Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
LucasOilStadium

Colts @ Steelers Game Day Thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Wow....no need to get rude. So what of Ballards picks over the last 3 years do u seeing as being star material based on their early performances in the league??

 

Hooker, Nelson, Leonard, Mack, and a whole bunch of starting caliber players that are super young with high ceilings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

 

Hooker, Nelson, Leonard, Mack, and a whole bunch of starting caliber players that are super young with high ceilings. 

Like I said,  I don't count Nelson and even Hooker.  They were high picks.  Leonard is average and so over rated by this board.  I will give u Mack.  I am waiting for one of these 2nd round pick to develop into a star.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Like I said,  I don't count Nelson and even Hooker.  They were high picks.  Leonard is average and so over rated by this board.  I will give u Mack.  I am waiting for one of these 2nd round pick to develop into a star.

 

I mean, you can't bash Ballard's drafting and say his first round picks don't count. Grigson's first round disasters sure counted...

 

Leonard isn't overrated by any means. He was deservedly all pro last season and was even injured most the season. He's struggled at times this season and today was no exception, but he's still the leader of this defense... and better than we have had at linebacker in a long time. 

 

Turay was on pace to being an elite pass rusher. Well on his way. Hopefully he bounces back in a big way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ho

Just now, ColtStrong2013 said:

Leonard isn't overrated by any means. He was deservedly all pro last season and was injured. He's struggled at times and today was no exception, but he's still the leader of this defense... and better than we have had at linebacker in a long time

Your leader got 2 penalties that could have arguably cost us the game? He cant cover to save his life and gets blown off the ball. He is loud and brings a lot of attention to himself.  I think he has developed into a me player this year with all the hype he got last year.  He just strikes me as being ego centric.  I could b wrong but that's just the way I feel

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Like I said,  I don't count Nelson and even Hooker.  They were high picks.  Leonard is average and so over rated by this board.  I will give u Mack.  I am waiting for one of these 2nd round pick to develop into a star.

I've been very impressed with Mack. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Ho

Your leader got 2 penalties that could have arguably cost us the game? He cant cover to save his life and gets blown off the ball. He is loud and brings a lot of attention to himself.  I think he has developed into a me player this year with all the hype he got last year.  He just strikes me as being ego centric.  I could b wrong but that's just the way I feel

 

I understand that thinking. But I think it's more of him bringing energy at all times, which he does and what the franchise wants and needs from him. We just need him to be the playmaker from last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

 

I understand that thinking. But I think it's more of him bringing energy at all times, which he does and what the franchise wants and needs from him. We just need him to be the playmaker from last year. 

He should less time dancing round the field and focus more on making the correct decision with regards to the flow of a play

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I doubt our kicking and injury woes (knock on wood) would be the same next year, and we may or may not pick in the Top 15 again.   Having said that - Ballard has had the fortune of picking in the Top 15 3 times in 4 years (including upcoming draft) and has Malik Hooker and Quenton Nelson to show for it, a mixed bag for now.
    • Not that I want him here, but (especially since people list Josh Rosen as a possibility?)- what about 27 yr old/ 6’5”, 236 lbs Blake Bortles?  He’s a FA, and better reading progressions than Jacoby.  ESPN called him the perfect backup in the Rams system last year.  Is that all he’ll ever be, or would he flourish in Reich’s system? (He certainly played well AGAINST our old Colts Defenses! And he would have a running game to take pressure off him.)   I know, he was a turnover machine in Jax.  Hopefully, better with experience with the Rams?
    • probably wont be a popular comment but we could have kept peyton,  and traded luck(for a lot), accelerating the rebuild    not sure that would have been enough to get another ring with peyton but we would probably have a better team now
    • Should be a good one and glad to see some different teams play in the SB for a change.   Not sure SF gets another performance from their RB like they did against the Packers.  They will need to pass the ball more against KC.   KC did a pretty good job of limiting Derrick Henry, then TENN had to pass the ball once they fell behind.   KC can score so quickly...you look up and they've put 21 points on the board in just a few minutes, it seems.   SF has a good defense, but struggles against mobile QBs.   I predict KC 31 - SF 18  
    • At least hand size extrapolation is used for something family friendly. 
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...