Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck has been playing with fractured ribs?

oldunclemark

Jay Glazar did when he made the report yesterday. Odds are no one here knows anyone who has better info. Glazar has very good track record as far as being a NFL insider goes and tends to make sure he has two or three good sources before he reports something. So while he could be wrong I think it's unlikely that he is.

that's my point though, its only one reporter making this.  You're telling me that Kravtiz, Holder and others that are much closer to the Colts wouldnt have pryed this information out by now since this came to light.  Especially since Kravtiz seems to jump at every chance to attack the colts?

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's my point though, its only one reporter making this.  You're telling me that Kravtiz, Holder and others that are much closer to the Colts wouldnt have pryed this information out by now since this came to light.  Especially since Kravtiz seems to jump at every chance to attack the colts?

there is a reason why Glazar is national. Also, I heard yesterday some of them had heard it but weren't comfortable reporting it because they couldn't get it confirmed. Also, all those people are accepting this as fact. That all tells me this probably true. All we can do is look at the information is out there and then decide for yourself if you believe it or not because the Colts have proven when it comes to injuries they don't really tell the public exactly what's going on.

This is yet another reason that Grigson must be fired. Not only did he draft totally ineffectually, he is now responsible for dishonestly hiding an

injury to a player and putting that player out on the field. What does anyone need to know about this guy?

Well first it  would be nice to actually confirm that the team did in fact dishonestly hide an injury.

there is a reason why Glazar is national. Also, I heard yesterday some of them had heard it but weren't comfortable reporting it because they couldn't get it confirmed. Also, all those people are accepting this as fact. That all tells me this probably true. All we can do is look at the information is out there and then decide for yourself if you believe it or not because the Colts have proven when it comes to injuries they don't really tell the public exactly what's going on.

All of that makes it a RUMOR until it is confirmed.  So if 6-7 people with "inside sources" can't get it confirmed and chose not to report on an unconfirmed rumor but 1 did choose to report on an unconfirmed rumor, that suddenly means that 1 person is automatically correct?!  

Just a terrible take.

I don't get how people are so excited about the possibility of a penalty? I'm furious at the organization if true (which I think it is) but everyone knew he was already injured considering he missed 2 games and plays like crap and gets smoked every other play. Favre made the Jets lie and have to pay a 5 figure fine so he could keep his consecutive start streak alive. Same goes for the people who thought the Jets would get hammered for tampering and they paid 100K. Unlike football inflation and all the other shady crap that went along with that, we have actually seen this in recent memory and know it's not gonna end up in a lost draft pick. Even if it does, hopefully they will take from any pick except our 3rd round pick lol

Well, they are saying that the Colts could as much as lose Draft Picks (along with fines and other punishments) because Ribs were not specified on the injury report.  If we lose a draft pick, whoever is in charge of the info on the injury reports not being correct needs to be gone today.  

And while I am on this subject, why exactly does the league need to know the exact nature of an injury?  The only people it really matters to are gamblers and other organized crime.  Why should he have to identify ribs so guys take cheap shots at his ribs every game?

Does anyone know? 

so they can leak it to their NFL insiders?  :dunno:

It was pretty clear that when MH hit Luck in the chest during the Titans game, he was hurt. Where's that .gif?

The front office was trying to game the system and got caught is my read on this. 

Chuck, Pep, Grigson and co. didn't want Mr. Irsay finding out they got his star quarterback injured to save their hides. Irsay is going to roll heads.

Jay Glazer with Fox just reported that Andrew has been playing with several fractured ribs. It happened when he injured his shoulder and some of the team didn't even know. They have to get this line fixed ASAP!

What nonsense. All QB`s get hit.

He has had a fractured Brain since he came into the league. Andrew Loves holding onto the ball period!

And of course stares down his receivers, and can`t trust his accuracy on quick thinking, tightly fit passes.

Other than that the boy is fine.

What nonsense. All QB`s get hit.

He has had a fractured Brain since he came into the league. Andrew Loves holding onto the ball period!

And of course stares down his receivers, and can`t trust his accuracy on quick thinking, tightly fit passes.

Other than that the boy is fine.

or ya know he's injured cause he's taken more hits then any QB since entering the NFL. But think what you want.

i heard this before the NE game and reported what i heard on this site. this is not the first i heard of ribs.

i heard this before the NE game and reported what i heard on this site. this is not the first i heard of ribs.

The only other time Luck's ribs were mentioned was several weeks ago when people were wondering if he was hurt and what it might be, then the shoulder injury was reported.  Not word on the ribs anywhere on the media till this lone reporter......

The only other time Luck's ribs were mentioned was several weeks ago when people were wondering if he was hurt and what it might be, then the shoulder injury was reported.  Not word on the ribs anywhere on the media till this lone reporter......

SteelCityColt just proved you wrong. My source also came from an ex-colt player who is close to the pulse of things.

I'm not sure that this was all the surprising.... remember this article form Oct 16th?

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2015/10/16/9558453/has-andrew-luck-been-dealing-with-a-rib-injury-in-addition-to-his-shoulder-colts

Apparently in one of the comment sections of those articles, a guy who claimed to work at a local hospital had said that he saw Andrew come in and was complaining of pain in his chest area. He ended up deleting his comment but people remember it.

SteelCityColt just proved you wrong. My source also came from an ex-colt player who is close to the pulse of things.

No he didnt, I said it's been weeks since anyone mentioned the ribs, and that was when it came out about his shoulder.  That's all his linked article talks about it the "possiblity" of the ribs, then nothing since the 16th about it.  Which btw, was about when he came back from missing 2 games due the shoulder

All of that makes it a RUMOR until it is confirmed.  So if 6-7 people with "inside sources" can't get it confirmed and chose not to report on an unconfirmed rumor but 1 did choose to report on an unconfirmed rumor, that suddenly means that 1 person is automatically correct?!  

Let me ask you this if Schefter or Mort came out and said it wasn't broken ribs would you believe that?  If so what's the difference other than one is what you want to hear and one isn't?  This isn't John Smith going hey I heard from my buddy that Luck has broken ribs.  This is a guy who has a very good track record for getting inside information saying my sources are telling me that Andrew Luck has broken ribs.  If you don't want to accept what Glazar is saying as true that's fine but it's not unreasonable to believe what Glazar is saying, especially when the local guys are going we had been hearing the samething but were uncomfortable reporting it because I couldn't get a second source to back it up.  That means at least someone was telling them the samething.  There is a lot of smoke here and that normally means fire.  If you are waiting for unquestionable fact to come out it's probably not going to happen because the Colts and Luck aren't going to come out and tell people yeah Luck has been playing with broken ribs.  That's pretty going yeah league we broke the rules and don't care go ahead and punish us as hard as you want. 

Let me ask you this if Schefter or Mort came out and said it wasn't broken ribs would you believe that?  If so what's the difference other than one is what you want to hear and one isn't?  This isn't John Smith going hey I heard from my buddy that Luck has broken ribs.  This is a guy who has a very good track record for getting inside information saying my sources are telling me that Andrew Luck has broken ribs.  If you don't want to accept what Glazar is saying as true that's fine but it's not unreasonable to believe what Glazar is saying, especially when the local guys are going we had been hearing the samething but were uncomfortable reporting it because I couldn't get a second source to back it up.  That means at least someone was telling them the samething.  There is a lot of smoke here and that normally means fire.  If you are waiting for unquestionable fact to come out it's probably not going to happen because the Colts and Luck aren't going to come out and tell people yeah Luck has been playing with broken ribs.  That's pretty going yeah league we broke the rules and don't care go ahead and punish us as hard as you want. 

No. I wouldn't  Honestly, In this case, I'm looking at 2 things for it to be confirmed:  A) League comes out after its investigation and says one way or the other if Luck has fractured ribs and the Colts didnt report it, Or B) the League comes out and says they could find no evidence to back the claims of the fracture ribs.  Until then, regardless of what anyone says, its all rumor, every bit of it.

No. I wouldn't  Honestly, In this case, I'm looking at 2 things for it to be confirmed:  A) League comes out after its investigation and says one way or the other if Luck has fractured ribs and the Colts didnt report it, Or B) the League comes out and says they could find no evidence to back the claims of the fracture ribs.  Until then, regardless of what anyone says, its all rumor, every bit of it.

Odds are if the league does an investigation and find out Luck's ribs were broken the report wont come out until after the ribs have healed and that's if they can find proof.  That's going to be easier said than done.  So I wouldn't bank too much on a league report proving his ribs weren't broken.  Again, this comes down to do you believe NFL insiders.  It sounds like you don't and that's fine.  However, it's not unreasonable to believe Jay Glazar and many are doing that, especially when the local media is going hey we had been hearing the samething we just weren't comfortable reporting it until now.  If you have to have proof to believe it you might not get that or if you do get proof it might not be for a while. 

Me, frankly.  I don't care if that's challenged.  Purely my opinion.  I saw Luck wincing late in the Buffalo game.  He took several "rib-buster" shots and sideways-weight slams.  So - source is me. 

Thanks for that pie of crap above. 

Odds are if the league does an investigation and find out Luck's ribs were broken the report wont come out until after the ribs have healed and that's if they can find proof. That's going to be easier said than done. So I wouldn't bank too much on a league report proving his ribs weren't broken. Again, this comes down to do you believe NFL insiders. It sounds like you don't and that's fine. However, it's not unreasonable to believe Jay Glazar and many are doing that, especially when the local media is going hey we had been hearing the samething we just weren't comfortable reporting it until now. If you have to have proof to believe it you might not get that or if you do get proof it might not be for a while.

I agree with what you're saying. I'm simply taking a wait and see approach before condemning anyone or anything. Sometimes these reports are false and sometimes they are true. But before we go lynching anyone, we have to have the facts. But like you said, it could be a while one way or the other. There's plenty of things to lynch Grigs and Co over, and I really think he's on his way out as well as Pags. All that said, it'll be interesting to hear and see how Luck responds to the inevitable questions he'll get post game tonight bout this. That alone will be telling.

And I'll add this, if proven the Colts covered this up, I'll be the first to demand punishment for Grigs and Co.

I agree with what you're saying. I'm simply taking a wait and see approach before condemning anyone or anything. Sometimes these reports are false and sometimes they are true. But before we go lynching anyone, we have to have the facts. But like you said, it could be a while one way or the other. There's plenty of things to lynch Grigs and Co over, and I really think he's on his way out as well as Pags. All that said, it'll be interesting to hear and see how Luck responds to the inevitable questions he'll get post game tonight bout this. That alone will be telling.

And I'll add this, if proven the Colts covered this up, I'll be the first to demand punishment for Grigs and Co

and right here is the difference between Colts and Pats fans.

And I'll add this, if proven the Colts covered this up, I'll be the first to demand punishment for Grigs and Co.

The absolute best message on the subject of Luck's supposed fractured/broken rib(s) so far. Rush to judgments often getted skewed in one form or another. Everyone knows what's said about the word, "assume". Let sleeping dogs lie, at least for the time being.

Unfortunately that seems to be the way things have been in the NFL since...oh I'd say about January or so...

I'm not calling anybody out on this . Just that everything I've seen is saying no injury until week 3. Seems like there would now be no motivation to hide a week 1 injury but who knows ?

Curious, DW.  You're "not calling anybody out on this...just that..." but I'm a "pie" of crap for posting my opinion that he hurt his ribs in week one?  So are you calling me out and not the others?  Or was it just that I was the source you requested (when my original post made it clear it was solely my opinion).