Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fire Pep Today

aliveon2legs

This, combined with Pryor's run ability. That read-option is killer right now. Do I think this will fizzle out in a few years like the Wild Cat? Yes, but that's not to take away from Pryor's athleticism. I think a lot of us here anticipated a much closer game than the talking heads. God Bless Antoine Bethea too :)

Bethea did a great job just standing there.

Thanks Pryor for the dumb sack and bad pass. Remind you of last season any?

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be good at something in the long run, it probably should be practiced repeatedly in the short term. Yes the power formations were a but annoying in their pure lack of effectiveness., but it's part of what the Colts want to build. And when it's great, the results are what you would see in the Colts first two drives.

This thread is a joke, but I agree about all the power formations being annoying. Enough with all the 2 back stuff. That's not our strength right now

Our run game was just fine, we averaged 4.8 ypc with only 1 negative run play on Bradshaws 1st run

This thread is a joke, but I agree about all the power formations being annoying. Enough with all the 2 back stuff. That's not our strength right now

I agree, the thread is a joke.  But Pep called a pretty bad game, especially in the second half.

He has to make a team pay if they're rushing two and three DBs on blitzes.

While I think you are COMPLETELY overreacting I never liked the signing of Pep. The whole get him because Luck will be comfortable I was not happy with. Staying "comfortable" killed our team in the Jim Caldwell era. A new GM and a new head coach would have put us in a different spot instead of promoting the "comfortable" choices.

But let's let the season play out..

I'm not sure they got Pep just to make Luck comfortable.  Luck was already comfortable.  It's just too early to judge him.

Our run game was just fine, we averaged 4.8 ypc with only 1 negative run play on Bradshaws 1st run

+ Luck completed 78% of his passes... I thought that's what people wanted???? 0 turnovers also. Ballard did play well as you said.

For some reason the O did fizzle but it will only get better. I thought the OL made some big time bone headed mistakes. AC botched some big time blocks he should've had.

For the most part I really liked what I saw from the WRs, TEs, RBs, minus some terrible OL play @ times.

Pep's not pass blocking for the Colts and no one else is either.

OL Coach come to work with fully charged Taser's because after an offseason of WE MUST PROTECT LUCK.

The OL line didn't get the message nor did the Off. Cord. because calling for long passes when you can't protect

is STUPID.

Hey Pagano next practice spend it rushing ELEVEN all day until you find some pass blockers, even if it takes all

year because you are going to lose LUCK. You can see it coming!!!!!!!

I don't think our offense is ever going to be flashy under Pep. Its going to take some getting use to from the fans too. Our offense under Peyton and Arians last year was pretty wide open.

We ran the ball pretty well and Luck was efficient. I think it will be fine. We do need to probably do more to help the O-line but they'll get better I think.

This, combined with Pryor's run ability. That read-option is killer right now. Do I think this will fizzle out in a few years like the Wild Cat? Yes, but that's not to take away from Pryor's athleticism. I think a lot of us here anticipated a much closer game than the talking heads. God Bless Antoine Bethea too :)

I swear, & I`ve said it a million times,  that guy never has a ton of int`s but whenever he does it is always in the endzone or a TD saving pick...

would love to see an actual stat on that

He helped tackle TY Hilton pretty good

He called his number. Pass was overthrown, another I thought was PI but it was dubiously deemed incidental. TY was well covered. I actually thought Pep called a decent game, but was a bit disappointed that we didn't see some no-huddle.