Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign RB Spencer Ware

KB

4 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Does this mean Wilkins and Williams will be cut/traded? I would expect us to only carry 3 RB's week 1. 

Why 3?  And, you forgot Hines.

Nyheim Hines

Marlon Mack

Spencer Ware

Jordan Wilkins

Jonathan Williams

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

Nyheim Hines

Marlon Mack

Spencer Ware

Jordan Wilkins

Jonathan Williams

Because the team can carry only 53, and with an emphasis on having a good rotation of pass rushers, for example, something has to give in terms of what your ideal number would be at some other position, and that might easily be RB.

12 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

Nyheim Hines

Marlon Mack

Spencer Ware

Jordan Wilkins

Jonathan Williams

Pretty sure by his comment, he doesn't anticipate Hines going anywhere.

Mack

Hines

Ware

=3 RB's

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

Nyheim Hines

Marlon Mack

Spencer Ware

Jordan Wilkins

Jonathan Williams

I don't expect Hines to be going anywhere. Wilkins would be the most likely candidate to get cut, as it's a given Williams is probably gone now after camp. 

18 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

I don't expect Hines to be going anywhere. Wilkins would be the most likely candidate to get cut, as it's a given Williams is probably gone now after camp. 

Williams definitely the odd man out imo. I actually think Wilkins might still take thd spot over Ware. We shall see how camp turns out.

Good signing regardless. Competition everywhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Embarrassed to say I don't know anything about him. Had to google him heh. Had good size. Is he a power back. Look like he's been a career backup. 

Ware is a good back. Hes just been injured and/or in between carries to Charles and Hunt

• Thanks 1

Wow, the additions to the offense this offseason are really piling up. What great, strategical signings too, Funchess is the only guy you can halfway say was overpaid, and at that price, and their cap space, even that's a stretch. Man, man, man, I'm excited to what they look like next season! Mack, Hines, and Ware in the backfield, TY, Funchess, Campbell, Cain, Ebron, and Doyle catching passes, and Luck as our QB (o line needs no introduction). Plus Hines catching passes, and Campbell getting hand offs haha, so many possibilities! Here's to hoping they stay healthy, and that this is a magical season boys! 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, runthepost said:

I’ll have to slow you down there bud

Yeah, the SB champs that had Sony Michel, Rex Burkhead and James White just got Damien Harris for Burkhead insurance, they are still the front runner in the league. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, the SB champs that had Sony Michel, Rex Burkhead and James White just got Damien Harris for Burkhead insurance, they are still the front runner in the league. 

Those are all system guys. Any list for best RB's that includes Burkhead is LOL

43 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Ware is a good back. Hes just been injured and/or in between carries to Charles and Hunt

Definitely injury concerns for him.  I'm sure will keep 4 RBs, and hopefully put one of the guys cut (Wilkins or Williams) on the PS.

He had a very good 2016 season.....almost 1000 yds rushing  and over 400 yds receiving. (In 14 games)

Missed all of 2017 with major knee surgery.

Played sparingly in 2018 season until later in the season when he started two games.

Injuries then sidelined him for the last few games of the 2018 regular season, and into the playoffs.

Per Rotoworld, his recent injuries were hamstring, shoulder, knee....

Obviously injuries are a major concern, but at 5-10 and 230 pounds, if he can get healthy, and stay healthy, he would be an excellent compliment to the Colts running backs.

• Like 1