Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How many td does luck throw this yr?

Trace Pyott

With the wide receiving corps we got, plus another year of experience for luck, hilton, allen, fleener, and moncrief. I know we lost Reggie and he will be missed but I see luck having a monster year this year. Based on what he did last year and if everyone stays relatively healthy and pep calls the right plays I predict luck throws 43 td and 4650 yds. This may be a lot but I have high hopes! What do you guys predict??

I think that this past year Luck set a sort of benchmark for TD's at 40, going forward the plus/minus from that is what is going to be the comparison.  So around 40 is going to be looked at as doing good.

What I am hoping is that the run game is going to be so much better, more run TD's in the redzone, that they are going to be able to control the game and run up the rushing totals that the offense will not be so dependent on Lucks passing.

Yes, a good run game will open up the play action, but I am hoping that with an improved defense, a good run game that by the fourth quarter Luck will not need to throw 2-3-4 TD's to be winning! The Colts are going to be running the ball down the throats of the opposition, and dominating the clock and the games.

So, ideally I would like to see 35 or so TD passes less than 10 interceptions, way better numbers from the run game and a dominating defense, so the Star War numbers will not be necessary. Highest scoring O, best total offense numbers, 1st in TOP, but NOT depending totally on Andrew Luck to do that!

But with the WR corps we got, who knows, It's going to be interesting!

It could be EPIC!

With the wide receiving corps we got, plus another year of experience for luck, hilton, allen, fleener, and moncrief. I know we lost Reggie and he will be missed but I see luck having a monster year this year. Based on what he did last year and if everyone stays relatively healthy and pep calls the right plays I predict luck throws 43 td and 4650 yds. This may be a lot but I have high hopes! What do you guys predict??

TBH, that's not high hopes!  (Barring injury) That should be expected with a roster of Luck, Gore, Fleener, Allen, TY, AJ, among numerous other role players.  Personally, I'm calling 47 TD's 4800 yds.  Within 2 more seasons he should be consistently at 50 TD's 5000 yds, similar to what Brees was doing consistently in yards and what Manning & Brady has done in their prime.

A lot depends on if we can run at the goal line. Last year we couldn't, so Luck was asked to throw a lot in short goal line situations. This helped his TD numbers. I expect to be a better running team this year and therefor, as Luck to throw less in these situations.

34TDs  12INTs   4750 Yards   Most importantly 12 wins.

1 TD

Pep Hamilton will further develop us as a power running team by ONLY running the ball. 

Andrew Luck will go down in history as having the greatest hand-off of any quarterback in the history of the game.

However, in week 17 our offense will run a trick play where we actually throw the ball, totally throwing the opposing defense off guard. He will hit Duron Carter for a 50 yard bomb, inevitably causing this board to hail him as the next Marvin Harrison.

Something tells me that you wrote this with a straight face, too lol.

I did I expect luck to be more efficient with a running game and he will get lots of red zone tds with throws to gore, robinson carter Johnson and allen

I think this team is planning on throwing to open the run...      this team has incredible speed at WR ...   This O will really put stress on the D.      The whole KEY is the OL.    If they do their part this team will be really hard to stop.

I think depending on how their record dictates..   Mannings TD record could be challenged.