Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Steelers Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Don't forget this Sunday's game on Fox 59 at 7:30 pm I think!
    • Im sorry I’m responding a little late….   But I took the time to re-view the 25 minute Luck press conference, and the 25 minute conference from Irsay, Ballard and Reich.    Luck says his final decision was made roughly 10-14 days before the announcement, and the execs say they knew 7-10 days ahead and the week leading up to the game was filled with almost daily conversations.  I don’t know where you got that the front office found out “that day.”    I’ve never seen that claim made by anyone else here, and there’s been plenty of mis-information put out there about Luck.    Also….  Luck didn’t participate in any team activities the entire off-season.   Zero in the Spring.   Zero in training camp.  At the presser Ballard talked about the strange off-season saying Luck ended the 2018 season feeling pretty good, then something happened at the Pro Bowl that no one could pin down.  Ankle sprain?   High ankle sprain? Shin?    No one knew.   So the team knew something was up.     Ultimately, Luck did a bad job at his press conference explaining things, and the media did a poor job of getting enough details to write a good story so people could understand.    But I’d add, that no one in the Colts seems angry with Luck.   Not Irsay, or Ballard, or Reich, or players.   No one.    Yet people here think Luck screwed the team.   A guy driven to do the right thing all his life, and yet fans here are convinced he did the wrong thing.   I confess that disappoints me.   It’s as if people never learned anything about Andrew Luck beyond his wins and losses.  I find that sad….  
    • Like most surface fans? Not sure what kind of shot ur trying to take here but okay. As for the points, there aren't really any intelligble ones to respond to. In both instances Wentz gives the ball to the other team at the very end of the game. In both TEN matchups. Also, in those specific plays there were checkdowns available.    Reich kind of took blame for one, saying he shouldn't of called a TE screen so close to the end zone. But I guess i'm just a surface fan, even though I consistently talk on a colts fan forum, frequent multiple other sites where many people post a plethora of uncensored opinions about the colts, attend games frequently, and I understand football more than most casual people.    I don't sit on the board and pretend to speak some scheme specific terminology, but I know what football looks like. And with that being said, it is easy for anyone to see that Wentz consistently put our defense in bad positions, and tried to play hero ball despite not being very good at it.  As for how that applies to this specific thread; I think having a more sensible QB on the roster will make our Oline look a lot better.    Also, as i've stated multiple times, I do recognize our offensive line had issues. However, that doesn't takeaway the reality of 2sprainz and the type of game he wanted to play, even at the cost of his own team. 
    • She can talk some smack on analytics. Smarter than most of the hot take reporters / personalities out there. And she's super hot.  Highly doubt it happens, but we have a lot of things that could realistically fall our way. 
  • Members

• CR91

CR91 9,683

• Robert Johnson

Robert Johnson 101

• Narcosys

Narcosys 587