Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign RB Spencer Ware

KB

37 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

Those are all system guys. Any list for best RB's that includes Burkhead is LOL

You can LOL all you want while Burkhead makes key plays and helps them win playoff games. No one provides group rankings for just talent without usage in a system, period. He was banged up last year and came back in time for their run.

If we did not have the OL built up, our RBs wouldn't do much either, it is just the way it goes with RBs. The Patriots' strength is their OL as well. 

The sum of the parts as RBs is always greater than the individuals and I feel the Patriots group is better. You can agree to disagree.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CR91 said:

Guess Ajayi just wasn't healthy enough

I think the issue might’ve also been $$$.   Doubt we’re offering much.   If we’re playing hardball on Inman, I’m guessing we’re playing hardball with Ajayi.

Thst said...  I’m glad we signed Spencer.  

I feel like I'm the minority here but I believe Wilkins is the better running back then Hines honestly and hope he gets the ball more this year.  I think he was really good last year while splitting the carries between two other backs and still produced good numbers. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

I feel like I'm the minority here but I believe Wilkins is the better running back then Hines honestly and hope he gets the ball more this year.  I think he was really good last year while splitting the carries between two other backs and still produced good numbers. 

i agree Wilkins could get a bigger role and produce but now w parris that should take 3-4 more carries from the rb group

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think the issue might’ve also been $$$.   Doubt we’re offering much.   If we’re playing hardball on Inman, I’m guessing we’re playing hardball with Ajayi.

Thst said...  I’m glad we signed Spencer.  

I think a longer contract as well. I heard ajayi wanted a long-term commitment, but Ballard wouldn't budge 

4 hours ago, Pacergeek said:

The best off season in Colts history, has somehow became even better. Ware gives the Colts, by far, the best RB group in the NFL.

Id trade the Colts RBs for the Chargers RBs in a heartbeat. 

Gordon > Mack

Ekeler > Hines

Jackson = Wilkins

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

Gurley is washed up, and Barkley is comically overrated. Gettleman should be fired for drafting Barkley over Quentin Nelson

Gurley had over 1700 yards and 21 tds last year rushing and receiving.   Totally washed up

4 hours ago, Pacergeek said:

The best off season in Colts history, has somehow became even better. Ware gives the Colts, by far, the best RB group in the NFL.

U really think so?

i thought i was the ultimate optimist and even i didnt see #1 RB group in league.

5 hours ago, CR91 said:

Guess Ajayi just wasn't healthy enough

Looks like it.  I wanted Ajayi if healthy but I am excited for this signing as Ware is a very physical runner in his own right.  He will compliment our stable of running backs nicely.  Our offense is going to be a load to deal with this upcoming season.  

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

Gurley had over 1700 yards and 21 tds last year rushing and receiving.   Totally washed up

Gurley did nothing in the playoffs. He was worn down from regular season. Too much wear and tear. He will never be the same. Got out played by CJ Anderson. You know you suck when a RB off the street takes your carries

4 hours ago, tweezy32 said:

I'm with you.   I think Wilkins has allot to offer.  I hope they keep him.

So is Ware a good blocker?  Maybe he is a CJ Anderson clone.  I was hoping the Colts would pick up Anderson the past 2 years.