Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Release Cromartie and Waive Moore

Caleb3502

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

I didn't think Cromartie played that poorly in the first 3 weeks but he was awful Sunday. 

Sio Moore was awful all season so good thing he's gone. McNary and Morrison have not been any better in coverage so I don't know how we will fix that.

Teams like the Jets trade 5th round picks for #1 receivers, we trade 6th round picks for backup LBs that can't play for the worst team in the league

Just now, Larry Horseman said:

Means the Colts have two open roster spots currently. However, there is also an extra OL because of injuries. So if DG and JR get healthy, really have three. Have to assume Art Jones is one. Will be interesting to see who fills the others. 

Art Jones and Trevor Bates is my guess.

What is even going on right now?!??! I mean seriously.

Sio Moore isn't the best ILB ever, but he's the only one that can semi cover! Plus we get nothing for cutting him and we gave up a 6th round pick for him.

With letting Freeman and Irving go, what depth are they thinking is magically going to present itself with at ILB???

What happens with Cromartie's $3M now? 

Image result for this is madness gif

2 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I didn't think Cromartie played that poorly in the first 3 weeks but he was awful Sunday. 

Sio Moore was awful all season so good thing he's gone. McNary and Morrison have not been any better in coverage so I don't know how we will fix that.

Honestly, I think we see a lot more of Adams, Green, and Geathers on the field at the same time, meaning one less ILB, in an attempt to fix the coverage issue. 

I don't know where the team is going with this. Not saying I disagree with the decision, I just don't know (but to be fair, who does).

Releasing Cro made me think that Vontae is now FULLY 100 % healthy, and that Butler is coming back soon.

However, like some have said, Moore's release seems like a "throwing in the towel" type move. Cause whose gonna replace him? I'd imagine some sort of combination involving Edwin Jackson, Antonio Morrison, and Trevor Bates? Those guys might end up being good, but by putting them in now, they'll benefit from the PT, but the team obviously won't be better. Seems like they may have thrown in the towel.

1 minute ago, NorthernBlue said:

I don't know where the team is going with this. Not saying I disagree with the decision, I just don't know (but to be fair, who does).

Releasing Cro made me think that Vontae is now FULLY 100 % healthy, and that Butler is coming back soon.

However, like some have said, Moore's release seems like a "throwing in the towel" type move. Cause whose gonna replace him? I'd imagine some sort of combination involving Edwin Jackson, Antonio Morrison, and Trevor Bates? Those guys might end up being good, but by putting them in now, they'll benefit from the PT, but the team obviously won't be better. Seems like they may have thrown in the towel.

It isn't throwing in the towel. That is ridiculous. You really think Grigs and Pagano have given up, essentially firing themselves? I said it in a post earlier, but I think it means we see a lot more 3 Safety packages. 

4 minutes ago, Larry Horseman said:

Honestly, I think we see a lot more of Adams, Green, and Geathers on the field at the same time, meaning one less ILB, in an attempt to fix the coverage issue. 

We've been doing it already which is a good thing. Just have to get TJ to 100 percent so je can get more snaps.

14 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Why release these guys now?

Why not wait until the end of the season.  It's not like there is anyone available that is going to be an improvement over these guys.  

Not unless they are planning on trading draft picks for someone. 

If they let this dope trade our picks and then he gets canned at seasons end I'm gonna be * 

I'm shocked. Not because of these two, both deserved to be fired. I'm socialized on the Pagano language of "these guys played their tails off" using that as an excuse for permanent poor production. So now I'm baffled that our coaches or the front office have the guts to make changes and admit to their misjudgement.

12 minutes ago, EvansvilleBlue said:

Could it be related to poor attitudes? They were bubble players already so if they were being disruptive in the locker room it might have pushed them out.

Moore's history in Oakland would suggest his attitude may be a contributing factor to this.  He didn't exactly endear himself to coaches, management, and even teammates on occasion. 

It's funny to think about all those articles about Irving and Moore getting the reps during OTAs...  So much for that...

2 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

2 defensive starters cut after week 4. 

Unreal. 

More like 1.  Cromartie was a starter through injuries alone.  But Moore.....that is so much worse.  We thought so high of him to let Freeman walk in FA, cut Nate Irving in preseason and he beat out the rest of the guys on our roster behind him.  That is the sign of doom and gloom!