Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What was your favorite moment from the 2018 season?

Hark

Since it seems to be getting a little quiet here now that the season is over for our Colts, what was you favorite moment from the 2018 season?

For me it was watching this team on opening day and just seeing how hard they competed. It felt like we lacked that a little bit last year, and it was fun to have it back.

• Thanks 1

Making the playoffs! We were so excited at my house!

WEEK 17 · Sun 12/30 · FINAL W 33 - 17 AT Tennessee Titans

Followed by winning the WILD CARD · Sat 01/05 · FINAL W 21 - 7 AT Houston Texans

Aside from those 4 consecutive losses, it was a good season to be a Colts fan.

• Like 4

Wow, very good question and some very good responses.  I can't pinpoint a moment, so I'm going to cheat a little and say watching our OL protect our franchise.

Also enjoyed watching the Maniac and our defense improve.

Okay, I just thought of my favorite...the day Frank Reich was named Head Coach...I don't think that "other guy" would have had this team do what it did under Reich.

• Like 1

1- Going back to Houston in the Wildcard round and dominating the rubber match, gaining invaluable playoff experience for our very young team.

2- Dominating the Titans on national television to make the playoffs after starting 1-5.

3- Marlon Mack out rushing Zeke and our defense holding the Cowboys to 0 points.

• Like 1

Both Titans games were great! Probably all 3 Houston games, even though we lost the first one, the going for it on 4th seems to have given the players something they hadn't had in the Pagano era, trust!

Oops, that is not "a" favourite moment, that is many.

I will say though, there were 2 moments that had this grown man jumping in my living room;

1) The Hooker interception in the Giants game that put us so close to the finals

2) The Smith-Schuster fumble that put our destiny in our hands

Ultimately though, Luck coming back and playing at the level he did when so many "experts" and "inside sources" had him done and dusted and his career over.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, kornstar said:

1) The Hooker interception in the Giants game that put us so close to the finals

2) The Smith-Schuster fumble that put our destiny in our hands

These were the two. It gave us a "pre-playoff" playoff game vs Tennessee.

• Like 1

Lots of great moments.

Probably my single favorite moment was when Hooker picked off Eli to seal the Giants win.  The game itself was a great comeback and the play kept playoff hopes alive.  Plus we had bought tickets to the Titans game in Nashville the following week so it meant we were going to a game that truly meant something.

Another favorite experience of the season was walking into Lucas Oil before the Cowboys game.  It was electric and felt like a big game.  In fact it felt like the first big game at the Stadium since 2014.

• Like 3

I think mine was the fact we have a running game again. If Mack stays healthy and plays 16 games he will be contending for the rushing title next season. If  he had played all 16 games he would be right up there with Elliot and Barkley with about 1400 yards. It’s fun to have a running back with big play potential.

10 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Lots of great moments.

Probably my single favorite moment was when Hooker picked off Eli to seal the Giants win.  The game itself was a great comeback and the play kept playoff hopes alive.  Plus we had bought tickets to the Titans game in Nashville the following week so it meant we were going to a game that truly meant something.

Another favorite experience of the season was walking into Lucas Oil before the Cowboys game.  It was electric and felt like a big game.  In fact it felt like the first big game at the Stadium since 2014.

That reminded me of the Marlin Jackson pick against the Pats in the Title Game.

• Like 1

I would have to say week 17. I was soo pumped for Sunday night football. Random people at the stores giving me props and telling me they hoped the Colts would win that night. It was awesome!

I know alot of us didn't know it till the end of the season. But, my 2nd favorite part was Jacoby running to the end zone to photo-bomb the defense's pose :funny: 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, jskinnz said:

Very true. There were a lot of Cowboys fans at the hotels, bars, restaurants, and of course at the game. But after the 1st quarter there wasn't any cheering for them. Only griping that they needed to fire their offensive coordinator. It was awesome!

Colts trail Miami 24-14 in the fourth quarter. Luck and the squad battle back to tie the game.

Then with just minutes to go, on 3rd and long, with defenders all around him, Luck climbs up the pocket and on the run delivers the ball right into Chester Rogers' breadbasket and put the team in FG range, where GOAT ended it at the buzzer.

That play was peak Luck. The athleticism, the arm strength, the awareness and the clutch drive to end a game the Colts really shouldn't have been in a position to win anyways. 

I knew Luck was back for a while, but that one play cemented it. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

It might seem petty, but when Luck pulled Clowney offsides with that hard count to clinch the win

...that was pretty freakin sweet. 

That was the week we realized we could still make the playoffs after losing to the Jags. That was a great moment. Also the comeback against the Dolphins and Giants at home, and the Titans game plus the Texans playoff game too. So many moments to remember this season!

• Like 1

Honorable mention, but......Kenny Moore my goodness......he set the tone of our season picking Dalton off on the first play of our season opener. Such a shame we lost.

Defeating the 11-5 AFC South champions who masqueraded as a 9-7 team in the Wild Card Game. Making it known to the league that as long as Luck is healthy, the AFC South is Indy's.

My favorite moment was opening day. Sitting in the stands with my Colts brethren, and just the stadium reaction to Andrew walking onto the field. It was such an amazing and emotional moment. You could feel the atmosphere and love everyone had for that man that day. People cheering his name. Heck even Bengals fans standing and clapping for his return. 

The game itself of course was a bummer at the end. But seeing Luck back out there throwing, live in front of the fans in a meaningful game. It was special, and we really felt that with Andrew back, football in Indiana was finally back. 

And to think how far we got from that moment in September... 

10 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

Colts trail Miami 24-14 in the fourth quarter. Luck and the squad battle back to tie the game.

Then with just minutes to go, on 3rd and long, with defenders all around him, Luck climbs up the pocket and on the run delivers the ball right into Chester Rogers' breadbasket and put the team in FG range, where GOAT ended it at the buzzer.

That play was peak Luck. The athleticism, the arm strength, the awareness and the clutch drive to end a game the Colts really shouldn't have been in a position to win anyways. 

Hands down Lucks best play all season! Great game too.

On 1/25/2019 at 12:32 PM, NorthernBlue said:

I was lucky enough to be at that game. What a rollercoaster ride!