for long developing down the field plays?!? Fricken stupid. Game plan and plays should be the same as when MH was in there. Lucks ribs wouldn't be hurt if it wasn't for these * coaches. Call plays that get the ball out of his hands instead of getting him killed for the last 4 years.

But no...you're wrong!!! Anyone who criticizes the team, coaches, staff, players are all a bunch of whiners and know nothing about football!! Just ask most of the superusers around here. Our defense and offensive line is da bomb!!hi-res-185508836-reggie-wayne-of-the-ind

I'm sick of it. People act like this organization is infallible. Our fan base is slowly turning into the Patriots fan base. Turning a blind eye to anything we do.

SHUT HIM DOWN!!!!!!! Until these injuries have healed. This isn't going to get any better as long as he's taking shots on a weekly basis. Put hasslebeck in there for Christ sake. we can go 6-10 if it means Luck returns when he is comfortable , good and ready.

Football teams and players think differently than fans do especially ones who are coaching and playing for their jobs.  Look, Luck having broken ribs is not good, however in the NFL it is perfectly normal for players to play with broken ribs.  Also, while some fans are ready to give up on this season the coaches AND players are not and nor should they, in all likely hood this team is going to the playoffs. 

I'm sick of it. People act like this organization is infallible. Our fan base is slowly turning into the Patriots fan base. Turning a blind eye to anything we do.

Funny I've been reading for people wanting to fire the GM, Head Coach, coordinators, QB coach, training staff, and I am pretty sure there was a thread on firing Blue since this summer.  If anything I think people LOOK for reasons to blame those who run this team I'd hardly say people here think they are infallible. 

Makes it even worse that Pep was dialing up deep passes making him hold the ball even more

Officially convinced they tried to take Luck out this year

Grigson's idea to offer Luck a lesser deal without alerting other teams they can take a roughing the passer bc the 15 yards could be worth taking Luck out

Makes it even worse that Pep was dialing up deep passes making him hold the ball even more

Officially convinced they tried to take Luck out this year

Yes the coaches are trying to get the starting QB hut with their jobs on the line... smh...

A lot of those dialing up deep throws is on Luck.  He's the one who decides where to go with the ball.  If you go back and look at things there is normally and underneath option there (a lot of the times it's a back or Johnson) but he was throwing deep. 

He's done a little better job with it since he's been back but teams have been looking to make him throw deep by taking away the underneath stuff and to say Luck throwing to the running backs is an adventure is kind. 

Yes the coaches are trying to get the starting QB hut with their jobs on the line... smh...

A lot of those dialing up deep throws is on Luck. He's the one who decides where to go with the ball. If you go back and look at things there is normally and underneath option there (a lot of the times it's a back or Johnson) but he was throwing deep.

He's done a little better job with it since he's been back but teams have been looking to make him throw deep by taking away the underneath stuff and to say Luck throwing to the running backs is an adventure is kind.

Run the Patriots offense. Dink & Dunk. No deep routes. Basically that same offense we ran with Hasselbeck. Only deep throw I remember him taking was the Hilton catch vs Houston to seal the game

Most fans on here are saying the opposite of what you're accusing them of.

We are angry with the organization right now.

I still hold a grudge over the Manning neck injury situation.

Run the Patriots offense. Dink & Dunk. No deep routes. Basically that same offense we ran with Hasselbeck. Only deep throw I remember him taking was the Hilton catch vs Houston to seal the game

In order to do that the QB has to not take the deep route and throw underneath.  Also, in the second half of that game when the Pats adjusted to take away the underneath stuff Luck started trying to heave it down the field again.  So in the Saints game they came out and tried throwing to the running backs underneath and rather it was the injury or Luck just isn't comfortable doing that it looked awful.  I don't think Pep goes out there and says okay Luck I want you to throw deep to TY here no matter what.  Luck makes those calls.  As for the deep routes with TY that's the kind of WR he is.  He's a stretch the field hit the homerun WR.  He's not a poison WR.  The guys who are more like that are Johnson and Moncrief.  Moncrief has been much more involved in the offense this year and you could argue is becoming Luck's favorite target.  Johnson and Luck have just not been on the same page all year. 

The guy who should be feasting in an offense like this is Allen but he's been invisible since the Bills game. I know he's staying in to block a lot but he should be having huge games in a check down offense.  That is something I would like to see Pep improve.  By no means is Pep calling great games, I agree he should be let go at the end of the season.  However, he's far from the only one to blame here.  Luck's decision making has been suspect this year as well.  The idea that the coaches are trying to get him hurt is laughable though. 

Most fans on here are saying the opposite of what you're accusing them of.

We are angry with the organization right now.

I still hold a grudge over the Manning neck injury situation.

?  What were they supposed to do about that?  The doctor botched the surgery that's not the Colts fault.