Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Release Cromartie and Waive Moore

Caleb3502

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, tikyle said:

More like 1.  Cromartie was a starter through injuries alone.  But Moore.....that is so much worse.  We thought so high of him to let Freeman walk in FA, cut Nate Irving in preseason and he beat out the rest of the guys on our roster behind him.  That is the sign of doom and gloom!

Moore to stay over Freeman. Was that not the plan from our great GM?

Just now, JColts72 said:

Moore to stay over Freeman. Was that not the plan from our great GM?

That would be a big fat emphatic YES.  By far the biggest positional downgrade the Colts have seen since we went from Manning to Sorgi.

29 minutes ago, will426 said:

Mathis should b next  (don't kill me for saying this) lol

It isn't that I disagree with doing this, 2 reasons why we wouldn't do it. 1. Colts won't slap him in the face like that and 2. There would be zero cap savings in doing so. May as well keep him on the team and spot him 10-15 snaps a game as opposed to being a starter. Would make the same statement to the team IMO that if you aren't cutting it, you will be replaced in your spot. Mathis isn't doing jack squat though and I argued he wouldn't at the beginning of this year but some colts homers felt I was being ignorant or disrespectful. I have been right so far and I wished I was eating crow instead. 

Just now, corgi said:

It's like a going out of business sale at a Kmart. "Just take this crap, we can't make it any cheaper!"

It's even worse than that.  It's like going to a garage sale from someone who only buys at KMart.  "Just gimme a dollar for this crap, because obviously I was dumb enough to buy it at retail prices and you can't make it any cheaper and I can't sell it any cheaper either!"

Just now, TKnight24 said:

Good to know the discussion of more tempo wasn't the only thing that was discussed between the coaches yesterday 

Yeah, I think that Irsay is * and he wanted to see some action. This is just the start, the defensive is going to be clean out house as far as the LB group goes.

Wow this team is a complete clown show. And i don't say that because i think either of those 2 were great players, but how does 2 starters on a defense get cut after 4 games.  Not benched, but let go entirely?  And the linebacking situation is a complete joke.  They let Freeman leave for this?  The Colts are a mess and they look clueless here. Smells like a front office and coaching staff that know they need to send a message to the team, they need scapegoats because they are feeling the heat from above.  A loss to the Bears Sunday may not be a bad thing at all. Losses are the only thing that will change the 2 guys who really need to be let go.

I don't think any of this matters.  They were both terrible.  And although it smells like a front office desperate to send a message to a roster lacking discipline and fundamentals, Cro was DONE, and Sio has spent the entirety of his career in and out of doghouses.  Couldn't cover anyone, missed tackles all day, it's no loss.  Play Morrison and see what you have.

3 minutes ago, IinD said:

Moore was a hero before he even stepped on the field.

May as well cut the dead weight, we're not going anywhere so may as well evaluate for the rest of the season, regardless of wins and losses.

Moore didn't fit the 3-4 he is a 4-3 linebacker will see if anyone picks him up.

1 hour ago, MTC said:

Colts are throwing in the towel. 

The season is quickly getting away but they are 100% NOT throwing in the towel.  The guys who make this decision to cut Moore & Cromartie jobs are on the line.  Does it make a whole lotta sense for Grigson & Pagano to not fight their * off to win games?

3 minutes ago, MSColtsFan said:

I don't think any of this matters.  They were both terrible.  And although it smells like a front office desperate to send a message to a roster lacking discipline and fundamentals, Cro was DONE, and Sio has spent the entirety of his career in and out of doghouses.  Couldn't cover anyone, missed tackles all day, it's no loss.  Play Morrison and see what you have.

Wasn't it Morrison who missed the tackle on Hurns that lead to the TD?

2 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

Wasn't it Morrison who missed the tackle on Hurns that lead to the TD?

I'm not suggesting it's a good move, I simply think the Colts fell in love with Morrison, and I'd be shocked if we didn't end up hearing about some locker room nonsense involving Moore.  Being late for meetings, or strolling into the complex late in PJs, lack of focus whatever.  It's what ended his time in Oakland.  And his play was bad.  As bad as the rest of the LBs.

11 minutes ago, MSColtsFan said:

What are you talking about? Moore only been with us for 2 seasons not even 2 whole seasons at that he was hurt last year and he was doing good with the raiders until they traded him

46 minutes ago, jtrester said:

Crazy crazy thought...it would be a giant departure, but could this signal a change back to a 4-3 defense? With a healthy Art Jones, we have enough DT's...could jump start Robert Mathis...again highly doubt it, but it could be helpful.

No offense to Robert but lets be honest...Dwight Freeney garnered so much attention on the back side that basically left Mathis with 1 on 1  his whole career.....but now even if he did get 1 on 1 I honestly doubt he could beat most TEs much less a RT. His injuries sapped his speed...he isn't close to the player he once was. I don't see us changing defenses to try to benefit an over the hill mid 30 pass rusher who's last best year came when he got busted for banned substances.

18 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

Might as well let the new guys get some playing time

I heard this response last week as to why we had 2 rookie OL aside from Kelly in week 4. Makes sense on the defensive side but not when youre trying to protect your new 9 figure asset