Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts select WR Michael Pittman Jr

danlhart87

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Guys, 

If you remember I'm from France, 

Currently watching the draft on a cruddy stream as I'm confined in the countryside. It is almost 2am here! 

Quick question, I see all of you being thrilled about the pick, but I never heard about Pittman. 

We heard in the community of French football fans about Shenault or Mims (outside of the already picked ones). 

What make you feel that he is better than Shenault or Mims. 

And according to the fact that every mock draft I've seen Shenault or Mims were higher ranked prospect, wouldn't have he been available at 44? 

Thanks! 

I like it.  We got the big WR we've been looking for.  He is productive, excellent hands, catches the ball in traffic. 

I was watching a lot of you tube highlights of possible draftees for us.  Besides what has already been said.  I seen him make plays on special teams.  Blocked a couple punts, made a good tackle causing a fumble, I think it was on kickoff coverage for USC.

There was report yesterday how the trend of picks after Cincy become Hall of Fame players.  Probably a coincidence but I did not want us to trade this pick aware because of the Karma with this pick. 

Now on to pick 44 for another quality pick.

I love Pittman. He was a late study for me. Initially I had him pegged as a 3d rounder but the more I watched him the more I liked him and he ended up as my 6th best receiver in the draft(late first value). I absolutely loved his tape. He has some of the best hands in the draft, for a big receiver he has some of the best feet in the draft too. Great catch radius, great contested catch receiver... but also has some technical refinement when it comes to the nuances of route running, stacking his defender, he looks like a very smart player too - finds open space in zones, when play is broken he gets back to his QB and presents his frame to the QB. He has some of the best feet in the draft too. Just watch his feet on tape... He had some of the best 3cone test at the combine. Unlike some other big frame receivers, Pittman actually seem to have some after the catch ability, he's very competitive fighting for extra yards and can make defenders miss. Althought he's not a burner, if left uninterrupted he has the speed to outrun defenders and take it to house. 

47 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

If Campbell can stay healthy and develop Hilton, Campbell, Pittman, and Pascal could be deadly 

Campbell seems to be almost forgotten.  To me we drafted 2 WRs for next year.  With Rivers behind our online, this could easily be a top 5 offense.  

36 minutes ago, el duderino said:

big, strong, good hands, high character, was a team captain, can play special teams. checks all boxes, typical ballard pick. I like it!

Also he was top WR on Wonderlic, scored 29 which is extremely high. So he’s intelligent too. 

11 minutes ago, James said:

TY and Pittman on the outside. Campbell in the slot. Doyle getting in on the action.

JT running wild.

Offense is going to be insane!

Yeah I'm pretty pumped, Ballard ended up getting a premier defensive player with this first pick involving the trade for Buckner.  Then managed to pick up two elite offensive talents in the 2nd, that in a lesser draft probably would've went in the first round.  

Pittman is an excellent pick.  Brings us the big catch radius that we haven't had since Reggie.  Pittman can also win the jump balls, but he's not a plodding physical receiver, he has speed.  So he can get down field 30 yards and win the catches in chunk plays, not just plodding possession plays.  

Fills a huge hole that we've had for 5 years, IMO.  Great pick. 

His Wonderlic score is very nice.  He’s older, & mature.  Seems like the kind of player Ballard likes.  I think Rivers will look to him early.  He’s no project.  He’s coming in pro ready.  Also, can see Pittman as a guy that TY can pass the WR leadership reigns to like Reggie did with him.

4 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

His Wonderlic score is very nice.  He’s older, & mature.  Seems like the kind of player Ballard likes.  I think Rivers will look to him early.  He’s no project.  He’s coming in pro ready.  Also, can see Pittman as a guy that TY can pass the WR leadership reigns to like Reggie did with him.

Yep. He will be ready to go day 1.  We will need a speedy guy to replace ty. Maybe that ends up being Paris.

Archived