Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck Limited in Practice with Shoulder Injury

BullsColtsFan1

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, SilentHill said:

I'm going with a conspiracy theory. Kinda like when the Patriots put Brady on their injury reports with a "shoulder injury".

Also kinda like that time he supposedly cut himself with scissors. He just said that because he couldn't stand not being in the media spotlight after his suspension was settled upon. Just to be sure he was getting that attention, he also changed his haircut.

4 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

Also kinda like that time he supposedly cut himself with scissors. He just said that because he couldn't stand not being in the media spotlight after his suspension was settled upon. Just to be sure he was getting that attention, he also changed his haircut.

Thought Brady cut himself with scissors whilst removing the NFL logo from his helmet???

42 minutes ago, Buck Showalter said:

Thought Brady cut himself with scissors whilst removing the NFL logo from his helmet???

Actually, he was hiding a football in his helmet while deflating it, and the sticker flew off. His teammates wouldn't give him a replacement sticker because, quote, "They thought he was Justin Bieber."

1 hour ago, ReMeDy said:

Because he feels oppressed he'll be sitting for the National Anthem as well ,:D

Hmm, my diagnosis is either rest or a partially ruptured flopitimorial hemofiguroa of the upper traxcel Voltron.  

He he could start game one, or could be probable, questionable, out week one, out 19 weeks, or out indefinitely x Barbra Streisand.

Possible the following:

E.  All of the above

Now being out indefinitely x Barbra Streisand would be the worst case scenario.  

2 hours ago, cbear said:

To this day, anytime I see a QB dealing with his throwing shoulder, it always reminds me of Bert Jones.  So yes, color me a tiny bit concerned.  I'll feel better after we beat Detroit with him throwing for 350 and 4 TDs!!

Basically what you say echoes what I was going to post.   Fingers crossed that the fate that did in Bert Jones does not befall Luck.  Optimistic that this is nothing.

All the local media who love the Luck is hurt storyline are saying nothing to worry about here.  One even went as far to say is that all this means is Luck didn't take as many reps as he normally does in practice.  I am sure after last year if Luck sneezes they are running him through a full check up just to be safe.  I wouldn't lose too much sleep over this right now.

13 hours ago, BCoop said:

Lends a tiny bit of credibility to those that said last year that subluxation of the shoulder has the potential to never fully heal.

I'm not worried yet. It's definitely an interesting development though considering practices are non-contact and he didn't see the field last week.

Yeah, of all the injury issues I recall many discussing the fact that this is the real scary injury, far more than the kidney or anything else.  It also explains his wild throws at time.  Let's just hope it can be improved over time, though usually the opposite happens.  But without Luck at this point we're a 5-11 at best team.  With him playing injured, it will be last year all over again when he went 2-5.  And there's no old man Hasselbeck around to keep us above water.  

BUT... something that makes me feel a little better is that they felt okay to let Morris go.  Perhaps he was there until yesterday because they weren't sure he'd be able to play, but now they think he is.  

No matter what it sure feels like a kick in the gut... 

16 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

We saw him play vs New England, New Orleans, Carolina, and Denver after the shoulder surgery last year, and we saw him play very well this preseason. His shoulder didn't seem to be effecting him at all. Am I missing why I should be concerned about this?

Exactly!  Lucky was still throwing a Great deep ball this pre-season!!
  Ziggy will be gettin' Jiggy with Cantblockya and showing Lucky some turf!
  A concern to some??  :thinking:

50 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Exactly!  Lucky was still throwing a Great deep ball this pre-season!!
  Ziggy will be gettin' Jiggy with Cantblockya and showing Lucky some turf!
  A concern to some??  :thinking:

So if Castanzo keeps Ziggy sack less,  I'm sure you'll rush right back to say you were wrong

some people still wondering if injury... No, there is no injury.

If a player is limited in practice they have to put him on the report, the Colts chose to put shoulder, because I don't think "rest" is valid on a "limited" practice, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

37 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

So if Castanzo keeps Ziggy sack less,  I'm sure you'll rush right back to say you were wrong

Well now, that is a considerable feat for any NFL LT.
 And, you don`t have to SACK Lucky to get him hammered to the turf!
 We need him to have a heck of a game to win this. And he can give up 1 sack and still have a good game. I think they will HELP him quite a bit. Wise to do that!
  Thought i might share this nice pic of our 6th year player in the hopes that you might give this fine young man some respect and learn how to spell his ____ name. lol  Go AC! Go Colts!    :applause:

13970.png&w=350&h=254

Anthony Castonzo

• BornAug 9, 1988 in Des Plaines, IL (Age: 28)
  • Drafted 2011: 1st Rnd, 22nd by IND
  • Experience6th season
  • CollegeBoston College

Grigson was just on 1070, there is no injury, they just wanted to rest him. Per NFL rules, if a player sits during practice, they have to appear on the report.  Said no need to worry at all.

Case closed.

P.S: Grigson says Geathers and Anderson very close to being 100%.

20 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Well now, that is a considerable feat for any NFL LT.
 And, you don`t have to SACK Lucky to get him hammered to the turf!
 We need him to have a heck of a game to win this. And he can give up 1 sack and still have a good game. I think they will HELP him quite a bit. Wise to do that!
  Thought i might share this nice pic of our 6th year player in the hopes that you might give this fine young man some respect and learn how to spell his ____ name. lol  Go AC! Go Colts!    :applause:

13970.png&w=350&h=254

Anthony Castonzo

• BornAug 9, 1988 in Des Plaines, IL (Age: 28)
  • Drafted 2011: 1st Rnd, 22nd by IND
  • Experience6th season
  • CollegeBoston College

I was far closer to spelling his name correctly than were you

2 minutes ago, snkdy said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/injuryexpert/status/773908920159002625

It looks like he's fine, but can someone with more medical knowledge than me explain the effects of labrum fraying? Google hasn't been much help. 

Dakich asked Grigson on this and Grigson adamantly denied this and said Luck is fully healthy, he stressed the fully healthy thing. Grigson flat out said No when asked, no cliche' etc. it was a flat NO 

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Dakich asked Grigson on this and Grigson adamantly denied this and said Luck is fully healthy, he stressed the fully healthy thing. Grigson flat out said No when asked, no cliche' etc. it was a flat NO 

Thank you. 

Admittedly, I don't know the rules for disclosing practice participation, but couldn't they have just said that Luck was limited in practice for "rest", if that was in fact the case?

Are they required to list a body part?

Old geezers like Mathis and DQ are held out of practice for rest all of the time, so why couldn't they just have said that if it wasn't his shoulder?

8 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Admittedly, I don't know the rules for disclosing practice participation, but couldn't they have just said that Luck was limited in practice for "rest", if that was in fact the case?

Are they required to list a body part?

Old geezers like Mathis and DQ are held out of practice for rest all of the time, so why couldn't they just have said that if it wasn't his shoulder?

Like i said above, I think rest designation can only be given if the player does not practice.

4 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

He didn't throw a single pass at practice today.... what is going on?

It was eyebrow raising yesterday. 

This makes it quite curious. My mind keeps bringing up the comments from Harnish in the article earlier this year where he talked about Andrew having more injuries than we know...

Just now, John Waylon said:

It was eyebrow raising yesterday. 

This makes it quite curious. My mind keeps bringing up the comments from Harnish in the article earlier this year where he talked about Andrew having more injuries than we know...

Welp, I'm chalking it up to "gamesmanship" until I see someone other than Luck under center on Sunday. But, not cool to be quite honest.