Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Predictions for Remaining Games

chickenMan

After our win against the Packers, I feel pretty good about this team. What do you guys think we do down the stretch?

I have our remaining games as:

vs. Titans- W

@ Texans- W

@ Raiders- W

vs. Texans- W

@ Steelers- L

vs. Jags- W

I think we win end 12-4, 3rd seed. Beat wildcard opponent, lose to KC in divisional round. Thoughts?

29 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

After our win against the Packers, I feel pretty good about this team. What do you guys think we do down the stretch?

I have our remaining games as:

vs. Titans- W

@ Texans- W

@ Raiders- W

vs. Texans- W

@ Steelers- L

vs. Jags- W

I think we win end 12-4, 3rd seed. Beat wildcard opponent, lose to KC in divisional round. Thoughts?

I hope we can sweep the Titans this Sunday. That may get us the division title. Here’s my prediction...

vs. Titans- W

@ Texans- W

@ Raiders- L

vs. Texans- W

@ Steelers- L

vs. Jags- W

I have us finishing 11-5, winning the division, and hopefully challenging the Chiefs and Steelers. They are the only 2 teams I worry about facing.

35 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

vs. Titans- W

@ Texans- W

@ Raiders- W

vs. Texans- W

@ Steelers- L

vs. Jags- W

That is certainly optimistic.   There are some tough ones on the schedule to pick.  I think we go 3-3.   The Titans, Raiders, Steelers and Texans games could all end up as losses.  They are all playing good football at the moment.  I think we may end up splitting with the Texans but I wouldn't be surprised if we won both games.  

Titans‐ W

Texans- W

Raiders- L

Texans- L

Steelers- W

Jaguars- W

Putting us at 11-5... I have the Titans doing this:

Colts - L

Browns - L

Jags - W

Lions - W

Packers - L

Texans - W

Putting them at 10-6.

AFC South Champs!  Playing CLE in the wildcard and redeeming our loss.  Going to Pitt and winning, going to Buffalo and losing.

15 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

Colts prediction:

Titans‐ W

Texans- W

Raiders- L

Texans- W

Steelers- L

Jaguars- W

Putting us at 11-5

Titans prediction: 

Colts - L

Browns - W

Jags - W

Lions - W

Packers - L

Texans - W

Putting them at 11-5 losing to us via tie-breaker

Both the Colts and Titans finish 11-5 but we win via our 2-0 head to head tie-breaker. We will play Raiders in the #4 vs #5 matchup seeking revenge.

Colts would have to go 11. 5 to make the playoffs.  The browns and ravens have the tie breaker and have easy schedules .  No way the browns miss the playoffs . This titans game is must win game .  Colts win out every game except Steelers going 12 -4  getting hot at the right time running game starting to get going along with the passing game and defense and elite special teams .                             

1 minute ago, Colts1324 said:

Sadly one of them is Jacksonville haha 

So true, lol.  Dream scenario - we have the division and our playoff spot wrapped up by that game.  So they let Jacoby play the 2nd Q and Eason play the second half.  

Hey, if we're allowed to have another thread about predictions, then I'm allowed to dream, right?

6 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

So true, lol.  Dream scenario - we have the division and our playoff spot wrapped up by that game.  So they let Jacoby play the 2nd Q and Eason play the second half.  

Hey, if we're allowed to have another thread about predictions, then I'm allowed to dream, right?

Absolutely.

This Tennessee game is huge. If we take care of them this week, we are in a really good spot.

I'm most intrigued by the personnel we are going to use.

We didn't use Hines as much as we did against them the first time, so now they have to respect Taylor more. 

Wilkins could come into play too down the stretch. 

2 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Absolutely.

This Tennessee game is huge. If we take care of them this week, we are in a really good spot.

I'm most intrigued by the personnel we are going to use.

We didn't use Hines as much as we did against them the first time, so now they have to respect Taylor more. 

Wilkins could come into play too down the stretch. 

The great thing about Reich's offense is that the D can't concentrate on taking anyone away.  There are so many players they can feature.  I like featuring Taylor in the fourth Q when we try to wear down their D.

If the D that played in the second half last Sunday shows up, we should take them.

You're right, it's a huge game, basically for the division.  And we still have all tough games to go.  The Raiders are looking good, Steelers, obviously.  And Watson can win games by himself.

But, like we all said at the beginning of the season, we'll roll Jacksonville (lol!).

1 hour ago, coming on strong said:

Colts would have to go 11. 5 to make the playoffs.  The browns and ravens have the tie breaker and have easy schedules .  No way the browns miss the playoffs . This titans game is must win game .  Colts win out every game except Steelers going 12 -4  getting hot at the right time running game starting to get going along with the passing game and defense and elite special teams .                             

Eh we are a game ahead of the Browns as it sits. And they have to play TN next week.  

If Rivers controls ball and limits bad turnovers like he has been, I think we win out.  

Our D is good enough to stop any of those offenses.  And Steelers are the only remaining team on the schedule with a solid D.  

So, if the offense is firing like they have the last 2 weeks, we can’t beat every team left on the schedule.  

6 hours ago, CurBeatElite said:

Titans‐ W

Texans- W

Raiders- L

Texans- L

Steelers- W

Jaguars- W

Putting us at 11-5... I have the Titans doing this:

Colts - L

Browns - L

Jags - W

Lions - W

Packers - L

Texans - W

Putting them at 10-6.

AFC South Champs!  Playing CLE in the wildcard and redeeming our loss.  Going to Pitt and winning, going to Buffalo and losing.

Buffalo bounces the Chiefs in KC?

We win the rest of our AFCS games. Toss ups at LVR and at Pitt.

I think we're capable of beating both LVR and Pitt. 

LVR is playing really well and has the best/#1 SoS in the league so far.

Pitt is undefeated, but has literally the worst SoS in the league so far. 

We have the 3rd worst (30th) SoS.

I think all are winnable but out inconsistent play on offense, which will come back at some point.  Remember it's only been a couple weeks since Baltimore.  Added with the alarming number of penalties last week......its impossible to predict.  I've never dug the "on paper" argument, although I agree it's the best baseline.  Homer in me says run the table rational me says we go 3-3 and close out at 10-6.......

I think we lose to the steelers and raiders but win the rest, although division games are always harder to predict I find.

Every game remaining is a huge game though, this next game against the Titans and the Steelers game are the biggest of the lot IMO. If we can secure a win this weekend, we gain huge momentum and a win over the only other threat in the division. If we beat the Steelers we get revenge for numerous losses to them over the years and show we can beat one of the best in the NFL and who knows, maybe even win the SB :eek:... I feel crazy for even saying that.

23 hours ago, Smonroe said:

I think that there are only 4 teams in the entire NFL that can beat the Colts this year!  I'd be willing to bet the house on that.

(Passive aggressive response to another 'predictions' thread)

Please don't. I'd hate to see a loyal fan homeless.

17 hours ago, EastStreet said:

We win the rest of our AFCS games. Toss ups at LVR and at Pitt.

I think we're capable of beating both LVR and Pitt. 

LVR is playing really well and has the best/#1 SoS in the league so far.

Pitt is undefeated, but has literally the worst SoS in the league so far. 

We have the 3rd worst (30th) SoS.

I don't think Pittsburgh stays undefeated, it wouldn't surprise me to see Baltimore knock them off tomorrow.

I'd love to see the Texans do well, but lose twice to us, and of course finish at least a game behind us.... 

Reason? ---- the better they do, the worse draft position (even though they gave their big picks away lol)... Also schedule impacts. Hope the Jags go on a winning streak too, until they play us.. 

Archived