Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Steelers Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

Greetings for NFL Game Day at Western Pennsylvania, Colts Nation!  :default_20smile:  Our  first place in the AFC South Indianapolis Colts are in The Steel City to play the struggling and 3-4 Pittsburgh Steelers, in the early primary doubleheader game on The NFL On CBS. Colts seek and will attempt to win the first regular season game over the Steelers in 13 years.

Indianapolis will try to end their five game regular season steal against Pittsburgh, and will seek their first win today over the Steeler, since the Colts defeated the Steelers 24-20, also played at Heinz Field, back on November 8, 2006.

Colts will also see second-year QB Mason Rudolph instead of veteran Ben Roethlisberger, who is placed on injured reserve, and is out for the season with his injured elbow.

Pittsburgh though, leads the all-time series over Indianapolis at 24-6, including 19-6 in regular season games, and 5-0 in postseason games, in today's 31st all-time meeting.

Sunny and clears skies at 45 degrees, feels like 39 degrees, is the local gamecast inside Heinz Field. for the 1:05 PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff, along, with 0% precipitation, 46% humidity, and western winds at 11 miles per hour.

Lead referee Brad Allen leads the NFL Officiating crew that will supervise the live field action between the Colts and Steelers.

NO injuries to the Colts and Steelers players, but let's hope our Colts leave Pittsburgh with their sixth regular season win of the 2019 regular season by the late afternoon this Sunday, and LET'S GO COLTS!!!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thanks LOS for the game thread,

We always struggle against these guys, no TY Hilton today either. Having said that they too have key injuries. I think we are the better football team this year compared to them with Ben not playing. Luckily for us we had a decent QB that could step in when Luck retired (Brissett).  I say Colts win an ugly one 20-17. 

Thanks again for starting the thread, LOS!

I picture Reich giving a speech something like: "Forget about past records.  Believe in each other and play for each other.  Execute the game plan and do your job and we go home with the win!  1-0 today, boys!"

1-2-3...COLT!!!"

Go COLTS!  All day every day!  :coltshelmet:

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I hope we’re not planning to play Blackmon at FS. He may have experience there but his worst football has been at FS. He’s by far a better SS.    I think Cross is best as Blackmons backup at SS. Hope Scott can play FS, then we’ll have to rely on Thomas as his backup. 🤢
    • First, when I listened to Ballard on McAfee, I basically heard him say they're going to watch other teams sign veteran players, and they plan to roll with what they have. So that's what I expect.   Second, I think it's possible that people who talk about Cross and other players on the roster are overly critical. I guess we'll see.   Lastly, and this is more cynical on my part, I think the biggest problem with our pass coverage is the way the defense is called by Bradley. And that being the case, the most meaningful improvement will come from really good pass rush. So everyone is focused on who's playing corner and safety, and I'm more interested in what the defensive line does.
    • Chad?   What does this even mean?   “Letting it go to waste like he did with Raimann”.      Can you elaborate please?   You lost me. 
    • I guess the simple reply is that whether you agree or not that those guys were starting level corners, they were not available last year. So watching Baker and Brown get torched and saying 'we went into the season with a bad secondary and we're doing it again!' is a misrepresentation, IMO.   If we were to go more in depth, I'd disagree with your characterization of Rodgers. I think he was a solid starting option, and should have been playing more even sooner. And it wasn't until after the draft last year that anyone knew he was in trouble. Flowers was unproven, but I think he was better than the players who had to replace him.    I agree with the last sentence. Assuming nothing drastic happens between now and the start of the season, I'd argue that this year's secondary should be better, just by virtue of the experience that players like Jones and Brents got last year, plus a hope for Flowers to return. And I think that's what Ballard and Co. are counting on. Whether we think that's the best strategy or not. I'd rather see them add a veteran, but I'm not going to harp on it endlessly, and I'll judge the plan on the results, not against my expectations.
  • Members

• Goatface Killah

Goatface Killah 2,029

• JlynRN

JlynRN 1,002

• craigerb

craigerb 397

• tate

tate 10

Rookie