Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eric Ebron trashes Ballard

Read what he said and its actually not that bad or out of line.  Calling him the "worst gm ever" is immature for sure but he might have a good reason to be upset too.

Teams and players sometimes disagree about how to handle injuries.  He was thinking about his future while CB wanted to win now.  I dont have a problem with this

15 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Didn’t he trash his former team before us too?

He used to fight with lions fans on twitter, I never heard him say anything about the team but he might have.  

He fought back against trolling fans on twitter which he shouldnt have done but twitter was more in the wrong than him.  Fans shouldnt use twitter as a license to talk endless trash directly to the player.

I guess the irony in my comment is he did the same thing to CB that fans did to him, which is trash them on twitter.

Social media got in his head and it hurt his public image.  Should have deleted twitter

I think the other part of his comment is fair though, hes looking out for his health 

31 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

He used to fight with lions fans on twitter, I never heard him say anything about the team but he might have.  

He fought back against trolling fans on twitter which he shouldnt have done but twitter was more in the wrong than him.  Fans shouldnt use twitter as a license to talk endless trash directly to the player.

Correct that's what ESPN or Skip Bayless is for. Just joking...

6 minutes ago, ImissPeyton18 said:

If you got saddled with Brisset as your qb, would you not be disappointed. and then keep him for 2 more years after that. It could be more years than that, but I wish to forget that era.

No,  you do your job.   Just like any other person

• Like 1

On 4/27/2024 at 3:59 PM, James said:

Eric Ebron? The washed TE? 

Just fade into obscurity. 

Assuming that Ebron is the wrong one, here is a little silly. I have no idea who is right or wrong. However, to assume he is lying is being really short sighted and very biased.

23 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

No,  you do your job.   Just like any other person

It's not about doing his job. It is about an injury. None of us knows what went on, so really to trade Ebron or Ballard is really a waste of time.

Ballard gave you your best season in your career and your best payday, you absolute insufferable clown. And what did you do? Faked an injury when the going got tough. F off... 

(translation: don't touch our GM... only we can call him "the worst GM in the league")

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Eric was the antithesis to Jack Doyle.

He was quite immature and wanted to be in the spotlight, or else he'd quit. 

It's unfortunate, because the guy was naturally gifted. 

As much as I would've loved to have Brock Bowers, Eric Ebron and Jack Doyle are a case study in why you don't draft TEs high.

6 minutes ago, DattMavis said:

Eric was the antithesis to Jack Doyle.

He was quite immature and wanted to be in the spotlight, or else he'd quit. 

It's unfortunate, because the guy was naturally gifted. 

As much as I would've loved to have Brock Bowers, Eric Ebron and Jack Doyle are a case study in why you don't draft TEs high.

Raiders got the Mayer TE guy from Notre Dame last year and went BPA with Bowers to double down on the TE position, so it is not a question we have to deal with but if we had Bowers available and had gone with him, you probably would hear few complaints here.

Just now, chad72 said:

Raiders got the Mayer TE guy from Notre Dame last year and went BPA with Bowers to double down on the TE position, so it is not a question we have to deal with but if we had Bowers available and had gone with him, you probably would hear few complaints here.

If he fell to us and we drafted him, I would've told myself that Bowers isn't really a TE. I think Mayer and Bowers will work together, because Mayer is a traditional in-line blocking TE. Bowers is whatever the heck you want him to be; just get him the ball. In-line, slot, FB, RB, out wide. Heck direct snap the ball to him. He played some QB in high school. If you draft Bowers, he never leaves the field.