Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Release Cromartie and Waive Moore

Caleb3502

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

I can understand ehy they let cromartie go but sio moore?????? That might hurt us

I think it was kinda like when we fired Pep last year....somebody's head had to land on the chopping block...so we got rid of a couple vets to wake some people up. I don't think either was going to contribute to this team being great any time soon so they were expendable. Its a wake up call...but one we could afford to make. If we don't start winning however it will be Chuck that will be on the way out. He is the one common denominator down on the field/sideline from last year to this and we continue to be inconsistent and have poor play. I wish it wasn't true but it has to start to point to him and probably this offseason to Grigson. I still think this team has better play in it. No reason we can't be a 9-7 team but it has to get fixed fast.

Just now, VaAllDay757 said:

What are you talking about? Moore only been with us for 2 seasons not even 2 whole seasons at that he was hurt last year and he was doing good with the raiders until they traded him

He was a mess with the Raiders.  Plenty of articles - I'm sure you can Google as well I can.  A long history of being late, not taking things seriously, hell Woodson is quoted in papers as wanting to fight him after some post-sack dance.  Selfish player.  In Del Rio's doghouse, and never got out of it.  Talented guy who spent a lot of time in the trainers room.  Questionable stuff according to Raiders coaches/FO.  It's all out there. 

My speculation is Moore may have been a little too casual about practices, meetings, being on time, whatever.  And on a team struggling with fundamentals, I'm not shocked his name is on a list of cuts. 

Looks like they are going to give Bates a shot.   Bates is more of an ILB to me anyway.  I wouldn't be surprised if he did well there.  He's not afraid of contact and he tackles well.  Got good speed at 4.6 to 4.7 forty.  Has good size and very smart.

Kevin Bowen @KBowenColts

The Colts fill one of their open roster spots by bringing OLB-Trevor Bates up to the 53-man roster. Bates was a 7th round pick in 2016.
Kevin Bowen @KBowenColts
Should be noted that Bates has played some inside linebacker. So has position flex with Trent Cole/Sio Moore no longer on the roster

Just now, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

He has versatility and I hope he shows it!  While I am not as hopeful as I was when the season began, I am far from giving up on the team :)

I think we can get it done, just have to cut out the turnovers and all the other self imposed bull that we can easily control.

Just now, krunk said:

I think we can get it done, just have to cut out the turnovers and all the other self imposed bull that we can easily control.

Just now, krunk said:

Sorry for the double quote....I agree.  I would rather finish strong then start strong and fade at the end of the season....let's hope the worst is behind Indy!

19 minutes ago, dgambill said:

No offense to Robert but lets be honest...Dwight Freeney garnered so much attention on the back side that basically left Mathis with 1 on 1  his whole career.....but now even if he did get 1 on 1 I honestly doubt he could beat most TEs much less a RT. His injuries sapped his speed...he isn't close to the player he once was. I don't see us changing defenses to try to benefit an over the hill mid 30 pass rusher who's last best year came when he got busted for banned substances.

I don't know that the only benefit would be for Mathis.  Our linebacking corps lacks the most on our team.  If we are going to continue to use Mathis, he is better served coming off the line.  His speed is in the first few steps...he can beat an O-lineman off the line, but he isn't fast enough after 5 yards.  I think Ayers and Langford would both benefit from coming off the line as well.

6 minutes ago, jchandler7 said:

Unless my thinking is off we should have one more spot to fill AFTER Jones and Bates are added. Cole was put on IR and we released 2 players Moore and Cro today. Jones - Cole, Bates - Moore, Cromartie - ?

You are sorta right. They signed Jeremy Vujnovich to active roster last week. I assume once Good and/or Reitz are healthy, JV will be cut. 

1 minute ago, Larry Horseman said:

You are sorta right. They signed Jeremy Vujnovich to active roster last week. I assume once Good and/or Reitz are healthy, JV will be cut.

Ok I missed that, thanks! Didn't see where we moved Vujnovich up from practise squad.

Sio played pretty well the first game. Then sucked since. Cromartie is just done. At one time he was a stud. He's finished. But again. We should have made some better moves this offseason. Why not cut DQ, sign Trevathan at ILB and resigned Free? What about signing Casey Hayward? Why not have done everything possible to bring in an EDGE rusher who could put up 10-15 sacks. Called the Pats and tried to acquire Chandler Jones? Or at least signed Irvin or even a vet like Chris Long??? Pitiful. Bet that if we don't pick it up Grigson and Pagano will be gone, and Irsay will bring in a more aggressive GM, and an actual HC.

46 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

After watching Denver on Sunday, I'm still trying to figure out why we got rid of Billy Winn.

You read my mind. He really produced last year, and he didn't cost much.  He and Langford would have been more than stout.  Anderson would have to outplay him to get his spot back, and then Winn would be a really nice priced backup.

6 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I have issues with Grigs but that one wasn't really his fault. He offered Freeman the same deal the Bears did and Freeman picked them. Its not like he just let him walk.

Kinda.  What and when gets hazy.  He turned us down but it's unclear that the offer still stood by my recall.

46 minutes ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

He has versatility and I hope he shows it!  While I am not as hopeful as I was when the season began, I am far from giving up on the team :)

The chiefs started out 1-5 last year and ended up getting in the playoffs. It can be done. 

34 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Sio played pretty well the first game. Then sucked since. Cromartie is just done. At one time he was a stud. He's finished. But again. We should have made some better moves this offseason. Why not cut DQ, sign Trevathan at ILB and resigned Free? What about signing Casey Hayward? Why not have done everything possible to bring in an EDGE rusher who could put up 10-15 sacks. Called the Pats and tried to acquire Chandler Jones? Or at least signed Irvin or even a vet like Chris Long??? Pitiful. Bet that if we don't pick it up Grigson and Pagano will be gone, and Irsay will bring in a more aggressive GM, and an actual HC.

Sometimes you have to give them the benefit of the doubt and hope they checked into Trevathan and Hayward because both were top tier guys to go after. But the thing that kills me is that you just never know. Grigson may have tried to get Trevathan or maybe he didn't bat an eye at him. Wish we knew for sure.

Releasing Cromartie and Sio Moore was a bit of a shock in my opinion. I know Art Jones would be taking a spot back but didn't think either one of those guys would get the boot. I'm assuming Darius Butler is back healthy and Davis is near 100%. We need to get this defense rolling quick.

2 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

If they let this dope trade our picks and then he gets canned at seasons end I'm gonna be * 

Our third rounder this yr won't see the field.   Are you saying now in hindsight you wouldn't have traded our third round pick for someone that can contribute now?

would you trade Clark right now?   Because basically that is the kind of guys Grigs has been drafting.  Projects.  He thinks he's smarter than everyone else 

a third round draft pick could bring in a very good player.  Much better than we will see with Clark 

and on on top of that our draft position will be very low so it would be more like a second to some teams so there would have been great quality in That pick

Moore couldn't tackle or cover so I agree. Cromartie was good the first 3 weeks but just bad sunday. Grigson should have kept Freeman even if it meant getting rid of Jackson. The problem with the defense is they aren't athletic enough to play in a man coverage scheme. Jackson, Moore, and Walden are zone LB's. We play man coverage 90% of the time which is easy to beat with crossing routes. 

1 hour ago, chad hugo said:

Found this on reddit haha! 

Wow. That 4th video is shameful. What was with the step towards the line?  The jags didn't even run a play fake... That false step gave the back free access to the flat and Bortles exploited it immediately for an easy first down. 

12 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

Our third rounder this yr won't see the field.   Are you saying now in hindsight you wouldn't have traded our third round pick for someone that can contribute now?

would you trade Clark right now?   Because basically that is the kind of guys Grigs has been drafting.  Projects.  He thinks he's smarter than everyone else 

a third round draft pick could bring in a very good player.  Much better than we will see with Clark 

and on on top of that our draft position will be very low so it would be more like a second to some teams so there would have been great quality in That pick

Did you not understand my post? I can't stand Grigson he is a horrible GM and I don't want his stupid * trading our picks cause hopefully he gets fired after this year and the new GM needs to get all the picks he can get 

These two guys aren't NFL caliber players at the moment.  

Sio was just plain terrible.  

Cromartie hasn't been good in awhile.  

At least the Colts did something. You can't keep trotting these guys out there. It didn't even look like they wanted to play.

Here ye, Here ye....Good, send a message to the locker room.  The penalties need to stop, heartless play won't be tolerated, lack of execution has consequences.  In fact, we need to start Doyle over Allen, who has played horribly, it's not enough to be just a nice guy, try hard or live off reputation.  As Polian once said, "effort is simply the price of admission."  The nice guy rah, rah routine from Chuck needs to end. Play Hard, Play Smart, Play Together, these are just the basic minimal standards.  If we are going to suck it needs to be done flying around the field and not beating ourselves.  And Art Jones better show up big on Sunday too!!!

51 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

The chiefs started out 1-5 last year and ended up getting in the playoffs. It can be done. 

And they play in a much tougher division. Things get a little rough in the next few weeks for Houston... At Minnesota, home vs the Colts, then at Denver. If they go 0-3 in that stretch, and we manage 3-0 (CHI, HOU, TEN), we're in business. That is a VERY big if though.

13 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Did you not understand my post? I can't stand Grigson he is a horrible GM and I don't want his stupid * trading our picks cause hopefully he gets fired after this year and the new GM needs to get all the picks he can get 

yes  understand want him gone too....  My point is he wont be gone and hell # up the draft next yr anyway so lets make a trade and win now